Playstation 1 RPG Hunt!

SBWildBill2004

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (92%)
Updated 6/28, added a lot of games i found and made the page easier to look at

Updated 7/6, I moved this past weekend, and am reviving the thred, updated with a few finds at pawn shops and recieved trades

Updated 7/7, Moved a lot of games into recieved from pending

Updated 7/12, More games into the collection

Updated 7/21, Lots of games over the past week. Needed list down to around 12 till i move to SNES and Genesis

Updated 7/27, HUGE haul today, multipules of lots of games and some new ones also

Hey everyone, like some other people here on CAG I am on the hunt for an extensive list of PS1 RPGS, with some SNES and other system RPGs in the mix- here is the list of the 81 U.S Relased RPGs, or the only list i could find- if there are any missing let me know please- I will check list for games that i am missing and will trade games in the collection towards other ones if the deal is good-

NO GH TITLES, i love games, but i hate GH cases.

Will be updated every 2 days with changes in Status of games, I know alot are in pending, but i have a lot of pending trades right now-

This is what my current collection looks like

Alundra 2
Arc the Lad Collection
Azure Dreams
Battle Hunter
Beyond the Beyond
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Brave Fencer Musashi
Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV
Brigandine
Castlevania SOTH
Darkstone
Dragon Warrior VII
Diablo
Dragon Valor
Eternal Eyes
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Front Mission 3
Grandia
Granstream Saga
Guardians Crusade
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth
Jade Cocoon
Kartia
Kings Field
Kings Field 2
Koudelka
Legend of Dragoon
Legend of Legaia
Legend of Mana
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
Monsterseed
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve 2
Persona 2
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
RPG Maker
SaGa Frontier
SaGa Frontier 2
Saiyuki: Journey West
Shadow Tower
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Thousand Arms
Threads of Fate
Torneko: The Last Hope
Vagrant Story
Valkyrie Profile
Vandal Hearts
Vandal Hearts II
Vanguard Bandits
Wild Arms
Wild Arms II
Xenogears

This Is what i still need
Chocobo's Dungeon II
DragonSeeds
Final Fanyasy Chronicles
Master of Monsters
Ogre Battle:
Shadow Madness
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Tactics Ogre
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny II

These games are currently pending
Chrono Cross
Persona

Let me know if i missed any, and if you have any of the games i need i will check list for trades. IM ALMOST THERE! the list is winding down, so lets finish it off

You may want to conisder listing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and DragonSeeds. Also, the following games might not exactly be considered RPGs:
Digimon World 1 and 2
Monster Rancher 1 and 2
Misadventures of Tronne Bonne
Herc's Adventure
Monkey Hero
Tail of the Sun

Take this as you will, but this is what I've found from my research.

Added Castlevania SOTH and DragonSeed, Took into consideration of removing the games KOG listed, need backup on removing them or keeping them- what do you guys think

Castlevania is a side scroller with a few RPG elements, it is far from an RPG. And what the hell is DragonSeeds? Did you make that title up? Good calls on the non-RPGs though.

Digimon World 1 and 2
Monster Rancher 1 and 2
Misadventures of Tronne Bonne
Herc's Adventure
Monkey Hero
Tail of the Sun

I'm pretty sure none of those are RPGs. I know Tron Bonne isn't. Digimon World 1 and 2 might be though, and Monster Rancher probably isn't considered an RPG.

[quote name='SBWildBill2004']Kings Field -------- NEED[/QUOTE]

I have the original longbox version w/ the hint line calling card and the foam insert. ;) but I love the game so it would take an awful lot to part with it. I have an extra copy of Shadow Tower, unfortunately it's not complete.

[quote name='SBWildBill2004']Added Castlevania SOTH and DragonSeed, Took into consideration of removing the games KOG listed, need backup on removing them or keeping them- what do you guys think[/QUOTE]

it's your list but technically there's a few more that aren't RPGs ... Alundra and Blood Omen are definately not RPGs, they're action/adventure ... like zelda.

I've always considered Castlevania an Action/RPG. You get experience, new items/weapons/armor, familiars, spells, multiple endings, and more that would seem to make it at least a pseudo-rpg.

As for DragonSeeds, it's sitting in my collection so it's obviously a real game. :) I'm pretty sure it's a pseudo-sequel to Monster Seed.

Digimon 1 & 2 have not played before. But Digimon 3 does have a lot of rpg elements, its almost like Earthbound for snes. What about Masters of Monsters. Anyways, if you want to buy some $13 shipped games, PM me. (I know trade only, but its worth trying. )

i actully have persona disc only, i havent played it since it came out, but i remember TOTALLY hating the game at the time, i only picked it up becuase it was cheap...what do you have to offer?

Point out the bounce, and show you how to get this dough in, large amount till its hard to count, point out the bounce, i turn an 1/8 to an ounce, turn a whole K' to the ROC.....

bump

This Is what i still need

easy to find games
Alundra
Beyond the Beyond
Chrono Cross
Dragon Valor
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fanyasy Chronicles
Final Fantasy Origins
Front Mission 3
Master of Monsters
Monsterseed
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny II
Torneko: The Last Hope
Xenogears

i got 2 of these im selling or trading Suikoden 1 is complete with case book and game and the other is just case and game about these others

i got a front mission 3 but its disc only. DOG got ahold of the book and had a good old time with it and might have a xenogears but i might only want to group that with the xenogears guide i got (again i got 2 Xenogears Both non GH 1 is open and 1 is sealed

i also have

Beyond the Beyond DISC ONLY
Chrono Cross GREATEST HITS SEALED
Dragon Valor Think DISC only (might have book)

other games you looking for try

Master of Monsters found it at gamestop for like 4.99
Monsterseed found it at a Ebgames Dec 2004 like 2.99

sbmwildbill2004,

dragon valor should only be $5 (iirc) at circuit city b&m b/c of the 50% off ps1 games sale (if it's in stock). good luck on your collection! :D

How much would u pay for these?

Chocobo's Dungeon II
Final Fanyasy Chronicles
Ogre Battle
Persona
Suikoden
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny II No Manual

Afraid I'm not looking to trade any of my RPG collection, but I did have a list I put together for Gaming Age, and it's a bit different from yours:

http://img11.echo.cx/img11/8483/psone6ae.jpg

It's, of course, US-centric. I also didn't include adventure titles and hybrids, if you're wondering about the absence of the Zelda-clones & Harvest Moon. That said, there are still some titles on there that you don't have on your list, like Crusaders of Might & Magic, the Digimon World series (though the first title is more Tamagotchi than RPG, so you may not want to bother), etc.

Not sure if it'll help much, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway.

And I'm going for the same thing, actually (except with every platform but PC :p), and on the PS side I'm almost done (lack Brigandine, Ogre Battle, Lunar 2, and a few little stragglers). Don't ask about the other platforms. ;)

Anyway, good luck with the collecting. :)

EDIT: Not sure if you're planning on collecting PS2 RPGs as well, or not, but here's a list just in case: http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2299/pstwo9ez.jpg

Also, I noticed both lists have a couple errors after I made them:
• Missing a * after "Gundam True Odyssey: Legend of the Forgotten G."
• I forgot "Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena" on the PSOne list.
• I forgot "Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse" on the Available Now list for PS2.
• I forgot "Suikoden Tactics*" on the Coming Soon list for PS2.

But otherwise they should be ok.

thanks scott. I figure that starting with PS1 would be a good way to dive into it. SNES will be next coupled with Geneisis. Then i think i will work on PS2/Xbox when the new systems launch because people will be getting rid of their libaries so i will make out nicely... hopefully.

bread's done
Back