Play-Asia: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (Bluray Japan Version)

wowzors

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Not the best deal, but if you want the Bluray edition of the game and for a decent price you can head over to play asia and add it to cart (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-2bns-4-6.html) along with some candy (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7u-49-en-70-1rr6-4-6.html) to make it $50 then use cupon code RE-XMA-SAA.

Offer works even better with the $8 off $50 or more from their Christmas Email. I know this is not the best, but its better then $60 on ebay.

*with shipping for me it ended up being $50.09 or $47.09 with chirstmas code.

Whoo! $50 for 5 courses and 37 cars? That's WAAAAAAY better than the $50 I spent for 51 courses and over 700 cars for Gran Turismo 4!

only 37. That's more than a lot of racing games.

I ordered it with a similar code from yesasia, they do free shipping. Its under $50 shipped there as well, but my order status went from 'processing' to 'searching from suppliers' so it may not be the fastest place :/

I have no doubt that I'll get my $50 worth out of it though, I'm a GT nut. I've already sunk hours into the Prologue demo.

[quote name='Karuto']Whoo! $50 for 5 courses and 37 cars? That's WAAAAAAY better than the $50 I spent for 51 courses and over 700 cars for Gran Turismo 4![/quote]
I said its not the greatest deal, but some people actually enjoy GT enough to buy this, me being one of them, this is my first topic to the website, and this game seemd like one that cant easily be obtained due to its japanese orgins.

With that being said, this is the best deal for the disc retail version of the game you can find.

Yes, but you can just get GT4. The game has been the same exact game since, what, Gran Turismo 4? I enjoy the games too, but nothing changes. I mean, the best you get is more detail, but even Forza Motorsport offers damage physics. I guess I just don't understand why you'd pick up the Prologue when you could just get 4 for under $20. I mean, GT5 Prologue doesn't even run in 1080P -- it's just upconverted.

I'll just wait until it gets here in February and I'll rent it.

[quote name='Karuto']Yes, but you can just get GT4 and upconvert. The game has been the same exact title since, what, Gran Turismo 4? I enjoy the games too, but nothing changes. I mean, the best you get is more detail, but even Forza Motorsport offers damage physics. I guess I just don't understand why you'd pick up the Prologue when you could just get 4 for under $20. I mean, GT5 Prologue doesn't even run in 1080P -- it's just upconverted.

I'll just wait until it gets here in February and I'll rent it.[/quote]

I have a PS3, and if you seriously think GT4 upscaled looks like the GT5: Prologue demo, then you must have vasoline on your glasses.

The HDR lighting, online play, GT TV, and other crap will make GT5 the next true GT. The gameplay is essentially the same as GT for PS1.

If you go into this expecting a full retail game, you may be dissapointed. If you go in expecting a big-ass demo, you will probably be pretty happy.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm totally looking forward to Gran Turismo 5, but the Prologue? Honestly, it's overpriced garbage, hate to be blunt. Even if it does offer online mode, I'd rather hold off. The worse part besides it being $60 here is that you will have to spend even more money to buy extra cars and tracks later on. Sure, I'll admit, 37 cars isn't necessarily small, but for what it's offering, I think $30 max would be best.

37 highly detailed cars is pretty darn good. I think you'd be dreaming if you think you'd see 700 done to this degree any time soon. My worry is the lack of tracks. Real GT fans on the other hand will love this I think.

I guess it is better for you Karuto to wait. I think this falls under a 1st gen game for the PS3, but 1080p isn't going to happen for a long while.

[quote name='seanmcc']only 37. That's more than a lot of racing games.

I ordered it with a similar code from yesasia, they do free shipping. Its under $50 shipped there as well, but my order status went from 'processing' to 'searching from suppliers' so it may not be the fastest place :/

I have no doubt that I'll get my $50 worth out of it though, I'm a GT nut. I've already sunk hours into the Prologue demo.[/quote]

A lot of you are missing the "5 courses" part. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather have more courses than more cars.

[quote name='blitz6speed']This game is NATIVE 1080p60 for in game and 1080p30 for replay.[/quote]
Source: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1078611#post1078611

If you read through a few pages, it's actually pretty reliable. I mean, these guys know their stuff, and after cutting apart the demo, it very well might be the case. I'm not really upset or anything about it, because it doesn't really influence my decision. My HDTV only goes up to 1080i, after all. I just don't like the pricetag. Of course, they didn't release the GT4 Prologue here, so I guess it doesn't really matter. I'll just stick with the demo for now.

I agree with vicious7171. The point is not the 37 cars, but the 5 tracks. I really enjoyed GT3 and 4, but they had much more variety. If you build a franchise that is known for a huge amount of cars and tracks, and then suddenly cut that down to a small fraction of that amount, but charge the same price, if not more, then that sets a really bad precedent.

All of you idiots paying $50+ for a fucking demo are setting a VERY bad precedent for the future. Hope you won't miss free demos...

[quote name='mietha']All of you idiots paying $50+ for a fucking demo are setting a VERY bad precedent for the future. Hope you won't miss free demos...[/quote]

It is just history repeating itself.

256px-Gran_turismo_4_prologue_pack.png

Well, there will always be idiots paying top dollar for these "demos". GT3 did the same thing as well.

NO SIMULATION MODE...Just arcade and online...on 5 tracks...

Who am I kidding, when they localize it, I'll prob get a copy too :/

Don't care, got one, thnx for the code. Then while we are enjoying playing you guys can play your old racing games for christmas. :applause:

I'll be playing Forza 2, a simulation that is actually realistic, costs $20 less, over 8x more cars, and 3x more tracks all in high-def. :)

Yeah, but GT5 support G25 wheel with 900 degree wheel, H shifter and clutch. You can only play Forza2 with MS's crapy wheel.

Both Forza2 and GT5 has their own problem in their physic engines.

Neither Forza or GT compare to physics of PC car sims.
Doesn't matter.

Prologue is for hardcore GT fans who want a taste of GT5 and some online play.

[quote name='dallow']Prologue is for hardcore GT fans who want a taste of GT5 and some online play.[/quote]

Right, if you love GT then this is basically a fan service for you. Since it isn't going to be out in time, they are offering a part of it now just like they did with GT4:p.

Those waiting for a local copy of this might need to take note that it may never be offered in the US region.

Boy, I wanted to quote about 5 people in this thread and let them have it for threadcrappingly negative comments. But in a world where everyone has to have a ribbon and be a winner, I guess they can sit back and complain all they want. Makes the world a better place right? Hmmmpf.

As for me, I have a Xbox 360, I have a Playstation 3, and I have GT1-4, Forza 1 & 2, PGR 1- 4, F1 for the PS3, and MANY others. My take is if you want to play a game, and you have pay for it... get it at the best price you can. Seems to be the OP thoughts, and I can only hope others will thank him for trying to help his fellow gamer. Seems like the reason this web site was invented.

I personally did order a Dual Shock 3 in white and Prologue on Friday. Used the $100 coupon to make things a little cheaper, and know I'll get a lot of enjoyment out of both. And then the multiplayer download is available as an add-on on Christmas, so I'll be able to race against others. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Well, I've wasted enough space. I'm sure there are those that will poo-poo this post just for the sake of doing that. But why they don't go find something more helpful to do, or a game to enjoy... it really blows my mind.

[quote name='Karuto']I'll be playing Forza 2, a simulation that is actually realistic, costs $20 less, over 8x more cars, and 3x more tracks all in high-def. :)[/quote]

spoken like a true fanboy. You know why? Cuz if you had no interest, you would have just ignored the thread instead of posting that

I came into this topic looking for asshole fanboys, and sure enough found them. Seriously if you have no interest in the topic why click on it, and make a stupid fucking comment?

[quote name='ychanus']Yeah, but GT5 support G25 wheel with 900 degree wheel, H shifter and clutch.
[/quote]Yeah that is the reason i'm getting this!

I own a PS3 and 360. I'm a fanboy of racing sims. I just can't justify the price of Prologue when GT5 should be right around the corner. But whatever. I'll leave this thread the fuck alone.

Well the way I look at it is that if they want it that bad, they will buy it as well as collectors of other japan GT exclusives which in the past were pretty much demos (remember the GT3 concept releases for PS2?).

[quote name='Karuto']I own a PS3 and 360. I'm a fanboy of racing sims. I just can't justify the price of Prologue when GT5 should be right around the corner. But whatever. I'll leave this thread the fuck alone.[/quote]

Well, then that's understandable. Prologue is for the hardcore of all hardcore GT fans.

It's definitely not for everyone, so there's no point to whine and bitch about its price

[quote name='vicious7171']A lot of you are missing the "5 courses" part. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather have more courses than more cars.[/quote] True, but it's still a demo.

The Daytona track has a loop and a circuit track, so It's like 6 tracks at 5 locations.

Mirror those and its 12 track layouts to race. Not bad for a demo :p

They tried to get it out by the end of this year and they saw it wasn't going to happen. Some people would rather wait for the total package, but they are offering a decent amount of content now for those who want a taste now.

[quote name='Karuto']I own a PS3 and 360. I'm a fanboy of racing sims. I just can't justify the price of Prologue when GT5 should be right around the corner. But whatever. I'll leave this thread the fuck alone.[/quote]If you like racing sims you should get yourself a good wheel.

I really wish MS would also support the good wheels so forza could be in the same league as GT and other ps3/PC driving sims.

Also GT5P will be updated a lot before GT5 is released. ;)

^^ I hear ya, brother. There are a few really good racing sims on the PC (TOCA is big for me), but something about the consoles really draws me in. I guess it's the fact that it doesn't cost as much to upgrade your computer as it is just to grab a PS3 or a 360 and know that the game will run fine. They need to get some good racing wheels out! Perhaps if they start bringing out more Universal ones (USB and all), things would be looking a lot better.

Guys, sorry if I sounded like a dick, but I had to get it off my chest. I've been reading about GT5P for months, and I just got sick and tired of it. I need the big game, not the tiny iterations of what would be a big game. That's all!

Finally got my copy from PA took 10 days (holidays of course) but well worth the $50 and well worth the wait. I have a DFP and the on my 57" in HD in dash view is better than any game out there and I have played them all. FF is spot on and awesome when rubbing (uhmm, I mean racing). Thanks again for the thread, I probably would have waited until March, but I am glad I didn't and now the online is working too, yehhhhhh baby.:applause:

man, let these people spend their money the way they want to....these people will be the first ones who get those super high rankings online more than likely!

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Well, there will always be idiots paying top dollar for these "demos". GT3 did the same thing as well.

NO SIMULATION MODE...Just arcade and online...on 5 tracks...

Who am I kidding, when they localize it, I'll prob get a copy too :/[/quote]
Not true.

Yes, there is an Arcade mode where you can race any car that you own on any of the 5 tracks.

There is also an event mode which consists of 4 levels of races, C, B, A and S, with 8 races per level. Various cars are needed specifically for various races, others races can be done with any car you have.

There are also single make races available at the dealerships for one car that every dealer offers. All in all, there has to be over 50 races to compete in, although I haven't actually counted. You'll also be running some races multiple times to make extra cash to buy new cars.

There's quite a lot of content here for a "demo" but certainly it's not for everyone. There's also a lot of BS that still plagues the game like mediocre physic, poor AI and no damage but that doesn't mean there isn't a little fun to be had, especially with the G25.

[quote name='merkman']Boy, I wanted to quote about 5 people in this thread and let them have it for threadcrappingly negative comments. But in a world where everyone has to have a ribbon and be a winner, I guess they can sit back and complain all they want. Makes the world a better place right? Hmmmpf.

As for me, I have a Xbox 360, I have a Playstation 3, and I have GT1-4, Forza 1 & 2, PGR 1- 4, F1 for the PS3, and MANY others. My take is if you want to play a game, and you have pay for it... get it at the best price you can. Seems to be the OP thoughts, and I can only hope others will thank him for trying to help his fellow gamer. Seems like the reason this web site was invented.

I personally did order a Dual Shock 3 in white and Prologue on Friday. Used the $100 coupon to make things a little cheaper, and know I'll get a lot of enjoyment out of both. And then the multiplayer download is available as an add-on on Christmas, so I'll be able to race against others. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Well, I've wasted enough space. I'm sure there are those that will poo-poo this post just for the sake of doing that. But why they don't go find something more helpful to do, or a game to enjoy... it really blows my mind.[/quote]

Thank you.

I am a PS360 owner too, although I own both systems and do not discriminate, I get chastisized for paying so much for video games. My friend even commented, "What a f'ing waste of money!"

Just buy the what you want, just don't get ripped off doing so. Pay, play, and enjoy.

Stupid fanboyism.

[quote name='Karuto']I'll be playing Forza 2, a simulation that is actually realistic, costs $20 less, over 8x more cars, and 3x more tracks all in high-def. :)[/quote]

this explains why you're hating on it so much, stupid xbot fanboy.

bread's done
Back