Playstation 3 160GB Uncharted Bundle - $299 Shipped at Sony Style

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sony Style just reduced the 160GB Uncharted bundle to $299. There's alsoa a banner on the page that says Free DualShock 3 with purchase, but it's not showing up in the cart. This is a pretty great deal. I've gotten word that this is only good till the 19th, or while supplies last. Enjoy!

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...t/forums/showthread.php?sduid=86594&t=1610889

Here’s what you get:

160GB Playstation 3
Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune
PAIN Downloadable code (PSN game)
Extra DualShock 3 controller? (argue with customer service over this one)

Total: 299 Shipped (taxes for some).

Last edited by a moderator:
nice find, I went in tried to get one and applied for their CC and their cc processing is not working.

you have to call one of their reps to get you set up for that, but guess what? they are closed! :bomb:

I just got back home and called them back, they are saying that they can't process new accounts or view accounts for some reason.
No idea when they will be back online.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a messed up site. Free shipping worked earlier (it's still promoted at the top right for all ground shipping), but the free DS3 controller (also in banner) hasn't ever shown up in the cart.

Is this the norm for SonyStyle? No fix. No sale!

[quote name='heyheyhey11']if you don't have ps3, another great deal here.[/QUOTE]
299 is a very good price, not much of a surprise here, its all over the tv for 300 bucks.

im in the market for a blu-ray player and i would jump on this if they were going to honor the free controller deal. otherwise i could just go pick up a slim at the store for same price

Disclaimer notice on the bottom of the site:

Note:
This model will NOT play PlayStation® 2 games, but is backwards compatible with select PS one™ games.

Bummer. I have a lot of PS2 games with a jacked PS2, and would've loved to play them upscaled.

Hmmm I think the OP might be mistaken, but so may I.

It appears the "Free Dualshock 3 Controller" is the one BUNDLED with the system and not an extra one. Someone else should read this, too, for their input.

I emailed sony support asking and will email back with my results [lets hope it's still in stock by then]

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Bummer. I have a lot of PS2 games with a jacked PS2, and would've loved to play them upscaled.[/QUOTE]
Believe me, we all would. The PS2 must have the best game library of any console since the Super Nintendo. Just one generation ago, Sony had it all, and it shows with the PS2's vast, vast library. To think there's no good, cheap way to get the games upscaled - That's quite the shame.

This looks really good, and it really looks like it should include a 2nd controller... if the controller is OOS and i ordered now, would sony still include the free controller when they get more?

[quote name='kart007k']dualshock is oos[/QUOTE]

Probably because they gave a big sh!t load of them away for free during the 80GB deal last week when they canceled a bunch of orders but not before sending out the extra controller for free. Check out the Slick Deals thread, this happened to a bunch of people:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=631863&p=23778027#post23778027

Also, if you have a Sony store near your area it's been reported they'll price match the online deal as long as it's not OOS, but some were lucky and got it though it was OOS. Good luck :)

READ THIS BEFORE PURCHASING!!!

This is from slickdeals by nostradamus186

Well, this is fantastic. I called, and they ARE NOT GIVING A FREE CONTROLLER. I got the stupid excuse of, "Well, what that is saying, is that you are receiving a controller with the purchase, not AN EXTRA ONE, but a controller. I'm like "thats pretty obvious that you're getting one with the system. But it's deceiving that you put the advertisement there."

According to this it's JUST THE BUNDLE, doesnt come with an extra controller!

Contradiction from another poster, iightz, there though!

I just spoke with a customer support representative (after waiting like 25mins). He said that the promotion is part of the ps3 bundle, therefore you wont see the extra controller be added to your cart and that I will receive the extra controller. Hope this helps, for those people who are interested in purchasing this.

Quite frankly I would believe the latter is incorrect, though.

I'm super tempted, but do you think the 160gb might drop some more now that the giant Slim has been announced?

I've had the Uncharted bundle sitting in my Amazon cart at $350 for a week now, just tempting me.

If it had the extra controlled, I'd be on this for sure.

so, help me out here...

I looked at the site and I think it's pretty clear that the extra controller is included.

If I were looking for a PS3 and would likely buy uncharted anyway, is there any reason I would NOT buy this bundle? Seems like 299 for a 160GB PS3, extra controller, and uncharted is a pretty good deal. Plus, I think I can get $100 off with my Sony card that I got a month a go and still haven't used...

[quote name='tssgery']so, help me out here...

I looked at the site and I think it's pretty clear that the extra controller is included.

If I were looking for a PS3 and would likely buy uncharted anyway, is there any reason I would NOT buy this bundle? Seems like 299 for a 160GB PS3, extra controller, and uncharted is a pretty good deal. Plus, I think I can get $100 off with my Sony card that I got a month a go and still haven't used...[/QUOTE]

I'm 75% sure it's not included, but from what I've read the 160GB is louder/hotter than the 80gb and doesn't have PS2 backcompat

There's still the "Free DualShock3 controller with purchase" banner beneath the add to cart button, but the extra controller doesn't show up in your cart like it did with the recent 80gb deal.

Maybe it's just because they're OOS, but I'm a bit hesitant to pull the trigger. Without the extra controller I'd probably opt for a slim :whistle2:|.

[quote name='jacksmack10']There's still the "Free DualShock3 controller with purchase" banner beneath the add to cart button, but the extra controller doesn't show up in your cart like it did with the recent 80gb deal.

Maybe it's just because they're OOS, but I'm a bit hesitant to pull the trigger. Without the extra controller I'd probably opt for a slim :whistle2:|.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

If I was sure it had the extra controller, I'd be in for one. Without it... meh...

Title is fixed. I don't know why the extra controller isn't showing up. There are three examples of them saying you get a free DS3 with the purchase of this bundle. Sony's Customer service isn't helping either.

edit: dammit they removed the free DS3 banner from the page, grrr

The way I'm reading it... you get the 160GB Playstation3 Bundle which includes "Uncharted: Drakes Fortune game, DUALSHOCK3 wireless controller and voucher for downloadable game" AND a Free DUALSHOCK3 controller with purchase... (so to put it another way... you get the BUNDLE and you get the extra controller...Anyways, Ive already put in my order and sent Customer Service my clarification question, but it appears that SOMETIMES this deal shows up, and sometimes not... BUT I did take a screenshot of the site, so if they try to go back on the deal I have grounds to sue for false advertisement:
http://s954.photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=SonyStyle_UnchartedBundleWithDualSh.jpg

Heres a screenshot of how the deal looks now: (notice the Free DualShock 3 Controller is missing)
http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/perfectnew_photos/UnchartedDrakesFortunePs3NoFreeDual.jpg

bread's done
Back