Plants Vs Zombies (PS3 Only) $9.99 New Gamestop

[quote name='chimpmeister']I picked one up today too, at Springfield VA Gamestop. They had a ton of sealed copies in the cabinet, and one of the girls there said they almost never sold any. I think because the game came out on all the other platforms first (including 360), most people already had it.
[/QUOTE]

Plus, it was a free PSN game for PS+...so a lot of people got the PSN version for free.

Even at that, though, after finishing the PSN version, I ended up buying it for the DS to take on the go (and finished it again) and am still tempted by the PS3 disc version for the extra games...haha

Thanks OP. Picked up a copy earlier today.

Not the best way to play PvZ, but still fun and easily worth 10 for all three games

[quote name='MR_E']
Even at that, though, after finishing the PSN version, I ended up buying it for the DS to take on the go (and finished it again) and am still tempted by the PS3 disc version for the extra games...haha[/QUOTE]
How's the DS version? Enjoy the iOS version the most. And thought the DS version would offer a similar experience

All 3 games are excellent and highly recommended for any casual gamer. At 3.33 each, you cant go wrong. Thanks OP, I have this on xbox, but for this price, I may go and get the PS3 version and junk my xbox disc.

[quote name='rbarba4']
How's the DS version? Enjoy the iOS version the most. And thought the DS version would offer a similar experience[/QUOTE]

It's great, overall. Obviously slightly less graphically impressive (with maybe a bit of slowdown in the craziest levels with the screen full of action) and I think you max out at 9 item slots instead of 10 (which I suppose makes it slightly more challenging). Other than that, everything's intact, it's a blast, dragging plants with the stylus is a natural fit, and there are a few things that are exclusive to the DS. There's a new "achievements" list that gives you certain goals to aim for (I guess in lieu of trophies/achievements in some of the console versions) along with a handful DS exclusive minigames that are pretty solid (aside from one where you have to keep waking your plants up by shouting into the DS mic, but that, luckily, doesn't make too many appearances). Definitely a solid way to play PvsZ on the go.

picked it up sealed at GS. My friend's ripping on me for having it at the price of 10+ but this game is really fun. I don't really care for the other two though.

[quote name='MR_E']It's great, overall. Obviously slightly less graphically impressive (with maybe a bit of slowdown in the craziest levels with the screen full of action) and I think you max out at 9 item slots instead of 10 (which I suppose makes it slightly more challenging). Other than that, everything's intact, it's a blast, dragging plants with the stylus is a natural fit, and there are a few things that are exclusive to the DS. There's a new "achievements" list that gives you certain goals to aim for (I guess in lieu of trophies/achievements in some of the console versions) along with a handful DS exclusive minigames that are pretty solid (aside from one where you have to keep waking your plants up by shouting into the DS mic, but that, luckily, doesn't make too many appearances). Definitely a solid way to play PvsZ on the go.[/QUOTE]

Cool! I might wait for the DS version to go down in price. I have PvZ on 360 disc and missed out on the PS3 PS+ free version.

I just bought 2 copies of this one for a fellow CAG. Didn't even realize this deal was posted. I paid the $3.50 shipping though for two copies. Don't reallly get why people complain over a $3 dollar shipping charge. Don't you spend more then $3 dollars worth of gas going to the store at least for most people.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Price matching this at BB today. I already have PvZ because of Plus but now my fiancee can play Peggle![/QUOTE]

Everyone don't forget about Heavy Weapon, as mentioned by xlaxparkax. Its a great little action/shooter game with cool tanks, airplanes, missiles, etc. Heavy Weapon didn't come on the 360 PvZ disc either, so its nice to have it on disc here!

bread's done
Back