Plasma TV Gamers, Give me some Feedback on this TV

hx214

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Hey guys, I am seriously thinking about grabbing this TV in the next couple of days. http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TH-50PH9UK-50-Plasma-Display/dp/B000HAWAL0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-4992215-8509630?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1182796004&sr=8-1

If I pick it up before the 30th, I get a free 5 year warranty from Panny. I have seen the consumer model in the store, and it has a GREAT picture, and that one probably isn't even tuned yet.

I am looking for advice from people that have plasma and play a pretty good amount of games on it. I an not really worried about the burn it, I hear in it very minimal with the new models as long as you break the TV in correctly, but there is a bit of a consern there. I watch alot of movies and I have always though that the plasma's had the best picture and color. Does this model have lot of good features on it? I realize I will have to buy a blade for the HD tuner and a few extra add on's, but anyone savy with this type of equipment can you tell me if this tv is up to date? (all that 1080i and p crap messes with my mind)

What I am basically curious about is, people that have plasmas, have you ever had a problem with anything while gaming, watching TV, or Movies?
Is this a save investment, or is it a hassle to always have to make sure you don't leave the TV on to long or what not (I fall asleep alot at night and the TV stays on!) I just don't want to have to baby this TV all it's life, that would become a pain.

Any help would be great.

That is a good tv for that price, but I do want to say that there is still burn in even on new plasma model, they are not fully made for games.

Ecpecially since most games has an icon or healthbar on the exact same spot all the time. I would not use plasma for gaming.

If you are able to, try to see if you could invest in a LCD tv. Also with that tv I do not think it include a tv tuner or built in speakers, i'm not fully sure on that.

Thanks for the help guys.

Ya it doesnt come with a tuner or built in speakers at all, thats kinda why I liked it, it would hang on the wall and be very simplistic. (I think that is why you are able to get it at such a cheap price) Does anybody on here have a plasma that they use for gaming? Can you give me some more feedback?

I have a Panasonic plasma 42 px77u. No burn in issues but I don't leave any static image on the tv for 4+ hours either. I would recomend checking the AVS forums as they are VERY knowledgeable and many posters here are talking more from what they think they know.

bread's done
Back