Play-Asia.com's new Canadian prices suck

Siggy Stardust HD

CAGiversary!
I haven't been to Play-Asia.com since a month or two but I decided to check some items out today and I noticed they changed the Canadian prices of all their items. Compared to the US prices the Canadian prices are almost $10-12 more per item and I did not notice this before when I shopped there a few months ago. Has our dollar gone that bad or has Play-Asia decided to f**k with us Canadians? I have bought so much itmes from them this year but now I'm not going to be shopping there unless there's a deal that's too good to be true.

You could always just pay in USD.

The current exchange rate is

1 CAD = 0.862559 USD

Keep in mind using a CC or exchanging money will result in at least a 2% loss (usually 2-5%).
So you'd be getting 1 CAD = 0.842559 USD at most.

That's really disappointing... is shipping a lot cheaper or something?

I really hope we're not paying extra "north of the border" tax -_- I mean our dollar is...

86 cents!?

What the fuck, stupid Canada -_-

Play-asia was already a rip off because you had to pay brokage fees but this is even worst. Too bad they are pretty much your only choice for imports.

I've only had to pay customs tax twice out of the 20 something packages I've gotten from them.

Their prices are decent, more so once you use a $5 or $10 off coupon.

Edit: Well we're boned

1 CAD = 0.858169 USD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='afterburn999']Play-asia was already a rip off because you had to pay brokage fees but this is even worst. Too bad they are pretty much your only choice for imports.[/QUOTE]

Never had issues with Play Asia while in the States, so I can't comment on the brokerage fees, but I've heard Yes Asia is decent. If I was incredibly worried about customs taking a big chunk of change, I might have it sent to someone I know in the States first, then forward it to me gifting it, etc.

bread's done
Back