Play Asia - Credit Card Issues

RoadDogg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Does anyone else have problems ordering from Play Asia? I have bought plenty of stuff from them in the past, but now whwnever I try to order I always get the following error:

"Your credit card could not be verified. Please check details or try a different card."

I get an email asking me to confirm my payment, which I do, but it just kicks out the same error again. The site never had an issue with my credit card in the past, so I can't really figure out what is going on. I wish they had a phone number to call...

I'm trying to buy this if anyone can find it else where (trustworthy) for close to the same price. Amazon has a seller but they are almost double the price...

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-6m-49-en-70-3nu3.html

This same thing happened to me a few months ago. My credit card bank flagged the Play Asia transaction as fraud for some reason. I called the bank and told them it was a legitimate charge. Then I retried the payment and everything worked fine.

[quote name='ecwfan']This same thing happened to me a few months ago. My credit card bank flagged the Play Asia transaction as fraud for some reason. I called the bank and told them it was a legitimate charge. Then I retried the payment and everything worked fine.[/QUOTE]

Same thing's happened to me before too.

Hmm, guess I will call the bank later today and see. Thanks for the info. Kind of weird that the bank didn't call me asking if it was legit.

I had the same trouble when I first tried to order from PlayAsia a few years ago. Bank flagged it as fraud (random charge from Hong Kong is kind of suspicious =P), tried working it out with the bank, but... sadly, kept having problems for whatever reasons. Probably issues between a chair and a keyboard with my bank. >.>

... I finally just used Paypal.

Anyway, as long as your bank as capable employees, it should hopefully be an easy issue to fix.

Called the bank and they let the site through on my account. Placed my order without issue 2 minutes after I hung up. It was flagged for being in Hong Kong and the name "Play Asia" apparently set of the filter for gambling as well. Glad my bank is filtering out fraudulent charges, but it would be nice if they called to let me know...

Not with Play Asia, but it's happened enough to make it very annoying when they deny a transaction and don't let you know about it. I appreciate they are looking out for fraud, but it's really dumb they expect you to figure out something went wrong.

Give me a heads up if you want to be helpful. Worse is when they are from places you have a long history of buying from.

Play Asia is one site that didn't win me over due to my first transaction. I ordered Siren for PS3 and a month later I sent them an email asking where my order was and received no response for that e-mail or the four others that followed. I filed a chargeback and won of course but to date I have yet to revisit their site.

Most other CAGs like them, I'm sure there's a reason for that; unfortunately I'm not in that boat.

bread's done
Back