Play-Asia Weekly Special: Nodame Cantabile (DS) - $14.90

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-15-Nodame-70-1v6m.html

It's a nice price for an okay rhythm game. I played through the game some time ago, and my thoughts echo GameBrink's review. The main part of the game is a simplified Ouendan/EBA that only gets difficult when the game introduces the line markers. All of the music tracks are from the classical genre. There are a few mini-games, but really, only the simplified Taiko no Tatsujin portions fit well with the main game and are a joy to play through. The rest of the mini-games, especially the platforming mini-game, just feel out of place in a rhythm game.

You can also get through most of the game in a few hours, but at $14.90 (+shipping), you should be able to get your money's worth. If you love Classical music, or the Nodame Cantabile anime/drama/manga, then the game is worth picking up.

Yeah I saw both live action and anime. Both funny. I hear there's a live action special coming in 08. Dont know when that airs though.

Never seen the anime or live action show, but I love Rhythm games, and I've got nothing against classical music...so I bought it. Thanks a lot for the heads up!

I have a flash cart and could easily download this for free, but I just seem to ENJOY games more when they are legit. I put a ton of games on there, tested a couple out, and wound up buying half of the ones I put on there in the meantime!

Just bought this. Wanted to give a bump to anyone who maybe didn't see this yet, and include a few links.

Here you can try a flash version of one song to see how the game works.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=g53ot2cwMBM[/media]

And this is a video of the game in action.

I just got this in. I played it for abour 30 minutes right off the bat. I don't understand anything that's going on but the gameplay is simple. It's essentially Taiko Drum Master for the drum parts and there's another part with the musical notes that's sort of like a rhythmatic missile command. So far it's been pretty fun. Definitely think that I'll get my 15 dollars worth.

bread's done
Back