Playing GC games with the Retro Controller...

Vinceisrich

CAGiversary!
I wonder how that would feel, or even if your able to do it in the first place... I'd expect that you are, since the Retro controller has ALL of the same buttons as the GC controller.

I think the Retro controller is just there for people who don't want to use/buy GC controllers. They'll both probably work the same way so you can use either or.

[quote name='Vinny']I think the Retro controller is just there for people who don't want to use/buy GC controllers. They'll both probably work the same way so you can use either or.[/QUOTE]

I for 1 am in that catagory... I am horribly uncomfortable playing on a GC controler (part of me never owning a GC sadly). To me I'll be primarily using the VC controller for GC games.

I kind of like the GC controller. It brings me back to the good ole N64 controller and all the good times I had playing Goldeneye until 2 in the morning.

I personally love the GC controller, it fits my hands perfectly. I just wish they would've made the "c" stick smooth not all clunky and have a nub instead of a nice round thing on top.

[quote name='mofo1115']err... just use GC controller[/QUOTE]

I think the retro controller is a better alternative for those without a Gamecube. If I was a new Wii owner I'd rather get a controller designed for all the virtual console games and wireless to an extent (the retro controller) than a Gamecube controller. Or at least consider if it is the better option.

[quote name='suko_32']I love wavebird[/QUOTE]

The weird thing for me was that the wavebird always felt better playing on than the regular GC controller... maybe it was the weight?

I thought the controller was very comfortable to hold and I adore the 'click' function of the should buttons. Sadly, barely any games made use of it. The only things I didn't like was the placement of the Z-button, the crappy d-pad, and the cord was too short (the PS2's was fine, the Xbox's was very generous). If it wasn't for the wavebird, I would've hated play GC games. Because of it, I could game from a distance and play crazy!

I'm so glad we're going wireless... wired controllers suck ass.:p

bread's done
Back