Play Uncharted 3 at select AMC theatres (NY, LA, SF, DC, Dallas) and get early copy

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: The event is now over, I hope those that attended enjoyed themselves! If you haven't received a confirmation email, send your inquiries to: [email protected]

I wasn't sure if this is the right section but it's sort of a cool deal for those in the qualifying area. Naughty Dog has partnered with AMC theatres to have an event from Oct 18th - 20th where you can play Uncharted 3 in select theaters in 3D, and win prizes from Sony, and much more.

The general admission is $25 to participate, BUT if you pay the $60 instead for the Premium pass you'll also have a copy of UC3 mailed to you early (shipped via Fed Ex on Oct. 25th). To Clarify since some below were confused: You don't have to pay $85, the $60 premium entry also includes general admission.

Pretty cool if you were planning to buy the game anyway! Odds are you'll be walking out of there with plenty of free swag :cool:

To Buy tickets online just go through one of the theater links below, OR easier go directly to the UC3 Fandango Page (linked underneath this paragraph), enter your zip and choose the date you want. Some theaters don't have purchase links up yet (like Century City for ex) so you'll either have to wait till they do, or try and get them in person. There's also a $1.50 convenience charge if buying on Fandango, but thankfully no taxes:

Buy Tickets from Fandango HERE (not all theatres go through Fandango some go through movietickets.com so click the theater links below for those)

UPDATE: The thread has now been Wikified, below you'll find a list of all the theares and showtimes. Feel free to post which one you're attending to plan any meetups or whatever. Feel free to re-organize the list structure!

MKT_1401_Uncharted_header.jpg
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D

On October 18, 19, 20, take part in a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience from PlayStation. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D is happening exclusively at select AMC Theatres. This is your chance to play one of the most highly-anticipated video game releases of the year on the big screen and in 3D before it releases. These unique events include:

• An inside look at the game from the development team at Naughty Dog
  • A multiplayer tournament
  • In-theatre gaming shown on the big screen in 3D
  • PlayStation and Sony prize giveaways all night long
Get the game before it releases with the UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass.*
Tickets are on sale now while supplies last, so get yours today!

• General Admission: $25
  • UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass: $60
Participating Theatres:

* Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

SOURCE
Who's Attending

Feel free to drop your username at the event you're going to. Add any other communication info you want in parentheses​

San Francisco
18th:
19th: MunkichioO, Oddeye
20th:

Los Angeles
18th: SecretAgentHam
19th: Metalh123, jantzn
20th:

D.C.
18th: msriflegirl, DeskLaser, phogoodness, youngnoble
19th: ajumbaje, buckythekat
20th:

NYC
18th: Serpentor, Dannya25, Blehza, Quest1962, jiggyteddy
19th: iguss
20th: Dramasetter929, randy_wrecked, pete5883

Dallas
18th: aramsey1986
19th: mkernan
20th: TommyTSquared

Last edited by a moderator:
Say! Lookit that! I can post!

I've been a lurker for the past few months, but I had to finally register and thank the OP for posting this.

I'll be attending the Dallas one on the 19th.

By the way, does anyone know how they deal with kids at these events? I couldn't find a place to purchase a kids ticket, and I'm bringing my 5 year old son.

I hope the event is going to be good. I'll be upset if its not because it will feel like I just paid $60 for a game.
I never pay $60 for any game lol

[quote name='msriflegirl']Good question (assuming you are going to Tyson's Corner). I am definitely working out of McLean on the 18th so I wont have to fight [as much] traffic to get there.[/QUOTE]

Yep I am going to that one on the 19th and will be traveling from crystal city, so I will have to fight tons of traffic, per usual haha. There isn't a metro stop that gets you within walking distance is there?

[quote name='enemyofusall']Yep I am going to that one on the 19th and will be traveling from crystal city, so I will have to fight tons of traffic, per usual haha. There isn't a metro stop that gets you within walking distance is there?[/QUOTE]

The closest stop is a little over a mile away (Dunn Loring).

For anyone interested, heard back from AMC and MovieTickets.com; there are no kid tiers for the tickets. They want to charge $25 for my five year old to attend. Kinda BS.

[quote name='HandsomeJoeFrancis']For anyone interested, heard back from AMC and MovieTickets.com; there are no kid tiers for the tickets. They want to charge $25 for my five year old to attend. Kinda BS.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but this isn't really the type of event you bring your kids to.

[quote name='msriflegirl']The closest stop is a little over a mile away (Dunn Loring).[/QUOTE]

Not too bad but I still think i'll probably drive haha. thanks though!

FYI - I went to a free screening of 50/50 at the same AMC the Uncharted stuff will be at and they gave me my Uncharted ticket already since it was on my stubs card. Not sure if the clerk was clueless or if that's what is supposed to happen, but just a heads up if that happens to anyone else.

[quote name='FadeToOne']FYI - I went to a free screening of 50/50 at the same AMC the Uncharted stuff will be at and they gave me my Uncharted ticket already since it was on my stubs card. Not sure if the clerk was clueless or if that's what is supposed to happen, but just a heads up if that happens to anyone else.[/QUOTE]

The time did change from 5PM to 6:30PM right? I am going to the Dallas one on the 20th. :eek:

[quote name='gonzalez14m']The time did change from 5PM to 6:30PM right? I am going to the Dallas one on the 20th. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Not to my knowledge.

...I take that back, the ticket does indeed say 6:30 on it. The amc site still said 5.

My group is one short for Tuesday, 10/18 at the Metreon. If anyone has a ticket and it turns out you can't go, send me a PM.

For anyone going on the 19th in Culver City and wants to win the tournament ;)
add me on psn and get the subway beta promo thing, so we can get some practice in!

psn: HellenKill3r

[quote name='pete5883']I'm gonna go with 6:30.[/QUOTE]

The way I figure, I'm going to need to get their earlier to avoid rush hour anyway.

[quote name='Serpentor']Do we know what kind of cool swags they're giving out (if any)? How about the prizes for winning the competition and such?[/QUOTE]
Not sure but it does say in the OP that they will be give prizes out all night.

Looks like the subway promo codes are in full effect now. If anyone wants a leg up on the competition, you should start playing now. I'm still not sure if I'm going... but I'm getting me a subway 32oz drink for sure.

[quote name='spauldingfan']For anyone going on the 19th in Culver City and wants to win the tournament ;)
add me on psn and get the subway beta promo thing, so we can get some practice in!

psn: HellenKill3r[/QUOTE]
will go to subway this weekend

psn jamezuva

DC/Tysons Corner Event is SOLD OUT on 18 October.

So I bought a ticket for 19 October.

Given that the MP beta is now out via Subway, I doubt I'll have the time to put in enough practice to actually have any real chance of doing well in the tournament. Oh well -- hopefully I'll win some swag in a raffle.

[quote name='Ecofreak']DC/Tysons Corner Event is SOLD OUT on 18 October.

Given that the MP beta is now out via Subway, I doubt I'll have the time to put in enough practice to actually have any real chance of doing well in the tournament. Oh well -- hopefully I'll win some swag in a raffle.[/QUOTE]

I totally forgot about that... Guess I'm going to have to start eating at Subway....

[quote name='Ecofreak']DC/Tysons Corner Event is SOLD OUT on 18 October.

Given that the MP beta is now out via Subway, I doubt I'll have the time to put in enough practice to actually have any real chance of doing well in the tournament. Oh well -- hopefully I'll win some swag in a raffle.[/QUOTE]

Nice another cag going the 19th :) If you want we can exchange psn names to practice some

[quote name='enemyofusall']Nice another cag going the 19th :) If you want we can exchange psn names to practice some[/QUOTE]

I'll try and pick up a code and start playing around later this week -- been really busy with misc stuff. Will PM you with some dates we can try to practice.

We should also contact ajumbaje since s/he will also be going on the 19th.

[quote name='etcrane']No offense, but this isn't really the type of event you bring your kids to.[/QUOTE]

Why is that? I couldn't imagine anything totally inappropriate going on, but I've never been to something like this for a game.

[quote name='HandsomeJoeFrancis']Why is that? I couldn't imagine anything totally inappropriate going on, but I've never been to something like this for a game.[/QUOTE]

It's not the level of inappropriateness, it's more that a 5 year old would probably be bored. I can understand why event organizers wouldn't have a discount for kids, simply because the tournament isn't really something a 5 year old is going to partake in and the clips might be interesting for them to watch but developer commentary would be boring for them. You could bring children but the lack of food and potentially long time for the tournament might be a risky combination.

I bought my ticket for the 20th, at SF. A tournament? Oh my, I'd really like to be in that, I'm a decent player, so it'll be fun.

Hey CAGers,
It’s my first time posting here (long time lurker), but we’re very excited to be partnering up with Playstation to take part in next month’s UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception: Play it First in 3D event at select AMC Theatres!

As you may already know, Sony Digital Cinema 4K is the projection technology behind this event, bringing you the most immersive gaming experience possible on the big screen. I’ll be at the NYC event all three days to enjoy the festivities, and would love to receive feedback from you (send me a PM if you’re attending NYC).

In the meantime, please follow Sony Digital Cinema on twitter @SonyDCinema4K for more information on Uncharted 3 in 3D, 4K technology, and industry news.

P.S. Thanks for supporting this event!

[quote name='Player707']If anyone has an extra for the 20th for October in SF let me know! They're sold out already![/QUOTE]

You might want to recheck. I still see all dates available.

Trying to get to the L.A. event and can not buy tickets. I don't believe it's sold out, but they just don't seem available on the site. Anyone with any info? I'd like to go.

Thanks!

Thinking about selling my two tickets for the LA event, both premium, on Oct 19th. Anyone want them?

[quote name='Rhl']Thinking about selling my two tickets for the LA event, both premium, on Oct 19th. Anyone want them?[/QUOTE]

Interested! Pm'd!

[quote name='buckythekat']buying a ticket for the 19th in D.C. when I get paid tomorrow :)[/QUOTE]

awesome! I'm glad there are a few cags going the 19th, thought I was going to be the only cag not going the 18th haha.

Still looking for an SF ticket for the 20th! Anyone? I really need it for my friend...his twin wants to go, and twins are kind of inseparable, and it really sucks to exclude one of them. Anyone get back to me!

bread's done
Back