Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare $10 off any platform & Free DLC w/ the purchase of specially marked Cheetos @ Target

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Cheetos® team-up with Target® and Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare to bring players exclusive DLC characters, $10 savings, and an abundance of custom prizes

Beginning August 19th, all specially marked Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Cheetos snacks will get you $10 off the game on any platform, and a code to redeem online. That single redemption will get you ALL of the following:

1) A code for your platform of choice (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 3, or PlayStation 4) granting you Dr. Chester and Chester Chomper characters in-game, in addition to a Craaazy Sticker Pack containing a mix of consumables, accessories, and items.
2) An entry to win a custom designed Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or a custom controller in the daily* sweepstakes

Each code redeemed after that will grant you an additional Craaazy Sticker Pack, and another entry into the sweepstakes.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/plants-vs-zombies/cheetos-team-up-with-target-and-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare/10152211071830178

Nope. Also given this game seems to have microtransactions up the wazoo it's only a matter of time before it's available for peanuts... or cheetos.
Have you played the game?

PvZ: GW launched with no option of "microtransactions." - the option was later added to spend money to buy coins for item customization per user request. However, earning coins is not difficult - on a Gardens vs. Graveyards match, you can easily earn 10-14k per run. The better packs are 20k.

PvZ: GW launched with no option of "microtransactions." - the option was later added to spend money to buy coins for item customization per user request. However, earning coins is not difficult - on a Gardens vs. Graveyards match, you can easily earn 10-14k per run. The better packs are 20k.
Seconded. While there are microtransactions. It takes me about 10-20 minutes of play depending on how the games go to earn enough coins equivalent to a 5-10$ purchase. They are a joke. I get enough coins to purchase the most expensive pack of cards every 3-4 matches.

So... it has microtransactions.

Dang, you guys must be good. I get around 2-3.5k a match. I admit I suck at shooters though lol. But I agree, it doesn't take long to earn enough coins for the good packs. The game is very fun, so I don't mind putting in more time. The plants vs. zombies matches is definitely faster than the co-op matches though...way faster.

I used some micro in the beginning because I had xbox credit. The only game mode that feels fleshed out is gardens and graveyeards and that is the only one to play if you are building coins also now that zomboss down got cheaper buy that one

If you use microtransactions you are either A. lazy and have too much money or B. you are playing the game wrong.

That's the simple truth.
But it has microtransactions. Which was my point. Nothing more or less. Now if you'll excuse me I'll have to extricate myself from the unwashed console masses.

Last edited by a moderator:
But it has microtransactions. Which was my point. Nothing more or less. Now if you'll excuse me I'll have to extricate myself from the unwashed console masses.
I think when most people use the term "microtransactions" they indicate you are missing out on the full experience of the game and/or your progress is significantly slowed without spending money beyond the purchase price of the game. That is not what is present in PvZ.

So, yes, it has the option to spend real money, but the items you can buy have little - if any - significance. You said the game would quickly reduce in value due to microtransactions - not that there were microtransactions - but since the microtransactions were implanted due to player request and have little - if any - bearing on the game, your ultimate point fails.

The only thing you can buy is in game coins, which you earn by playing. Spending 50$ on coins would save you, maybe a day or two worth of play.

When you spend those coins, you get RANDOM items from the packs. So its not like you can pay to really get ahead.

Yep they should be where the packs are in the game.

Tsk tsk tsk, lol at those peeps paying $30+ on ebay. I never found a bag so glad I was able to get it for free.

I had a feeling this would happen. Reminded me of the subway uncharted 3 promo where a lot of stores had no idea it was going on.

When a store fucks up the promo deal and its really hard to find, this is the only answer.

Have $20 for a code...... oh wait, it's free now!, LMAO!!!, i feel sorry for those whom spend money on a code.

Just downloaded all the Cheetos DLC free.  They should be the same ones that cost money right?

haha i laugh at the people who actually spent money just to get these "stickers", now let me unpack the sticker packs for FREE now. :)

When i posted it would be free, a member told me i was lying even when in the chester cheetah's twitter account mentioned about this dlc it would be free, i laugh at this dumbass now, LOL!!

Did you really expect it to be?
It didn't past a week when the promo started, and many people from other countries asked for this in the chester's and plants vs zombies twitter accounts and answered that it would be free, but they were told it would be at the end of the year, so maybe you were of the few who didn't know about it.

One of the codes that I put in worked just fine..but the second one says invalid..I put it in twice so not sure what Im supposed to do..one worked one didnt

bread's done
Back