Play N Trade ???

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Just wondering if anyone has shopped at these stores before and if they are any better than Gamestop with used prices and trade in values.

Thanks

The best thing about Play n Trade is that they carry old plastic (classic games). They are the only major chain or franchise that still caters to the classic game player/collector. Some of the used prices can be a little steep though, like $15 for a used copy of SMB3.

I recently picked up a used Dreamcast (with the original box) for $20 there.

[quote name='n8r0n']The best thing about Play n Trade is that they carry old plastic (classic games). They are the only major chain or franchise that still caters to the classic game player/collector. Some of the used prices can be a little steep though, like $15 for a used copy of SMB3.

I recently picked up a used Dreamcast (with the original box) for $20 there.[/quote]

so they would take in stuff like Psone games then for trade?

[quote name='Derrick1979']so they would take in stuff like Psone games then for trade?[/quote]

Yes. Not sure how much you could get for it though...

I've found trade in prices to be better that GS, especially for accessories.

There will be lots of YMMV deals since PnT is franchise based. I have 2 "owners" of stores in my area and one owner has constant B2G1 deals and the other doesn't.

I would suggest checking them out. It wouldn't hurt anybody (except GS). :)

Well I called the one that is close to me (26miles ;) ) and for giggles I asled how much they give for FF Chronicles (PSone) and he said $5. Well thats crap but at least they still take older stuff.

26 miles one way is a bit far to me so I wont be checking out that store unless they open one closer.

PNTs are usually pretty good, as they tend to carry cheap guides and plenty of older games. However, though they do give you a free 10% off card, I've found that their prices aren't much better than GS.

bread's done
Back