Playing games with national security, it's the Chicago way

What complete and utter horseshit.

Let me ask you, do you think that the guys who are employed at the base, the people in the Air Force, are going to be fired?
They are the ones who are important to national security, not a fucking base in Nebraska. They will all remain employed, just moved to another base. The author is just stirring up shit.

A base in Nebraska holds no importance at all to the national security, it is the people who work the base. They will still be defending us, just at another place in the country (one that is probably more strategically important.)

The author of the article doesn't like Obama and is taking any swipe he can at him, running with the claim that he is "Un-American", especially with him weakening national security. This story is complete and utter bull and if the author had spent more time than 2 seconds thinking and not gone into automatic Obama hates America mode, he would have realized that the country would be in no more danger with this base closed.

I'm a little confused on why it's so horrible that an amendment is asked to be read aloud, as procedure dictates...

I mean, if we want to get into who's wasting time playing games, why is a senator bringing a 700 page amendment to the floor that he admits has absolutely no chance in hell of passing?

well it certainly shows that the republicans are resorting to the kitchen sink to oppose healthcare reform. not sure how smart it is for them to be known as the party of 'no' which they seem to be embracing.

yeah its a good talking point, i mean, im in support of a public option, so im definitely against the bill as it stands right now. see what i did there?

and what i meant about the party of 'no': they adhered to that moniker so well that a bunch of them accidentally voted against an ANTI-RAPE amendment. the fallout from that was so bad that they're blaming al franken (who sponsored the amendment) instead of doing the republican thing and taking, y'know, PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for their own vote.

[quote name='Doc Bacca']

A base in Nebraska holds no importance at all to the national security, it is the people who work the base. They will still be defending us, just at another place in the country (one that is probably more strategically important.)
[/QUOTE]

You own a bank, you put the vault in the middle of the bank or right next to the front door?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You own a bank, you put the vault in the middle of the bank or right next to the front door?[/QUOTE]

The base itself is of no importance. We have plenty of middle of the country, that the base doesn't have to be in Nebraska. In my statements I made no mention of where the base had to be, now did I? That's something you assumed. The equipment and the people are what are protecting national security, and they can be moved. Saying that having to have a base in Nebraska being important to security is bull. The bases can be in any place in the country (Coast or center.)

[quote name='IRHari']and what i meant about the party of 'no': they adhered to that moniker so well that a bunch of them accidentally voted against an ANTI-RAPE amendment. the fallout from that was so bad that they're blaming al franken (who sponsored the amendment) instead of doing the republican thing and taking, y'know, PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for their own vote.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Reps have an older mindset with women such as property can't be raped.

[quote name='The Crotch']But... that would be a violation of property rights, man. That's no good![/QUOTE]

The owner of the woman would receive a good price for damages and loss of use from the person damaging his property. Of course, owners can't sue themselves.

"
Even Johanns himself said he doesn’t believe the rumors.
“When Senator Nelson says it didn’t happen, I trust Senator Nelson. I have no reason not to trust him,” Johanns said. [...]
But Johanns said the White House needs to work directly with senators.
“The White House can work with us and say ‘Look, folks, this did not happen. We’re happy to appear before whatever committee,’” Johanns said. “I think that really does put this to rest.”"

This is a great idea...lets force people to respond to debunked rumors.

So...if only Glenn Beck would put to rest those vicious rumors, eh?

[quote name='perdition(troy']pretty smart considering public opinion opposes the healthcare bills as of right now.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you'd find the same amount of negativity against the Civil Rights Act if we had a 24 hour news cycle back in the 60s.

[quote name='depascal22']I'm sure you'd find the same amount of negativity against the Civil Rights Act if we had a 24 hour news cycle back in the 60s.[/QUOTE]

And you'll find 80% of the people who voted against the bill were democrats.

[quote name='IRHari']good thing THAT changed, and today's republicans are the 60s democrats.[/QUOTE]

Troy doesn't know there used to be a conservative southern wing of the Democratic party and a fairly liberal northern wing of the Republican party to over simplify it they sort of switched.

This is just one of many, many things troy doesn't know.

[quote name='IRHari']well it certainly shows that the republicans are resorting to the kitchen sink to oppose healthcare reform. not sure how smart it is for them to be known as the party of 'no' which they seem to be embracing.[/QUOTE]

That's how the Democrats took Congress and the White House in 2008 (among other factors), that was their whole platform.

[quote name='perdition(troy']And you'll find 80% of the people who voted against the bill were democrats.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

And Republicans freed the slaves! I remember Strom Thurmond switched parties because he just couldn't stand the blatant racism of the Democrats.

[quote name='IRHari']good thing THAT changed, and today's republicans are the 60s democrats.[/QUOTE]

Today's republicans are today's democrats.

[quote name='SpazX']:rofl:

And Republicans freed the slaves! I remember Strom Thurmond switched parties because he just couldn't stand the blatant racism of the Democrats.[/QUOTE]

Lincoln was no longer a Republican when he ran for re-election but I like your snarkiness.

bread's done
Back