Play 'N Trade

scourdx

CAGiversary!
Anyone heard of Play N Trade? It is another videogame chain store in US. Recently I discover there are few store in Canada. There is one in Richmond. Some of their used games are $5-10 cheaper than EB. It is worth checking out if the store does exist near your location. They do have 10% discount like EB, but you have to pay $10 for membership.

I have one nearby but I never went there becuase the kid in the commercial looked really dumb smiling and giving me a thumbs up :roll:

I have one about 20 minutes or so away from me but they have a small selection and give crappy prices on trade ins and don't offer the deals that gamestop or hastings. Plus their prices aren't good either.

One 'recently' opened near Dundas and McCaul in downtown Toronto. They had an okay selection of last generation titles, but their prices were EBgames-ish at best. A very corporate 'sterile' feel to the store as well.

[quote name='Sillyfire']i'll stick with gamerama.[/QUOTE]

Gamerama.. another over priced place, with a decent selection. Customer Service leaves something to be desired as well. :bomb:

Is that the place in the little mall with the TD Bank at Yonge and Bloor? I love them, their used prices are generally excellent.

[quote name='djsaiyan']Is that the place in the little mall with the TD Bank at Yonge and Bloor? I love them, their used prices are generally excellent.[/QUOTE]

Nope, that is Game Centre. That is an awesome place. Great people and they sometimes break street dates for highly anticipated games. I remember getting Killzone 2 a few days early and UFC a week early. PS3 stock is a little lacking though...

In terms of Play N Trade, I've been wanting to ask this for awhile, but I always forget them. Don't know anything about them so I thought who better to ask about the store than CAGs, though apparently the CAGs don't know much about this place at all. Pass by it enough, though never thought to go in.

A friend of mine used to work at the Toronto Play n Trade, but she got let go for absolutely no reason, so I refuse to go in there.

From the sounds of it it doesn't look like they're doing too well financially. Everyone keep your eyes out for a going out of business sale :lol:

[quote name='EvilMario']Gamerama.. another over priced place, with a decent selection. Customer Service leaves something to be desired as well. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

i'm cool with the guys there so the service is fine in my opinion.
also they have a marvel vs. capcom 2 arcade machine which is seriously badass.

[quote name='djsaiyan']A friend of mine used to work at the Toronto Play n Trade, but she got let go for absolutely no reason, so I refuse to go in there.

From the sounds of it it doesn't look like they're doing too well financially. Everyone keep your eyes out for a going out of business sale :lol:[/QUOTE]

where is the toronto one? i'd like to check it out.

bread's done
Back