Playstation 15 year anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFWRX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
http://kotaku.com/5633974/fifteen-y.../full+(Kotaku)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Sony invites fans to help celebrate the fifteen year anniversary with several special discounts and free items available through the PlayStation Network.

• Free downloadable PS3 & PSP static themes available for download on the PlayStation Store starting today
  • Weekly discounts on select PS One titles within the PlayStation 15th anniversary collection page, available in all SCEA territories on PS3, PSP & Media Go Storefronts. In addition to a 50 percent sale on Super Rub A Dub (Super Rub A Dub offer good from Thursday, September 9, 2010 - through Monday, September 20, 2010).
  • A PlayStation Home commemorative Original PlayStation® (PS One) ornament for personal spaces available starting today.

Currently the 15th anniversary tab contains:

Super Rub a Dub (Full Game): 3.49
Suikoden (PS3/PSP): 2.99

And then the two free themes for PSP and PS3.

EDIT: By the way, this was not up an hour ago, which means they updated the store with this today, so we can expect updates (assuming there's more they're going to put on sale) to happen periodically and not just during regular PSN store updates.

[quote name='ninja dog']Ahh, clever! Run a sale on PS1 games on PSN when there aren't any there.[/QUOTE]

Did you even bother to look? Last time I checked there were over 100 PSOne classics.

Anyways, hopefully they actually have a sale on the FF's. Perhaps even a FF VII/VIII/IX combo bundle for $20ish. Sounds reasonable no?

[quote name='jccjr1982']Did you even bother to look? Last time I checked there were over 100 PSOne classics.
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call 80% of those games "classics", in any sense of the word.

Starting off with Suikoden gives me hope we won't see garbage like Spec Ops or whatever other shovelware they've thrown on there.

Only way they won't sale at least one of the FFs is if Square-Enix says "No. fuck you. In fact, make them $14.99, they'll still sell."

Well Id expect games like Wild Arms, tekken, hot shots golf, rayman, and other mid range titles to go on sale. I do not expect, titles like MGS, or FF to sale. maybe for 5.99? highly doubt it.

Is there anyway to buy these games without a PS3?

Like, I'm at school.

And my PS3 is at my parents' house.

So... Any ideas? Can I use MediaGo?

I'm hoping the sales will also arrive at Amazon.

The 15th anniversary Theme is pretty nice btw:

4974546299_3704da0c35.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']Hey I only have access to my PSP right now (my DS3 broke so II can't use my PS3). If I buy this on the PSP, will it definitely be able to be transferred to the PS3? I know it works the opposite way, but I remember reading that if you DL it on the PSP first you can't DL it on the PS3 after.[/QUOTE]

games bought on the psp can be downloaded as well on the ps3. it goes into your download history. i downloaded my psone collection to my ps3 a few days ago

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Well Id expect games like Wild Arms, tekken, hot shots golf, rayman, and other mid range titles to go on sale. I do not expect, titles like MGS, or FF to sale. maybe for 5.99? highly doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I do. The $10 for $5. They won't skip all the best games. People would be willing to spend $5 over $3 for the lesser titles.

[quote name='jccjr1982']Did you even bother to look? Last time I checked there were over 100 PSOne classics.

Anyways, hopefully they actually have a sale on the FF's. Perhaps even a FF VII/VIII/IX combo bundle for $20ish. Sounds reasonable no?[/QUOTE]

maybe 10 classics, 90 pieces of crap.

Just sayin'

I'd be happier if they uploaded a whole bunch of new ones instead of putting the old ones on sale.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']The Playstation came out when I was 4? WUT[/QUOTE]

The Playstation came out when I was 27!? Ouch...

I never got one and have no nostalgic feeling about PS1 games at all since I never played any. To me they just look like crappy outdated PC games ;). I haven't even bothered downloading the free ones on PSN+. I'd feel it was a waste of electricity and bandwidth to do so...

I didn't jump back into console gaming until I got a Gamecube for the kids in 2003. My childhood systems were Atari and Colecovision, though I did have an NES in college that I think I played about 10 times total.

Probably the only PS1 game I'd want to get is FF VII because I hear so damn much about it all the time. Though I'm sure I'll be disappointed in it. The problem is, that one will probably never be on sale.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Honestly, I do. The $10 for $5. They won't skip all the best games. People would be willing to spend $5 over $3 for the lesser titles.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Id like for them to do this, but Im not getting my hopes up. Im good with mid range titles. Cant beat 3 bucks for the majority of the PSone selection.

We DO need more PSone classics, but sales on ones I haven't bought are welcomed. Give us the Megaman Legends series, already?

Suikoden for $3 is an amazing deal.

I really hope Silent Hill goes on sale, I've been putting that one off for a while.

[quote name='Derextreme']games bought on the psp can be downloaded as well on the ps3. it goes into your download history. i downloaded my psone collection to my ps3 a few days ago[/QUOTE]

Okay just making sure, thanks :)

[quote name='Hao']Is there anyway to buy these games without a PS3?

Like, I'm at school.

So... Any ideas? Can I use MediaGo?[/QUOTE]

Media go should work...

[quote name='Hao']Is there anyway to buy these games without a PS3?

Like, I'm at school.

So... Any ideas? Can I use MediaGo?[/QUOTE]

It says you can use media go, so try it out.

Back in the day I had a mint copy of earthbound complete and a bunch of other insanely well cared for games. I have no idea what happened to them. You dont even want to know what I was willing to (and did) pay for a MINT COMPLETE copy of earthbound. I hope nintendo brings back earthbound and does it justice. Seeing Nes and his little brother in the smash brothers games got my hopes up!

[quote name='robdees']Me and my brother sold our SNES and games to one of his friends to get the scratch we needed to buy a PS1 and FF7. We realized that even though we loved our new machine we loved our SNES just as much and a few months later offered to buy back the SNES and all of our original games for double what we had sold it for. Dude would not sell it back, haha. Still regret that :)[/QUOTE]

Grabbed Suikoden for $2.99. Never played any games in this series so goodie on this for a deal on the original.

Here's hoping for some more genuine PS1 classics at half off.

I remember picking up a PS1 after owning a Saturn for a while. I was in college and couldn't afford a memory card or any games so I would just rent Resident Evil and play the crap out of it for a day straight. It frigging blew my mind at the time.

Ahhhh I really can't decide if I want to bite on Suikoden. Wish I could see what the rest of the sale will bring right now to know if this is one of the better deals or not.

Already owned Suikoden, kind of hope they put the second one on PSN too.

I doubt the best games will go on sale, but if they put a sale on the Resident Evil series, I'd bite. No pun intended.

Suikoden is one of the best PSOne RPGs of all time, so I don't know how much better the sales could possibly be.

To the person who asked, you are allowed to download a game 5 times, so if you buy it on your PSP, you will still be able to download it on the PS3. That would be 2 of the 5 allowed installations.

[quote name='eastx']Suikoden is one of the best PSOne RPGs of all time, so I don't know how much better the sales could possibly be.

To the person who asked, you are allowed to download a game 5 times, so if you buy it on your PSP, you will still be able to download it on the PS3. That would be 2 of the 5 allowed installations.[/QUOTE]
You are allowed to download a PSN game to 5 different devices max. However, there is no limit to the number of times you can download to one of those 5 devices (delete-n-download-repeat).

[quote name='eau']You are allowed to download a PSN game to 5 different devices max. However, there is no limit to the number of times you can download to one of those 5 devices (delete-n-download-repeat).[/QUOTE]

Not so! If you download a game to your PS3 and then copy it to your PSP from the same PS3, it only counts as one device. :)

Either that or I've got a great loophole going.

I got a PS1 back in jan 97 and was amazed at the cd games because I was use to cartridge games up to that point. Still have it like new to this day in the box. Love the playstation and nintendo stuff and have such a huge collection it's not even funny, obsessed, maybe, lol.

I didn't see that Suikoden was up - well, that is one of the few other PS1 games I might want to buy. I guess I might as well though, really, I don't think I'll ever have time to play it. I did play Suikoden V to completion (getting all the chars too).

I don't care what it is. I'm still not taking their latest stupid system update.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a few more titles become available as surprises throughout the anniversary celebration. It's well past time Suikoden 2 became available, or any number of other great RPG's from that console.

[quote name='jpatern']Original PS was a beast of a system. Thread also makes me feel old. I remember the Commodore 64 back in the day. Then the Atari and Intellivision before making my way to the NES.
I would love to see some good deals on some PS1 classics.[/QUOTE]

Making me feel old as well. I remember when I got my PS1. First two games a picked up were Ridge Racer and Battle Arena Toshinden. How many nights I went without sleep trying to perfect those games....

The Playstation was the first console I bought with my own money. I was so excited when I came home with it. I didn't even have a game for it for a week! Luckily they put demo discs in the boxes back then!

I know people tend to just chuckle and pass it over, but Super Rub a Dub is worth $3.50 if only to expand your library of glorious duck puns.

I traded in my NES, SNES, and Genesis, plus games and controllers at gamestop (or whatever Gamestop was 13 years ago. Electronics Boutiques, i believe). I got $1 for the NES and $1 for each game. that was a raping, and in hindsight not the best idea. After trading in all 3 systems, all my games and controllers, i still dropped $125 - $150 to get a PS1, an extra controller (maybe? I don't remember..i usually do get an extra though) and Suikoden. Also, they threw in a demo disk.

I was 13 when I did this, hence why I allowed them to completely screw me on my trade-ins. It was worth it, though. I still remember playing Treasures of the Deep and some game with cubes that advanced on you in 3d space and you had to light up tiles for them to fall onto, so they would dissappear. that was the best demo disk ever. I played the hell out of Suikoden, too. Man that was an awesome game.

I'm a Playstation fanboy and damn proud of it. I've literally spent over half of my life playing Playstation (15 out of 28 years!) and I'm pretty proud of that.

btw - is Suikoden $3 normally or is that the sale price?

and ZOMG@sp00ge - Ridge Racer was one of my first PS1 games, as well. I loved that game!

[quote name='djduke316']The Playstation was the first console I bought with my own money. I was so excited when I came home with it. I didn't even have a game for it for a week! Luckily they put demo discs in the boxes back then![/QUOTE]

Same here. Received a NES and then a SNES as a kid. Had bought some games with my own money, but the PS was the first console that was truly my own. And yeah, I was also so excited to get it that I didn't wait to save enough money for the system and a game, either. Ended up buying Triple Play Baseball a week or two later.

[quote name='g-man']btw - is Suikoden $3 normally or is that the sale price?

and ZOMG@sp00ge - Ridge Racer was one of my first PS1 games, as well. I loved that game![/QUOTE]

$3 is the sale price. PS1 classics are either $5.99 or $9.99, normally.

Well I bit on Suikoden. Not completely sure why since I already own the game on disc. I'm hoping I'll actually get around to playing it since I can now transfer saves to/fro my psp/ps3. $5 seems worth it, though. (had to add that much to get it, and this is the first thing I've purchased off PSN).

Hoping for MediEvil and either (or both) of the Legacy of Kain games. I guess MediEvil is a strong possibility since it's SCE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back