Play-Asia - BlazBlue CS:E (PS3) for $18.42, Ar Tonelico 3 for $21.92, some others

JoJoBlue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I usually don't post these, but the BlazBlue series is one of my favorite 2-D fighting games in the current gen systems. Since I'm posting this, I decided I might as well add the other deals in case anyone is interested. A bit late, but this week's deals at Play-Asia are:
BlazBlue Continuum Shift: Extend (PS3) - $18.40USD
Cross Edge (PS3)
- $23.90USD
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
(PS3) - $21.90USD
Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition
(PS3) - $23.90USD
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 (Xbox360) (EU) - $20.90USD
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (PS3) - $23.90USD
Transformers: War for Cybertron (PS3) - $18.90USD

I think these sales end at midnight on Tuesday. There should be free shipping for purchases between $25-200. Not sure if it's just for August or if it's permanent now.

Anyway, if anyone has played any of these games other than BlazBlue and can chime in on which ones are worth getting, that'd be appreciated. I'd particularly like to hear about Cross Edge and Ar tonelico as I'm thinking of getting one of them with BlazBlue to get free shipping.

Here's a little bit about BlazBlue for those that don't know it. It's a 2D fighting series created by Aksys, the same people that made Guilty Gear. What I like most about BlazBlue is that even if you're not particularly competitive, you can still enjoy it since it has a great story-line and characters as well as many offline modes.

Combat is fast-paced and fluid, and can become very technical at high levels. Although I think it's much easier and more accessible to casual players than games like Guilty Gear. Also, every character is completely different to play down to the basic moves.

In terms of graphics, it has nice, anime-style characters and very detailed backgrounds. The few animated scenes look a bit amateurish though. The soundtrack is enjoyable, including a few J-pop type songs. There is voice acting available in both English and Japanese. I personally like the English voice acting over the Japanese one for this game. It's really done quite well and gives each character life.

As for the games in the series, there are really only 2. Everything else is a variation of them. First is BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. Second is BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. Both should be available on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PS3. Extend is an update to Continuum Shift, so it has all the content from Continuum Shift and more. Major differences come in the form or character re-balancing. I've heard it also has the story-line from Calamity Trigger, so maybe you really only need this one game if you're just getting into the series.

Isn't Gran Turismo cheaper MSRP here in North America?

I loved the first 2 Ar Tonelico but the third is full of gimmicks, including Sixaxis controls... in a JRPG.

Reviews seemed to agree that Cross Edge is a poor SRPG, but I've been meaning to get it anyway. Might just bite. However last time I got something from Play-Asia, I was hit with a 6.xx$ import fee by Canada Post, which I had to pay at the door in exact change.

I like Ar Tonelico Qoga: knell of Ar Ciel, some pretty dialogue... I remember playing the first one and liking the third one better (Skipped the second game).

I'm wondering whether this one they're selling come with the soundtrack and artbook.

They have Asura's Wrath 360 for 24.92. 8c shy of free shipping, figures. Best price I've seen that game at.

[quote name='Braxis']wouldn't shipping price make it regular price anyways?[/QUOTE]

I added screen protectors for my shiny new (well matte finish) 3DS XL to the order.

Thanks OP for leading me to the site

I also missed out on the BlazBlue sale =(

Oh well, maybe its a sign I should just wait for the new version (Cronoplasma or whatever its called)

[quote name='JoJoBlue'] It's a 2D fighting series created by Aksys, the same people that made Guilty Gear. [/QUOTE]

Arc System Works.

As for the games in the series, there are really only 2.

There's a new one now. Chrono Phantasma was just announced earlier this month.

Extend is an update to Continuum Shift, so it has all the content from Continuum Shift and more. Major differences come in the form or character re-balancing. I've heard it also has the story-line from Calamity Trigger, so maybe you really only need this one game if you're just getting into the series.

It's actually an update to Continuum Shift II, an arcade revision ported to consoles for free.

Also Amazon Warehouse US used to have damaged box Extend limited editions for $21.xx for PS3 but they seemed to have cleared out. Mine was squashed a bit but was still sealed. I'd probably wait for Chrono though had I not bought Extend since Persona 4 Arena is taking the spotlight for the time being.

Saw this list last Tuesday when it first went up, and if Chrono Phantasmjlkawejfw-whatthefuckeverthenameitisthistime wasn't announced not too long ago, I would have grabbed this.

bread's done
Back