Playing Imported game on your PS2?

Beana Blasta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
okay , so i want to get the ps2 verson of SVC chaos, and the only way i can get one is by importing it, is there anyway i can play import games on my ps2? if theres a "thing" i can buy to make it play. Where can i get this "thing"?
thanks

i think modchips and slidecards both suck ass :p slidecards put a lot of strain on your disc tray and modchips are expensive. I'd go with the flip-top/swap magic disc combo. your laser will be accessed a little more than usual, but that shouldn't cause any problems. costs about $35 total too.

you do have to install the flip top, but if you know how to operate a screwdriver, it's easy.

www.estarland.com

Just buy a JPN PS2, thats what I did. My US PS2 died and to get a PS2 and mod or magic slide would cost about the same as getting a JPN PS2. So thats what I did and I also hate modding a console for import gaming.

I couldn't find a good deal on a Japan PS2 -- even when I went over to Japan! Maybe now, a few years later, it's a little different.

There are rumours that PS3 won't have a region check anymore just like the PSP. If this is true, then maybe you can play import PS2 and PS1 titles on the new PS3. I'm going to wait until PS3 comes out before I decide to enter the import scene. That way if PS3 isn't region free then I can screw around with my PS2 to play import games.

It'll be nice if the PS3 is region free. I can't express how awesome it is that the PSP will let me play Tales of Eternia without throwing a chip in.

[quote name='MadFlava']There are rumours that PS3 won't have a region check anymore just like the PSP. If this is true, then maybe you can play import PS2 and PS1 titles on the new PS3. I'm going to wait until PS3 comes out before I decide to enter the import scene. That way if PS3 isn't region free then I can screw around with my PS2 to play import games.[/QUOTE]

Sony learning that it's better to give the consumer what they want?

This would be a welcome change from the people who still fund the RIAA.

don't get a modchip because it screws up your ps2 later on.

Get a flip top and swap magic which I did. I got mine from TheGiantStore and yes they are reliable and cheap unlike the other stores I compared with.

Flip top is easy to install and everything will be set IMO.

If you want more information pm me, but I won't be on til next week.
Snowboarding ^.-

[quote name='endlessPRO']don't get a modchip because it screws up your ps2 later on.

Get a flip top and swap magic which I did. I got mine from TheGiantStore and yes they are reliable and cheap unlike the other stores I compared with.

Flip top is easy to install and everything will be set IMO.

If you want more information pm me, but I won't be on til next week.
Snowboarding ^.-[/QUOTE]

so the flip-top/swap discs do work well for playing import games? have you had any problems? I won't have problems using my memory card? Laser burning out?

I want to get that new Darkstalkers collection and Twinkle Star Sprites, but without having to pay the insane costs of modding.

[quote name='asianxcore']so the flip-top/swap discs do work well for playing import games? have you had any problems? I won't have problems using my memory card? Laser burning out?

I want to get that new Darkstalkers collection and Twinkle Star Sprites, but without having to pay the insane costs of modding.[/QUOTE]

I use a slide card myself, but from everything I've heard, the flip top won't mess up anything. It's safe.

You have few options:

(1). Not to void the warranty -
For old fat ps2 you need network adapter, a compatible PC harddrive and memory card exploit or those HD loader crap. (I am not sure if SVC chaos is compatible with HDD)

For new ps2, you need harddrive, USB advance.

(2). slide card stuff ppl mention above. the case mod thing you have to open up your system though.

(3). mod chip, void your warrenty.

I am a big fan of import games as well, it's sad you have to go through all these trouble to play import games.

you won't have any problems but you won't able to play "burnt ps1 games"

if you need more information just give me a pm

bread's done
Back