Playstation 1 RPGS -- Need Help -- with PICS

train789

CAGiversary!
I came across a couple of old Playstation 1 RPG game sand I needed a little info.

The Legend of Dragoon - 4 Discs

Breath of Fire 3 - 1 Disc

Double Pack - Black Label
Legend of Legaia - 1 Disc
Tales of Destiny - 1 Disc

Double Pack - Black Label
Alundra - 1 Disc
Vandal - Hearts - 1 Disc

I wanted to know if anyone had any info on these games. Like how rare they are and plus I never heard of these games coming in a double pack and there is no bar code on them.

Thanks for looking and sharing the info....

Last edited by a moderator:
I never heard of these double packs. Must be some kinda in store deal.

The only ones that might fetch a good price is Breath of Fire 3 & Tales of Destiny. In fact I've been looking for a copy of Tales of Destiny for a while now.

Tales of Destiny and Alundra aren't "ZOMG RARE!!1!" or anything, but they are definite good finds, especially if they are still sealed.

According to the online rarity guide (on a scale of 0-10, 10 being most rare):
The Legend of Dragoon - 1
Breath of Fire 3 - 3
Legend of Legaia - 1
Tales of Destiny - 5
Alundra - 3
Vandal Hearts - 1

I'm assuming the double packs are unique to the store or chain. They were never officially released like that.

It's a decent find, especially if the price is good. Hell, the only one I own is Legaia. I'd snap those up in a heartbeat if I found them at a fair price. If you don't want them, send them to me :)

I think Vandal Hearts is more rare than the two Legend games, VH is more of a 1.5/2 in rarity than a 1. Legaia may be a 1.5 as well. Although VH is slightly less in demand than the 2 Legends.

Tales of Destiny has 2 or 3 discs... not 1. But there are markets for individual discs from sets for some games (recently saw the first disc of FFVII go for $30).

But you need to provide more details... are they just the discs only or do they include the original cases w/ inserts and manuals?

Those double packs are probably made up by the store as the publishers of the the games are different (i.e., Alundra was published by WD and VH was published by Konami) so they definitely weren't official releases.

The double have no bar code anywhere on them. They came in a double disc case and the outside covers have the black label playstation pictures with the booklet on the inside.....

[quote name='Vinny']Tales of Destiny has 2 or 3 discs... not 1. But there are markets for individual discs from sets for some games (recently saw the first disc of FFVII go for $30).[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the first Tales of Destiny is only 1 disc. Now Tales of Destiny 2 (Eternia) is 3 discs, maybe that's the one you're thinking of.

Hello there I'm including pics of the games to show the double disc cases. There are no bar codes on these games. Thanks for the info....

S7302524.jpg

S7302526.jpg

S7302529.jpg

[quote name='train789']Hello there I'm including pics of the games to show the double disc cases. There are no bar codes on these games. Thanks for the info....[/QUOTE]

Those pictures have made me realize something- each of those games are single-disc games that released in a double-disc case.

Methinks, perhaps, the previous owners of your games combined the titles into the same case to cut back on shelf-space. I can't say for sure, as I only own Legend of Legaia for comparison, but that one at least sure looks like it could be a dissected copy.

^ agreed. Except the covers are strange because the "covers" of these games should be the books not prints that fit a double case. Is there any chance they have been printed by someone as opposed to original covers? Although.... now that i think of it werent these games released in double disc cases although they were only 1 disc? cause that could explain it. I think brave fencer musashi did that cause it had a demo disc with it. Plus Im pretty sure that its a legal thing to have the backs when games are released to show that fine print and all. If they were official releases they would resemble the double game releases from MS games where they have both covers but squeeze all the fine print on the bottom of a cover.

maybe some sort of promotional item for the press very strange tho dude i say no manner wat don't sell these rare items i think regardless of the games worth in value u have something very special here u should keep it and by the way where u get there games online?

oh yea guys if u notice that the cover of those games all said 1 disc and that's very weird why would it say if the manual suppose to be the cover and the only manual that says 1 disc is the the Legend of Legaia but if u look inside they do have fine prints at the bottom of the first disc holder which is where suppose to be at but only thing is that Legend of Legaia and tales the 1 disc label on the side is not lined up that could could mean redone?

[quote name='xgk3000']oh yea guys if u notice that the cover of those games all said 1 disc and that's very weird why would it say if the manual suppose to be the cover and the only manual that says 1 disc is the the Legend of Legaia but if u look inside they do have fine prints at the bottom of the first disc holder which is where suppose to be at but only thing is that Legend of Legaia and tales the 1 disc label on the side is not lined up that could could mean redone?[/QUOTE]

My copy of Legaia is misaligned on one side too- I think it's just an odd print job.

As for the 1 disc- they ARE one disc. But, they were released in 2-disc cases... the front had a PS logo instead of a spindle.

SANY0409.jpg

SANY0412.jpg

SANY0410.jpg

SANY0411.jpg

Since a quick poke around shows all 4 games were released in cases like this, most likely someone spliced the cases together (to save shelfspace) and threw out the old back inserts.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Since a quick poke around shows all 4 games were released in cases like this, most likely someone spliced the cases together (to save shelfspace) and threw out the old back inserts.[/QUOTE]

This is what happened... nothing more to see or investigate here. The games are decent, but have been devalued (from a collector's standpoint) by losing several parts of their original packaging.

Keep them and enjoy them, but don't look to get collector's prices for them.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Those pictures have made me realize something- each of those games are single-disc games that released in a double-disc case.

Methinks, perhaps, the previous owners of your games combined the titles into the same case to cut back on shelf-space. I can't say for sure, as I only own Legend of Legaia for comparison, but that one at least sure looks like it could be a dissected copy.[/QUOTE]

I agree they look like dissected copies. I doubt they have very little value since they don't come in their original cases.

bread's done
Back