Planet Earth BluRay/HDDVD 66.95

Not to burst your bubble, but Amazon has had that price since the set first came out on April 24. The MSRP is $99, but they have never priced it above $69.95.

[quote name='TheSecretBaldwin']Not to burst your bubble, but Amazon has had that price since the set first came out on April 24. The MSRP is $99, but they have never priced it above $69.95.[/QUOTE]
I could swear it was always 80-90.

I've been watching this on bluray and it looks unbelievable - too good to be true. Recommended for anyone with a next-gen DVD player.

The HD version is simply fantastic as well. Both the HD and bluray editions use the same codec so they are identical. However, when you go to pick this dvd set up i suggest shaking the box a little. The dvd's are becoming dislodged and sliding around in the case. Since blu ray is a little more sensitive to scratches its important to make sure you get one with out the dvd's sliding around inside. I was going to nab the blu ray edition but i heard the discs sliding around so i got the HD one (the store only had one copy of the blu ray one left).

-joseph

[quote name='POG']... Since blu ray is a little more sensitive to scratches ...

-joseph[/quote]

Not really:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=28

Just want to make this clear. Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. I'm platform-agnostic myself. I have the 60 GB PS3 as my BD player and the Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on as my HD-DVD player.

In my scenario, each has its own pros and cons. With BD, the discs are more durable, but I'll be straining my PS3 player. Nothing wrong with the HD-DVD: they're just as durable as DVD's (then again, that's not much). But as long as you're not abusive with your discs, you should be fine. And it doesn't tax your console's drive.

Just my $0.02.

[quote name='cag1125']Not really:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=28

Just want to make this clear. Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. I'm platform-agnostic myself. I have the 60 GB PS3 as my BD player and the Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on as my HD-DVD player.

In my scenario, each has its own pros and cons. With BD, the discs are more durable, but I'll be straining my PS3 player. Nothing wrong with the HD-DVD: they're just as durable as DVD's (then again, that's not much). But as long as you're not abusive with your discs, you should be fine. And it doesn't tax your console's drive.

Just my $0.02.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about the durabis coating (as well as Sony and Toshiba's hard coating standard). However, i still think its important to check and see if the discs are sliding around.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Am I the only one who rented this, and thought it looked awesome, but fell asleep about an hour in? It's kind of boring after a while.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

-joseph

Its been this price for the past 3 or so months since it was out up. Still a fantastic price. IF you buy it in stores, SHAKE THE BOX! I went through 3 copies until I found an HD DVD version with no floaters.

[quote name='POG']I forgot about the durabis coating (as well as Sony and Toshiba's hard coating standard). However, i still think its important to check and see if the discs are sliding around.

Yes.

-joseph[/QUOTE]

Oh.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Am I the only one who rented this, and thought it looked awesome, but fell asleep about an hour in? It's kind of boring after a while.[/QUOTE]

yeah i think you are, even people that hate this kind of shit have been blown awa by it when i show it to them

[quote name='AshesofWake']yeah i think you are, even people that hate this kind of shit have been blown awa by it when i show it to them[/QUOTE]

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was blown away. Excellent picture quality, and the massive scope of the production.... amazing. A great achievement all around no doubt about it. I just found that after watching the first disc that I had very little desire to put on the next, and felt more like watching a "real" movie.

[quote name='POG']... However, i still think its important to check and see if the discs are sliding around...

Yes.

-joseph[/quote]

Absolutely. I would myself. As much durability these discs are being marketed with, I wouldn't like to take any chances myself.

bread's done
Back