Playstation 3 or Ipod touch?

aihuman

Banned
Playstation 3 or Ipod touch?I know the ps3 is a better value but it just has no games.Ipod touch on the other hand im planning to use all the time ,but the cheapassgamer inside of me is having second thoughts.CAG opinions needed.

Both these things are different things. This isn't like comparing a Zune vs iPod or PS3 vs 360. What do you want more? Playing games or listening to music/video on the go?

i say you buy a ipod touch, if you have other systems (ie 360,wii,ps2)
but i say you buy a ps3 if you have another mp3 player that is either a 1gb or higher

You'll regret getting a 16GB iPod Touch when they have a 32GB-48GB model next year.

I didn't get a new iPod last year because I knew they'd have some sort of major upgrade this year. Touch is a major upgrade but i'm already using 16GB of just music on my 4G iPod. That doesn't leave any room for video or new music.

i think it's funny that the ps3 is having a tough time against the ipod, let alone the 360 or wii.

just an observation....

Well... do you want to play games? If you don't care about games then get an iPod Touch, but if you do care about games, get a... wait nevermind. No real games on either the iPod or the PS3.

Just kidding! I just had to post it before some troll did.

[quote name='Mako1215']
but i say you buy a ps3 if you have another mp3 player that is either a 1gb or higher[/QUOTE]

If you don't have a MP3 player that is 1gb or higher, buy one for $40! PS3 is definitely a much better value. Anyone who spends more than $100 on an MP3 player is a total moron. While PS3 doesn't have any great games at the moment, plenty of games are coming this fall.

EDIT: Here you go, a 15-20GB Dell MP3 player for $78. You shouldn't need to buy anything more expensive than that.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=MTDE0120-R&cat=MP3

The iPod Touch is cool but WAY WAY WAY too small to be worth the price. I'd wait a year when you know there will be an 80GB iPod Touch for $400.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Both these things are different things. This isn't like comparing a Zune vs iPod or PS3 vs 360. What do you want more? Playing games or listening to music/video on the go?[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']If you don't have a MP3 player that is 1gb or higher, buy one for $40! PS3 is definitely a much better value. Anyone who spends more than $100 on an MP3 player is a total moron. While PS3 doesn't have any great games at the moment, plenty of games are coming this fall.

EDIT: Here you go, a 15-20GB Dell MP3 player for $78. You shouldn't need to buy anything more expensive than that.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=MTDE0120-R&cat=MP3[/QUOTE]

Just admit it, you don't like music! I wish I had 80GBs on my Zune....don't even use video.

My dilemma is deciding between an Ipod touch and a pocket pc... I'm looking for good portable wifi internet/email... opinions? (I already have a 60gb ipod video for music)

Im an audiophile at heart so I think Ill go with the ipod and the blue shirt.Listening to music,watching videos on the go,on being able to connect to internet is important to me.I agree the ipod and the ps3 are two very different things,but they are both something im interested in purchasing.I only have money to buy one.

[quote name='javeryh']The iPod Touch is cool but WAY WAY WAY too small to be worth the price. I'd wait a year when you know there will be an 80GB iPod Touch for $400.[/quote]

There's no way that Apple could get 80 GB of flash into that thing and stil be able to sell it at a consumer friendly price. I actually just ordered the 8 GB version, as I don't really need to have more than that much music/video on it at once. Yeah, I'll be jealous next year when they have double that storage for the same price, but hey, I'll have had it for a year too.

[quote name='freshzen']Just admit it, you don't like music! I wish I had 80GBs on my Zune....don't even use video.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter how much music you have, you don't need to be carrying around 80GBs of music with you.

If you wait for a larger flash drive on the Touch then you might as well wait forever as far as technology goes. I'd probably buy a Touch at this point simply because I know for a fact I would get my money's worth out of it, but since I don't have a whole bunch of time to watch movies on the go since I don't take the bus or anything to work I'd probably get the Classic because of the amount of music it holds. I already have 16GB worth of music on my 4g Ipod and it sure works well as an alternative to swapping cd's in my car.

Wow how can you even consider only 16gb for that much $$? If they made an ipod touch at a 30-60gb rate, i would be all on them but 16gb isn't shit to me.

[quote name='aihuman']Playstation 3 or Ipod touch?I know the ps3 is a better value but it just has no games.Ipod touch on the other hand im planning to use all the time ,but the cheapassgamer inside of me is having second thoughts.CAG opinions needed.[/quote]
The CAG inside of you should tell you to go for a ipod nano or ipodvideo depending on how much music and vidoes you plan on watching/listening to. While I love my xbox 360, my ipod video is my daily use eletronic of choice.

Yeah the ipod touch is nice but $400 for 8gigs!?!?! The touch is a iphone without the phone.....While it would be nice to use the net function at wifi hot spots I would much rather beable to go on a road trip and have 30gigs to blow through then the tiny 8gigs.

It really matters how much of a music nerd you are. If you are like me and have tons of music you need atlest a 30gig ipod video, if you just want a few good cd's, random songs and some mix's go for a nano(they play video now anyways)

[quote name='rodeojones903']Ipod classic or PS3. Personally I think the ipod touch is a waste.[/QUOTE]

Really the ipod touch is just for people who don't want to buy an iphone. A year from now the 2nd Gen of both these products will blow them out of the water.

Just get a cheaper version of the ipod and get the PS3.

Let me understand something?....What's the use of the Ipod touch? I dont see it other than a waste of money and technology.

400 dollars = 8 Gigs and HOLY CRAP I TOUCH IT WITH MY FINGERS OH MY GOD AWESOME!!!!

149 more or cheaper - at least 30 - 60 gigs, BOO NO TOUCHY! I WANNA BE TOUCHED!! TOUCH ME!

If youve got 400 + bucks to blow, id say...put it in savings, or buy a car, Got me a nice car at police impound for 300 bucks only had 61,000 miles and brand new rims and tires, No rear window but hey it was taken off a drug dealer ya get what ya get.

What is this PS3 you speak of? Is it like that PS tripple that has been talked about on the internets?

J/K
I say PS3 cause Steve jobs is going to make your touch obsolete with a update in 6 months

Glad my uncle gave me his 60gb Ipod. IMO they're overated and I would of never bought one.

Just save your money or buy a PS3 if you really want it.

[quote name='nikelecious91']Glad my uncle gave me his 60gb Ipod. IMO they're overated and I would of never bought one.

Just save your money or buy a PS3 if you really want it.[/QUOTE]

That would be your opinion

I have a 60gb and use it more than any gadget I currently own

bread's done
Back