PlayStation 3 160 GB Console with $100 Credit on Amazon

[quote name='GundamS']Just noticed this is credit for ANYTHING :applause: :hot:

............still thinking, lol do I need another slim ?!![/QUOTE]

You should ask them if it is first...
The previous Singstar bundle deal had a $50 credit for "anything", but the description was wrong it turns out

[quote name='GundamS']Just noticed this is credit for ANYTHING :applause: :hot:

............still thinking, lol do I need another slim ?!![/QUOTE]

Yeah I just noticed this too!

Damn it Amazon, CALM DOWN!

[quote name='GundamS']Shoot an email to customer service they will help you out (usually for me anyway :))[/QUOTE]

I got the family bundle for $299 with $25 game giftcard. They won't match it:(

[quote name='kiribee']You should ask them if it is first...
The previous Singstar bundle deal had a $50 credit for "anything", but the description was wrong it turns out[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Either way not bad. And I'll easily spend $75 on video games to build up my PS3 collection! :)

LOL, so much for all those days of staying up late for Warehouse deals, I could have just gotten basically the same deal except on an "actual" new PS3.

hmmmm might just bite, would this be better than the supposed walmart deal? I guess tax at the BM stores so yes it does huh?

[quote name='Raul0923']hmmmm might just bite, would this be better than the supposed walmart deal? I guess tax at the BM stores so yes it does huh?[/QUOTE]

IMHO yeah. It's pretty equal price-wise.
However you either have to go to Wal-mart to get it and find it in stock at that time and day or if it's online then maybe have it shipped to your house or pick it up at wal-mart.

So Amazon.com it is!

FUUUU Gamestop. I just bought a Black Friday God of War bundle PS3 from Gamestop last week for $319 they had left over from Black Friday. They do not do console returns :bomb: or I would be all over this amazon deal.

Kind of sucks these are better deals than the Black Friday ones....for people that bought consoles during BF.

As great as the giftcard would be, I'm not going to leave sleep over it. I'm still happy with the Dell deal I got before Black Friday. I think I wound up paying 240 with tax, and at least that's money in my pocket. Still would have been great to get that giftcard, though.

Oh my. I might have to bite. Problem is that my 360 backlog is legendary at this moment. So I'd be getting this for blu-ray and whatever exclusive titles I might want to play. $75 would get me a couple of those games I'd hope. What's the best use for $75 in Amazon credit for exclusive PS3 titles? Most bang for the buck of course.

LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted 2 I guess. I'm in the same boat, the only reason I'd ever consider buying a PS3 is for the very small selection of exclusive titles.

does anyone have any idea how long this will last? i don't want to depend on the walmart one just in case they sell out

Interested but with this credit you cant use it like other credit where you can even use it on marketplace sellers? Correct me if I am wrong?

[quote name='SpockBlocker']LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted 2 I guess. I'm in the same boat, the only reason I'd ever consider buying a PS3 is for the very small selection of exclusive titles.[/QUOTE]
Small selection of exclusives? Not to start anything, but I'd rather take Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet, Gran Turismo, the Last Guardian, Resistance, KillZone, Twisted Metal, Sly Cooper, and inFamous over 360's Halo, Gears, Fable, and Forza.

Heck, some of the 360 titles you can buy on PC. All I have is a 360, but wish I had a PS3.

[quote name='juanawoman']Small selection of exclusives? Not to start anything, but I'd rather take Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet, Gran Turismo, the Last Guardian, Resistance, KillZone, Twisted Metal, Sly Cooper, and inFamous over 360's Halo, Gears, Fable, and Forza.

Heck, some of the 360 titles you can buy on PC. All I have is a 360, but wish I had a PS3.[/QUOTE]
And Demons Souls (you know, Gamespots game of the year for 2009?), Heavy Rain, MGS4...small selection haha.

Hey I got a question
It says about its promotion credit that:

"Order the PS3 160 GB and receive a $75 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com"

It only applies to the seller "Amazon .com" ? Because most of the cheapest (used) games I bought are from other sellers on Amazon.

I really wish I hadn't bought this exact same bundle from amazon on Black Friday week. Maybe I should call and beg for the 75 credit.

So damn tempting. I have so many games for the 360 to play, yet this is an amazing deal. Ugh... do I really need it, though? Do I? I doooooooooon't knooooooooow :bomb:

[quote name='DoubleJG']So damn tempting. I have so many games for the 360 to play, yet this is an amazing deal. Ugh... do I really need it, though? Do I? I doooooooooon't knooooooooow :bomb:[/QUOTE]

You probably don't, but a lot of PS3 exclusives are some of the best and most varied games in this gen in my eyes at least. There are a lot of them are you still have the games on both platforms that you can play. I don't see a price cut happening for a while though.

This is what I've been waiting for! Just pulled the trigger. I had $67 in Amazon credit and was going to ask for Amazon gift cards for Christmas to get enough for the PS3. As soon as I heard about this deal, I called my mom and told her to forget that. I couldn't risk missing on this deal by waiting for Christmas. Had to do it! Final total for that and an HDMI cable was $240.97. Thanks for the heads-up CAGs.

Any word on if this Amazon credit can be applied towards televisions? Also, how soon after the transaction would the credit be applied to your account?

Off-topic question: Is it safe to buy TVs from Amazon? I'd assume so, but it never hurts to double check.

FUUUU Paid $300 last year for 120GB! I AM SO MAD! I COULD HAVE WAITED 400 DAYS! J/king :p
But yeah this is a great deal :| I would have definitely bought it if I hadn't bought a PS3 last year.

I sometimes think about getting a PS3 slim. I've got the original 60 GB PS3 that I put a 160 GB hdd into. I never use the PS2 backwards compatibility.

It is just a silly want though. To have the latest, greatest and slimmest.

[quote name='DoubleJG']Any word on if this Amazon credit can be applied towards televisions? Also, how soon after the transaction would the credit be applied to your account?

Off-topic question: Is it safe to buy TVs from Amazon? I'd assume so, but it never hurts to double check.[/QUOTE]

Usually 2 days after it ships. You should be able to use the credit on a TV as long it's shipped and sold by amazon.com. Yeah I'd say it's pretty safe to buy TVs from Amazon.

Why this deal is getting this much attention? IMO, even with taxes, BB's any PS3 bundle and get $50 GC is hotter than this. Mainly because you can choose the $300 LBP holiday bundle. If you have the included games and Car BD, then it's a different story...

[quote name='Serpentor']Why this deal is getting this much attention? IMO, even with taxes, BB's any PS3 bundle and get $50 GC is hotter than this. Mainly because you can choose the $300 LBP holiday bundle. If you have the included games and Car BD, then it's a different story...[/QUOTE]

Some people don't care for LBP so $75 is better $50 and a lot of us don't have to pay tax when buying on Amazon. So that makes this deal hot. I have 2 older PS'3 and I'm even tempted with this deal. LOL. I must resist as I still have warranty's on both of them until June-August 2011. Man I really want to buy one though and get a slim. LOL.

[quote name='DoubleJG']Any word on if this Amazon credit can be applied towards televisions? Also, how soon after the transaction would the credit be applied to your account?

Off-topic question: Is it safe to buy TVs from Amazon? I'd assume so, but it never hurts to double check.[/QUOTE]

Get a $75 Credit
Order the PlayStation 3 160 GB and receive a $75 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Limit one per household. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

There is the exact language so I think you are safe using it on a TV. I bought a Samsung TV a couple years ago from Amazon and it was great service as they delivered it and set up for me. I haven't had an issue with the TV so go ahead and buy one and you might as well get a 3D one while your at it.:)

bread's done
Back