Play and charge kit battery pack?

orbit18

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
My battery pack from the play and charge kit that I bought a while ago is pretty much dead. It doesn't hold a charge or anything. Should I just throw the pack away or is there some secret use to it that I don't know about? :drool:

Are you certain it's the battery? Do other batteries charge with the kit?

I determined that my controller has stopped working with the PnC kit, but thought it was the battery. I ended up buying the quick charge kit and found that a couple batteries I was about to write off as dead were really just fine.

Try this, it works for my gimp battery pack.

Power up your xbox.
Plug the charge kit into your xbox and into the controller with the gimp battery back.

Turn off your xbox, but don't unplug it. The power brick should be yellow...at this point, the light on the charge kit adapter should light up red as if it were charging.

If that doesn't work, then your battery is probably gimped...otherwise it should take a charge and charge up to full when it's done.

I guess you have tried pressing the home button after charging your controller with the charge kit to see if it has 4 bars of battery? If it does have 4 bars then it's probably the battery pack (unless you wanna go as far as to test the pack on a different controller as well to eliminate all other possibilities). But to answer your question.. no, there is no secret reason to keep it that I know of.

I've thought my battery was dead several times, but you can do things to get it to hold a charge again. Try charging the battery in a different controller if you have one. Try cleaning the gold connectors on the battery, there can be a lot of buildup on there. Try shaking the battery pack a bit, I don't know if that really does anything, but I like to think it does. And finally, try keeping it plugged in and charging often while you play. Sometimes they just need some tender care and love.

I've been on the same battery pack for the past 2.5 years.

M$ just can't make reliable hardware, or software, can they?

I've gone through 2 of these and have just given up and used rechargable batteries.

[quote name='2DMention']M$ just can't make reliable hardware, or software, can they?

I've gone through 2 of these and have just given up and used rechargable batteries.[/QUOTE]

I have used the same controller / play & charge kit since I got my xbox, a few months after launch.

bread's done
Back