Play 360 on VGA monitor

pinkkirby

CAGiversary!
Anyone has comment about doing so? I have a 32" HD tV but it's not in my room, so i figured I want to play it using my comp monitor. But after some research online i foubt out if you have regular 4:3 LCD it would display in letterbox (trim top and bottom off)?

BTW - Not sure if any CAG is following other tech deals. Dell small business has a hot deal for their 2405 LCD monitor (24" LCD, got component/S video , composite input) on sale through exclusive one time use coupon by e-mail. So what's my point? I figured I would buy this monitor for comp use and also play my 360... but up till now decided I don't want to spend 670 dollars at once. I got my coupon through my company. (we buy stuff from dell)

Anyhow, this coupon is hot and if you know what I am talking about, this is the lowest ever for their 2405 model. Instead of posting giving this out on fatwallet I guess I want to see if any CAG wants it first and I chose 360 forum since it's the closest system to "look good" and 360 has native VGA display.

So, let me know if someone need the coupon, you'll receive a PM. How hot is this coupon? On fatwallet either you can beg in their "one time use coupon forum" ... or they tell you to buy one off ebay which normally cost 15 dollars just for the coupon.

How does the deal work?

Dell 2405 = 999 bux - 30% off coupon - 60$ (another stackable coupon easily obtained, not one time use) = 630. Shipping is free and depends on your state you might have to pay tax. For me it was 670 dollars shipped.

Yes it's still a lot of money but for ppl who know what I am talking about... this is a steal. (consider gateway 21" crappier monitor would cost 500 some dollars)

Anyhow, only one coupon and it expires tonight.

$60 stackable coupon has already expired.

And yes, this monitor ROCKS (and is a DREAM to use with the 360)...If you can get this for anything less than $700, you HAVE to jump on it.

[quote name='toper']$60 stackable coupon has already expired.

[/QUOTE]

Nah it still works. Just checked it 1:21 PM central time. I am pretty sure if either coupon is going to expire, the exclusive one would be first (tonight).

QGDMZLXC75HZMK is for the 60 dollar off 500$ purchase for anyone.

[quote name='pinkkirby']Nah it still works. Just checked it 1:21 PM central time. I am pretty sure if either coupon is going to expire, the exclusive one would be first (tonight).

QGDMZLXC75HZMK is for the 60 dollar off 500$ purchase for anyone.[/QUOTE]

My bad...someone on FW said it expired already, but it was later verified to still work. Carry on.

[quote name='toper']My bad...someone on FW said it expired already, but it was later verified to still work. Carry on.[/QUOTE]

Ha.. np.. if this is at FW I would have gotten PM all over. I guess CAGs are more money aware and blow $670 on a computer LCD is still a big budget :)

OH well, I am gonna hold this coupon til later tonight if no Cag request this I will donate it to FW.

I am sure there has to be a CAG using this monitor to run the 360 already... just curious how it performs... If I have 670$ to blow I would have jumped on this myself.

Currently I am using a 17" 4:3 monitor and I wonder if the MS VGA cable still works well for it?

[quote name='pinkkirby']Ha.. np.. if this is at FW I would have gotten PM all over. I guess CAGs are more money aware and blow $670 on a computer LCD is still a big budget :)

OH well, I am gonna hold this coupon til later tonight if no Cag request this I will donate it to FW.

I am sure there has to be a CAG using this monitor to run the 360 already... just curious how it performs... If I have 670$ to blow I would have jumped on this myself.

Currently I am using a 17" 4:3 monitor and I wonder if the MS VGA cable still works well for it?[/QUOTE]

LOL, no kidding about FW...the beg list for this coupon is about 10 pages long!

Anyways, I'm using this monitor for my 360, and it is awesome. The HD connections actually look better to me than using VGA. It looks even better than the Samsung displays (which I like) that are used for the 360 kiosks, and those will run you $900+.

If you have the means, and you want a setup for both your computer and console, you CANNOT go wrong with this display. If you want, I can try to post some pics later this week.

Take Care,

Toper

I wouldnt pay that much for a monitor but im sure it looks great. My pc monitor in my room is only 19' and only has dvi/vga. I was actually thinking of getting a vga cable to experiment with it to see how it looks.....Should look better than a 360 tv using svideo?

I dont have an hd tv yet...

I was using S-Video on a normal TV and I decided to try the VGA cable on my CRT 17' monitor. Looks outstanding, highly recommend it. Though yes it does display in letterbox in most games, but it doesn't bother me.

bread's done
Back