Play-Asia & CAG Charity Raffle for Child’s Play Winners Announced: $10,485 Raised!

I tossed in $15 my first visit, and another $15 on my second. Gotta stop for now, as I kinda need the eBay proceeds to pay rent until my next educational stipend comes in...

$10 from me. I've been raping some people on eBay, got some extra Paypal. I plan on doing some more raping this week, so I'll donate some more.

[quote name='CheapyD'] Current: $5,430 [updated 12/12 7:40 pm est][/quote]

Perhaps 7k was a bit on the light side. Let's try for 8, shall we?

[quote name='CheapyD'] Current: $5,430 [updated 12/12 7:40 pm est][/quote]

Wow quite a Jump, Looks like they'll get the 500k they were hoping for and CAG gets 5k, truely awesome!

Kjauburn has donated the following runner up prizes:
  1. New Sealed Gears of War Collector's Edition
  2. Matted Print of Chakan the Forever Man by the creator Robert Kraus. With the matting its 8 X 10 and Robert has done a original chalk drawing along the bottom of the matting.
Thanks!

Really nice & congratulations on passing the 5k mark already Fellow Cag's , I still have at least 1 or more donation to make , but I hope to donate my last time after I get off my plane back home from Ny in a few days.

Got this thrown on Destructoid in case Cheapy forgets, since as we know from the prizes for the Cagcast, he can do sometimes. I hope to see this his $10,000

So, it looks like there is a 1 in a little over 1000 chance of winning this raffel currently. That seems like pretty good odds to me compared to most contests. That, and the runner up prizes is now making me donate more.

Great idea and great cause. I just dropped my $20. It would be nice to win something, but since I doubt I will I feel good for donating some money for once.

[quote name='foltzie']Currently overall odds of 1 in 100 of winning any of the prizes. Not a bad deal. Donate away and skew the odds more![/quote]

You probablyy use this rational to continue playing the lottery too, don't you?

With 10 prizes, your odds are not approximately 1:100.

Let me explain further. The odds of winning the first prize (with 1000 entrants) would be 1 in 1000. Assuming that no one entry can win twice, the second prize would be 1 in 999. The third would be 1 in 998...etc.

The way that you state this (as 1:100), is not accurate. But that's okay, I plan on getting my donation in soon to help skew those odds.

TBW

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']You probablyy use this rational to continue playing the lottery too, don't you?

Let me explain further. The odds of winning the first prize (with 1000 entrants) would be 1 in 1000. Assuming that no one entry can win twice, the second prize would be 1 in 999. The third would be 1 in 998...etc.

The way that you state this (as 1:100), is not accurate. But that's okay, I plan on getting my donation in soon to help skew those odds.

TBW[/QUOTE]If you add those odds up (1:1000 + 1:999 + ...), isn't it approximately 1:100? I haven't done math in a while.

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']You probablyy use this rational to continue playing the lottery too, don't you?

TBW[/QUOTE]

fool, we want people to think they have better odds of winning

[quote name='CheapyD'] Current: $6,360 [updated 12/14 2:35 am est][/quote]Wow! awesome. Cheapy you must be really happy about how this is going. I guess the commuinty isn't that cheap after all.

OK--I'm in. I saw how much the other cheap-asses had gotten together, and decided to get off my own cheap ass and pony up.

One thing to think about guys--remember, it's nice to have the prizes around, but it's really not about all of that. It's about the cause. If you want to buy a lottery ticket and get rich, buy a lottery ticket. If you want to help a sick kid have a little fun, send Cheapie a few bucks.

This isn't an analytical decision, it's an emotional appeal. Dig deep--remember what the holiday season is all about. Pitch in a couple of bucks.

[quote name='MassiveDuck']Ok, so I entered. Will you do the drawing with the email address used to pay?[/quote]Yes.

I just finished up playing some Rainbow Six with the Penny Arcade crew.
I mentioned that we had a check for them for between $7,000-$10,000 and the response was, "Holy Shit!".

Entered. With all the money this site has saved me I figure it's only right to donate. And of course it's for a good cause.

Sent in $5. I felt pretty cheap about it, but I'm a college kid who's about to be unemployed for the next 3 weeks.

Something's better than nothing though.

bread's done
Back