Playing Blu Rays on PS3

harunim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hi

I just picked up some blu rays from Fry's deal

Is there anyway to full-screen the movie?

I expected the Blu-Rays would fill the entire screen as they are designed for HDTV's!

Maybe I am wrong..

Please shed some light

[quote name='harunim']okay..? these doesn't answer my question..?[/QUOTE]

Its to show you that buy making them play in "full screen" you will be cutting off some of the image and making it look softer.

4:3 = full-screen, a square image, SDTV.
1.85:1 = Full HDTV
2.35:1 = Widescreen even on an HDTV.

HD DVD, Blu-ray, DVD it doesn't matter most movies are shot in 2.35:1 for theaters because most theaters have an even wider screen than HDTVs. If you want a good looking movie that was shot in 1.85:1, check out Crank.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']4:3 = full-screen, a square image, SDTV.
1.85:1 = Full HDTV
2.35:1 = Widescreen even on an HDTV.

HD DVD, Blu-ray, DVD it doesn't matter most movies are shot in 2.35:1 for theaters because most theaters have an even wider screen than HDTVs. If you want a good looking movie that was shot in 1.85:1, check out Crank.[/quote]

Dude, don't confuse him anymore than he all ready is.

You'll want to use the "zoom" button and cut off part of the pic like Chris in Cali does.

I can't believe it Chris! ::cries::

More power to you though.

[quote name='dallow']You'll want to use the "zoom" button and cut off part of the pic like Chris in Cali does.

I can't believe it Chris! ::cries::

More power to you though.[/quote]
Wow, really? That's some dedication right there.

[quote name='harunim']Hi

I just picked up some blu rays from Fry's deal

Is there anyway to full-screen the movie?

I expected the Blu-Rays would fill the entire screen as they are designed for HDTV's!

Maybe I am wrong..

Please shed some light[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should stick to VHS or Full screen DVD movies then.

I press the "zoom/widescreen" button on my HDTV remote and it'll switch between regular, widescreen, zoom, and theatre settings. My roommate always switchs things to zoom & theatre and it makes people look thin O_O I hate it...

In spite of being excessive, here is a complete list of films that will "cover your entire screen" if you have a widescreen HDTV:

A Christmas Story, A Scanner Darkly, All the King’s Men, Annapolis, The Architect, Are We Done Yet?, Babel, The Benchwarmers, Big Fish, The Big Hit, Bridge to Terabithia, The Brothers Grimm, Bullitt, Chain Reaction, Chicago, Chicken Little, Chronos, Click, Closer, Coming to America ,Courage Under Fire, Crank, Cruel Intentions, Daddy’s Little Girls, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City, Delta Farce, The Devil’s Rejects, Dinosaur, Dirty Dancing, The Dirty Dozen, Disturbia, Doctor Strange, Dog Day Afternoon, Employee of the Month, Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, The Fountain, Freedom Writers, The Fugitive, Full Metal Jacket, The Getaway, Good Night and Good Luck, Goodfellas, The Guardian, Happily N’Ever After, Hellboy, The Holiday, Hoosiers, The Host, House of Wax, Ice Age: The Meltdown, Lady in the Water, The Last Waltz, Lethal Weapon, Little Man, The Lost City, The Manchurian Candidate, March of the Penguins, The Marine, The Messengers, Music and Lyrics, Nacho Libre, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, National Lampoon’s Van Wilder, Norbit, The Omen, One Last Thing…, Open Season, Planet Earth, Purple Rain, The Queen, Reds, Rio Bravo, Rising Sun, Rocky, Rocky Balboa, Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise, Rumor Has It…, Saw, Saw II, Saw III, Scooby-Doo, The Searchers, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Sleepy Hollow, Stranger Than Fiction, Terminator, Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride, Trading Places, Ultraviolet, Under Siege, Vertical Limit, Waiting…, The War Within, The Warriors, The Wild, World Trade Center, The World’s Fastest Indian and Young Guns.

[quote name='QuasidodoJr']In spite of being excessive, here is a complete list of films that will "cover your entire screen" if you have a widescreen HDTV:

A Christmas Story, A Scanner Darkly, All the King’s Men, Annapolis, The Architect, Are We Done Yet?, Babel, The Benchwarmers, Big Fish, The Big Hit, Bridge to Terabithia, The Brothers Grimm, Bullitt, Chain Reaction, Chicago, Chicken Little, Chronos, Click, Closer, Coming to America ,Courage Under Fire, Crank, Cruel Intentions, Daddy’s Little Girls, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City, Delta Farce, The Devil’s Rejects, Dinosaur, Dirty Dancing, The Dirty Dozen, Disturbia, Doctor Strange, Dog Day Afternoon, Employee of the Month, Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, The Fountain, Freedom Writers, The Fugitive, Full Metal Jacket, The Getaway, Good Night and Good Luck, Goodfellas, The Guardian, Happily N’Ever After, Hellboy, The Holiday, Hoosiers, The Host, House of Wax, Ice Age: The Meltdown, Lady in the Water, The Last Waltz, Lethal Weapon, Little Man, The Lost City, The Manchurian Candidate, March of the Penguins, The Marine, The Messengers, Music and Lyrics, Nacho Libre, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, National Lampoon’s Van Wilder, Norbit, The Omen, One Last Thing…, Open Season, Planet Earth, Purple Rain, The Queen, Reds, Rio Bravo, Rising Sun, Rocky, Rocky Balboa, Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise, Rumor Has It…, Saw, Saw II, Saw III, Scooby-Doo, The Searchers, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Sleepy Hollow, Stranger Than Fiction, Terminator, Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride, Trading Places, Ultraviolet, Under Siege, Vertical Limit, Waiting…, The War Within, The Warriors, The Wild, World Trade Center, The World’s Fastest Indian and Young Guns.[/QUOTE]

That is nowhere near a complete list. Here are my 1.78 and 1.85 recommendations:
Bowfinger
Catch Me if You Can
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Get Shorty
Grosse Point Blank
Groundhog Day
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park III
Lost World, The: Jurassic Park
Men in Black
Men in Black II
Quick and the Dead, The
Spaceballs
Spider-Man
U.S. Marshals
Whole Nine Yards, The

[quote name='PenguinMaster']That is nowhere near a complete list. Here are my 1.78 and 1.85 recommendations:
Bowfinger
Catch Me if You Can
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Get Shorty
Grosse Point Blank
Groundhog Day
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park III
Lost World, The: Jurassic Park
Men in Black
Men in Black II
Quick and the Dead, The
Spaceballs
Spider-Man
U.S. Marshals
Whole Nine Yards, The[/QUOTE]

Ummmm.... I think QuasidodoJr was refering specifically Blu-ray movies only as the thread title suggests. You're just listing DVDs in gerenal I'm guessing.

Yea, those look like regular dvds to me, but PenguinMaster, may want to add Apocolypto, cant quite remember if its 1.78 or 1.85, but 1.85 is close enough to full.

I prefer 1.78 to 2.35. My TV is kinda shitty when it comes to blacks (and it has a bit of backlight bleeding), so the bars seem to be brighter than the actual movie picture itself, even with the backlight turned way down.

Crank, Apocolypto & Planet Earth are some of the best looking BR's ive seen. I know it sounds lame, but the best looking High def movie ive seen yet is You've Got Mail. They were showing it on HBO HD and the picture was crystal clear. Shitty movie, but it looked perfect.

bread's done
Back