Platinum Games (SEEDS/Clover) and Sega present MadWorld

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Edit: Gah, they got the Youtube vid pulled. Game's in black and white, other than copious amounts of red blood. Pretty comic-inspired look.

GameTrailers: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/215333.html
http://www.dailymotion.com/cluster/...adworldplatinumgamesultraviolentwi_videogames
FLV download: http://rapidshare.com/files/114602729/um_1095048-381759-madworld-1210675354.flv.html

----

I like games with potential. And sign posts sticking out of a guy's head. Apparently this and two other games (sci-fi DS sim/RPG and PS360 action) are under embargo, so cam footage is all there is.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZWjhWOHA18[/media]
Info care of GameTrailers and GAF.

Wow when i read black and white I immediately thought Sadness style. This style works as well.

I personally really enjoy these new artsy direction games have taken. I am not really an art fan, but I am intrigued by the visuals and that causes me to follow the game closer at least.

Holy shit, that rumor was real?

I figured it had about 0.0000000% chance of being real.

Edit: The one cut with all the words, I can make out "man" and "flat tire." This strikes me as funny for some odd reason I can't really explain.

Edit 2: Looks like Gametrailers removed it.

Thanks for the video. A game from on of my favorite publishers on Wii this gen, and developers last gen. I'll keep my eyes on this one.

Wow. That looks mighty interesting. Something more violent than No More Heroes or Killer 7? It certainly has caught my interest.

wow! I am all over this now :)

love the design and just the idea behind it.

if anything, Platinum has always been at par or ahead (or behind) suda 51. I'm a hardcore suda 51 fan, so I don't mind this.

Now you know what to show to the folks who say "Wii is for kiddiez!"

Street sign to the HEAD, biyach! :D

--R.J.

Here you go, trq. I have storyboarded the FLV for you:

MadWorldSB.jpg

[quote name='Strell']Here you go, trq. I have storyboarded the FLV for you:

MadWorldSB.jpg
[/QUOTE]

NEEDZ MOAR HI-DEF.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wow. that storyboard is pretty accurate.[/QUOTE]

You've never seen Strell's storyboards of "The Guy Game." You don't know the half of it.

[quote name='trq']NEEDZ MOAR HI-DEF.
[/QUOTE]

Do you know how low quality that FLV file is? Shot from a person's shaky cell phone?

I upscaled that bitch with the magic of how awesome I am to 720p at the least. Notice how white the white is, how black the black is, and how red the red is. Also how black the black is, and all the little arrows denoting motion. You can totally see the "CHAINSAW" text making a downward sawing motion!

That storyboard is already more powerful than two Gamecubes duct-taped together. I don't even think the Wii could handle it anymore.

[quote name='Strell']
That storyboard is already more powerful than two Gamecubes duct-taped together. I don't even think the Wii could handle it anymore.[/quote]
I got a good laugh out of this one. Put it on the Xbox 360 and you would get PS1 graphics YAY

Anyone else have any links to an existing video of this? Okami is probably my favorite game ever ever, so I need to know everything there is to know about this game now.

Read about this earlier, I'm pretty excited for it.

Of course all the damn links, even the FLV is down.

Strell send me it if you still have it saved, foo.

There's an official press release out today, and two screenshots where you can actually see what is going on.

One of them has a sign in it that says "Kill shit."

I have to champion such sentiments. Someone is inevitably going to complain it will make the game linear to issue such commands.

Also, I understand that after seeing my awesome 840pp uber resolution storyboards, you may be disappointed by the actual screens. I raised the bar so high that you may have unrealistic expectations by now.

Was reading about this and was just thinking to myself "So another No More Heroes?"

But then I watched the video and was all :hot:\\:D/:D:bouncy:

here's the youtube video supposedly from SEGAeurope's account

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=hbg6-yLgy_Y[/MEDIA]

Because of this violence however Platnum Games is unsure of whether or not the game will even get a Japanese release, stating that "In certain markets there are a lot of limitations on the amount of violence you can show, so we definitely have the Western market much more in mind."

That sucks, but feel our pain Japan YEAAAAAAAH! :lol:

[quote name='yukine']Because of this violence however Platnum Games is unsure of whether or not the game will even get a Japanese release, stating that "In certain markets there are a lot of limitations on the amount of violence you can show, so we definitely have the Western market much more in mind."

That sucks, but feel our pain Japan YEAAAAAAAH! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I can see why, look at how No More Heroes did in Japan.
ign-toons-level-75-20071214061606324.jpg

this game looks sick!

At gamestop today, they added this and a few other Platinum games to the list of games coming out.

This game has a release date of Feb 2009.

A game called Infinite Line scheduled for March 2009 for the DS.

And a game for PS360 called Bayonetta set for Sept 2009.

I am excited to say the least.

The style looks a little neat, but the violence doesn't interest me.....at all.

Guess that's not the game's fault though. Where's Okami 2? This is from some of the people that made Okami, right?

IMHO Okami needs to stay as one single product. It's like movies that stand out stronger when they never get a sequel.

This IMHO is a spiritual sequel to God Hand ;)

Godhand 2?

They took the color out because for some reason their cel skills do not translate to realistic.

Let's face it though, Clover never dissapoints in terms of gameplay.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']IMHO Okami needs to stay as one single product. It's like movies that stand out stronger when they never get a sequel.

This IMHO is a spiritual sequel to God Hand ;)[/quote]

Super Mario Bros. 1 should not have sequels because it's so great, and it'll remain great without them!!!

Oh wait, Super Mario Bros. 3 was different, and a huge improvement to the series....

I say it's worth the try!

I love everything that came from this team. Viewtiful Joe was one of my top games last gen. I hope it learns a lesson from NMH ad they advertise this like crazy. NMH had some steam going for it but I don't even know what happened there. And while Manhunt 2 got some attention for its M rating, no one really bought that.

[quote name='yukine']I thought NMH sold very well for how much advertising and budget they put into the game?[/QUOTE]It's easily the best-selling Suda51 game ever. Worldwide sales LTD are probably around 250,000-300,000.

--R.J.

Got my nintendo power yesterday and Mad World was on the cover with a six page article inside. Interesting info:

*Protagonist name is Jack
*Forced to participate in a Lethal game show known as Death Watch
*Objective is to score points by dispatching your opponents in the most entertaining way possible.
*Game is being developed primarily for a Western audience
*Violence in game is to be Over-the-top and non-realistic = funny
*Found objects=eliminate opponents (i.e. caution sign)
*Chainsaw arm= eliminate opponents (press B button for finishing move!)
*Purchase additional weapons from armories scattered throughout Death Watch
*Example: Pair of long Daggers~lift guy up with them and remove legs, knock opponent into air and remove all four limbs, and excising an opponent's spine.
*"Don't expect any moving crate puzzles or missions that send you rummaging for keys."
*Nishikawa: "we wanted to create a game that would allow players to have a lot of fun in short chunks."
*Jack will have the opportunity to participate in hilariously gruesome minigames called Bloodbath Challenges: MANDARTS and Death Press
*Mandarts: gigantic dartboard rises from street and Jack picks up a baseball bat and starts knocking foes toward it. Closer they get to target = more points
*Death Press: hurl as many enemies as possible under large spike-covered hydraulic press within a given time limit

*"We're making all of the boss characters very unique so that when players see them, each one will be etched in their minds forever"

*"the thought of taking Sin City into 3-D and letting the player move around it seemed very exciting."

*harsh rock soundtrack that gets you in the mood to wreak havoc
*keeping with the game show motif, the action will also be accompanied by color commentary.

I just skimmed the article, so if I run across any more information, I'll post it.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']
*Violence in game is to be Over-the-top and non-realistic = funny
*Example: Pair of long Daggers~lift guy up with them and remove legs, knock opponent into air and remove all four limbs, and excising an opponent's spine.[/QUOTE]
Sounds hilarious!

Why is this Nintendo Power issue sounding like its the best issue ever? We got MadWorld stuffs, mega Man 9, mystery epic game teaser... Christ.

[quote name='EXStrike']Why is this Nintendo Power issue sounding like its the best issue ever? We got MadWorld stuffs, mega Man 9, mystery epic game teaser... Christ.[/quote]

Also, for anyone who isn't picking this issue up, the Nintendo Power Sweepstakes is for (Grand Prize) Classic Controller, 2000 Wii Points, and five Wii and five Ds titles from the "Best of the Best Feature." (First Prize) 10 others will get a Classic controller and 2000 wii points.

Send a postcard with your full name, mailing address, phone number and email address to

Nintendo Power Sweepstakes V. 231
c/o Future US
1000 Marina Blvd., STE 510
Brisbane, CA 94005

Also the duck hunt lamp featured is great. Look at it: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=243620.0

bread's done
Back