PlayStation 3 160 GB Console with $100 Credit on Amazon

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Look at my previous post...many of those are prequels to what's coming out.

Uncharted 3
inFamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Killzone 3
Resistance 3
Twisted Metal
Motorstorm Apocalypse
SOCOM 4
The ICO Collection
The Last Guardian (maybe)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I caught your earlier post and knew of a few that were coming out like LBP2 and Uncharted 3.
Definitely looking forward to building my initial library on the cheap (already got $5 motorstorm, $20 GoW Collection, $30 GoW3) and getting the Move in the future.

Now to find more deals!

[quote name='egonpax']Not to sound too much like a noob, but I've just ordered a PS3 (comes in tomorrow!) and I don't know what games are coming out that are PS3 exclusive. Which games are you talking about? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

LBP 2(co-op one screen), KZ3(with splitscreen co-op), The Last Guardian, UC3(with unofficial spitscreen co-op), R3(with splitscreen co-op), Twisted Metal(with split-screen, though co-op not confirmed), Rachet and Clankall 4 one(co-op all in one screen), Socom 4, Yakuza 4, Journey, Sorcery(move game) and Infamous 2 to name a few. Yes I said a few. It will be a great year to get exclusive games on the PS3 and if you can't tell I love offline co-op. LOL.

[quote name='jewsstilldidwtc']Is the $75 credit on this dead? Looks like the price has been changed to $280 but I don't see the $75 on the page now.[/QUOTE]

It's still there. A 3rd party seller is selling it for lower. Just chose Amazon on the right hand side and it will show the $75 gc on the last page of checkout before submitting the order. The price at Amazon is actually $298.99 so you will save another dollar on top of the $75 gc. LOL.

[quote name='3rdbass']LBP 2(co-op one screen), KZ3(with splitscreen co-op), The Last Guardian, UC3(with unofficial spitscreen co-op), R3(with splitscreen co-op), Twisted Metal(with split-screen, though co-op not confirmed), Rachet and Clankall 4 one(co-op all in one screen), Socom 4, Yakuza 4, Journey, Sorcery(move game) and Infamous 2 to name a few. Yes I said a few. It will be a great year to get exclusive games on the PS3 and if you can't tell I love offline co-op. LOL.[/QUOTE]

You're awesome. My friends and I (and hoping to get my fiancee) are into split-screen co-op!

Is LBP1 also same time co-op also? You also mentioned UC3 has unofficial split screen co-op, what does that mean? Do the other 2 have this as well?

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I've been wanting to wait until Friday to try and snag the Walmart $100 gift card deal, but I might jump on this because I'm worried it might not last until Friday night if the Walmart thing falls through.

Can anybody recommend good PS3 titles for a newcomer? I only want PS3 exclusives since I already have a ginormous 360 backlog.

I'm thinking so far:
Uncharted 1 & 2
Heavy Rain
Demon Souls (no idea what it is but every1 here loves it)
LittleBigPlanet
God of War Collection & GoW 3

Any other worthy PS3 exclusives?[/QUOTE]

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES. I own this and I don't even HAVE a PS3(borrowed my bud's PS3 to play it). I loved it! :bouncy:

[quote name='egonpax']You're awesome. My friends and I (and hoping to get my fiancee) are into split-screen co-op!

Is LBP1 also same time co-op also? You also mentioned UC3 has unofficial split screen co-op, what does that mean? Do the other 2 have this as well?[/QUOTE]

Yes LBP1 has it. UC3 is unofficial because ND hasn't confirmed it but it has been posted on gamestop as having 1-2 player offline. Here is the link.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=88913

Look halfway don the page and you will see it. Not a confirmation but it sure looks like it since it also mentions 1-12 for online and UC2 only had 1-10 for online. So it looks like they made changes for UC3. The other games have officially(game designer have confirmed it).

There is also an article on co-optimus.com about this.

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/5101/uncharted-territory-uncharted-3-to-have-campaign-co-op.html

Also the fist 2 don't have 2 player offline co-op. Actually one is strictly 1 player. UC2 is 1-3 player online only.

Feel free to ask me anything else about PS3 games as I own 2 PS3 systems and it is my console of choice though I also have a 360 slim and a Wii.

[quote name='Darth Indy']Looks like the deal is dead. Now watch them on Friday night match Wal-Mart's $100 gift card deal.:bomb:[/QUOTE]
I hope they do :pray:

My ps3 just ylod and I had it all planned out to order a ps3 on Friday, get my credit by Monday and order all my xmas presents with my $75 credit. PLAN SPOILED.

Guess I got Wal-Mart as a backup.

[quote name='3rdbass']Yes LBP1 has it. UC3 is unofficial because ND hasn't confirmed it but it has been posted on gamestop as having 1-2 player offline. Here is the link.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=88913

Look halfway don the page and you will see it. Not a confirmation but it sure looks like it since it also mentions 1-12 for online and UC2 only had 1-10 for online. So it looks like they made changes for UC3. The other games have officially(game designer have confirmed it).

There is also an article on co-optimus.com about this.

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/5101/uncharted-territory-uncharted-3-to-have-campaign-co-op.html

Also the fist 2 don't have 2 player offline co-op. Actually one is strictly 1 player. UC2 is 1-3 player online only.

Feel free to ask me anything else about PS3 games as I own 2 PS3 systems and it is my console of choice though I also have a 360 slim and a Wii.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the info man. I've been a 360 guy for a while now and have been wanting a PS3 but was waiting for a good deal and wanted the PS3's exclusive library to build.

Now I need a second controller on the cheap. I need to head to Radio Shack (I read that they have the silver? one for $25.)
And possibly LBP1 GOTY from amazon ($20)

[quote name='Darth Indy']Looks like the deal is dead. Now watch them on Friday night match Wal-Mart's $100 gift card deal.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

If they do that... :wall: I wonder if they would credit me the extra $25...

i hope they do, i was planning on buying one on Thursday :cry:

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Hoping Amazon matches the Walmart deal...[/QUOTE]

Me too, gotta get the most out of my free month of prime. Also, Walmart crowds= :cry:

It makes me wonder though. Why all these deals on ALL the consoles AFTER black friday? Seems to me that early 2011, we are going to see price drops on all of them! Might be a little wishful thinking on my part though since I missed this deal!

This seems like a wicked deal! Question though... is it worth the money for GoW3 and the Uncharted Series? They are about the only PS3 exclusive games I'm interested in currently...

[quote name='Cannonater']Does anyone know how the long the Walmart deal will last?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure it's good until they sell out. Just really hoping Amazon matches their deal. Hate Wal-Mart.

[quote name='SelectStartPQ']This seems like a wicked deal! Question though... is it worth the money for GoW3 and the Uncharted Series? They are about the only PS3 exclusive games I'm interested in currently...[/QUOTE]

I'd say yes, both GoW3 and Uncharted 1 & 2 are amazing, and even though you say those are the only two, surely there will be more games down the line you'll want to play, even if you just rent them or something. (The Last Guardian)

[quote name='SelectStartPQ']This seems like a wicked deal! Question though... is it worth the money for GoW3 and the Uncharted Series? They are about the only PS3 exclusive games I'm interested in currently...[/QUOTE]

I'd say so. I'm positive there will be other games that will interest you too. I bought my PS3 mainly because of LittleBigPlanet 2 years ago and shortly after a bunch of great titles started to come out (Killzone 2, inFamous, etc..). Plus if you don't have a blu-ray player already, it doubles as that too :)

Geez, I just missed out on the $75, and it was a gift, so I just decided to not be a cheap ass and I ordered the bundle for them.

Now, that one already shipped, so I can't cancel, and it was gift wrapped, so no refund on that.

Ah well. $100 credit accomodates a lot of hastle. Hope it gets there by Christmas Eve.

The promotion is over. But Bestbuy is running the same promotion and Amazon will probably match it over this weekend too.

i was at BB in san jose picking up my dj hero 2 /stand bundle today and their ps3 promo is only $50 gift card. hopefully amazon pm's this weekend- i traded in over $100 stuff but wasn't processed til yesterday so i couldnt apply my credit during the sale. im gonna keep my fingers crossed...

bread's done
Back