PlayStation 3 Racing Wheel & Pedals - $24 & Free Shipping!

RoundeRx54

CAGiversary!
Pretty good deal for a full-sized racing wheel and pedals. Perfect for Gran Turismo 5 which comes out in Dec...

PlayStation 3 Racer - Racing Wheel & Pedals by Mad Catz
FREE SHIPPING
List Price: $99.99
Our Price: $24.99
http://www.buy.com/prod/playstation-3-racer-racing-wheel-pedals-by-mad-catz/q/loc/108/207336954.html

207336954.jpg

mad catz...whats the point lol. it probably sucks, logitech wheel is the one to get for PS3 owners...and to be fair, very few games are actually better with the wheel this gen has been mostly arcadey racers

Besides debating the quality of this wheel, the fact that it is a full-sized racing wheel and is only $24 should trump it all. This thing is still $89.99 on Amazon.

I've had bad experience with Mad Catz product. When there's a problem and you call their customer service. Nobody picks up even when I called during office times. After three tries I just gave up thinking it's not worth the time. They sold me a product with a defective feature I don't even use but still. I mean what kind of HDMI connection output grainy, flashing picture... May pick this up but the customer service issue is giving me second thought.

[quote name='khuongngo']I've had bad experience with Mad Catz product. When there's a problem and you call their customer service. Nobody picks up even when I called during office times. After three tries I just gave up thinking it's not worth the time. They sold me a product with a defective feature I don't even use but still. I mean what kind of HDMI connection output grainy, flashing picture... May pick this up but the customer service issue is giving me second thought.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the 3-port HDMI port things? I bought one of those too and it sucks.

Yeah that one. I just totally gave up cause I bought it mainly for the fan and the remote. I mean HD picture quality with grains and flashing screens. IT'S MAD CATZ'S HD BABY!!! Don't expect me to do business with this company again. Bad product and bad customer service. OH wait, it's not BAD customer service. Was there customer service at all ?!?!?

[quote name='RoundeRx54']Besides debating the quality of this wheel, the fact that it is a full-sized racing wheel and is only $24 should trump it all. This thing is still $89.99 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
How come on the madcatz.com website they have this thing listed at MSRP $49.99? Amazon's trying to charge us DOUBLE???

[quote name='RoundeRx54']I just cant see myself shelling out $100 for a racing wheel.[/QUOTE]
I agree Logitech offers good products but the problem is the products are priced too high. Cannot see myself spending that much either. Well guess that's the whole point of this website, to find good deals right?

[quote name='khuongngo']I agree Logitech offers good products but the problem is the products are priced too high. Cannot see myself spending that much either. Well guess that's the whole point of this website, to find good deals right?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I am going to give this $24 wheel a shot. It certainly has the right price point.

[quote name='RoundeRx54']Pretty good deal for a full-sized racing wheel and pedals. Perfect for Gran Turismo 5 which comes out in Dec...

[/QUOTE]

Which Dec? Amazon lists it to be released 4/2010 so i'm guessing a possible Dec 2010/2011 with the usual delays after delays with all GT franchises. 2 Forzas later, we finally got to see a glipse of GT5 in the form of Prolouge. Nearly 3 Forzas later, we finally recieved a version for the PSP. I have all 5 current gen consoles/portables so I don't really care when they bring that out as there are plenty of other games to play on all systems. For those who only has the PS3 and waiting for GT5, the wait could be quite annoying.

I currently own 5 different wheels, remember, "you get what you pay for" and with wheels it is extremely important. If you want to experience GT5 at it fullest, get at the least the DFGT wheel, you will be vastly disappointed with anything less, and realize any money spent on a cheap wheel is a waste of money.

[quote name='pun123']i currently own 5 different wheels, remember, "you get what you pay for" and with wheels it is extremely important. If you want to experience gt5 at it fullest, get at the least the dfgt wheel, you will be vastly disappointed with anything less, and realize any money spent on a cheap wheel is a waste of money.[/quote]
qft!

No one hear would say that they would buy this :

for $20 over a sf4 stick because the price is right. When it comes to controllers how it functions matters more than the price. I think everyone could agree that a crappy controller ruins the gaming experience!

You can't beat $25 with free shipping for a racing wheel. I am far from a hardcore gamer, but will pick this up and try it out.

Thanks OP

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Which Dec? Amazon lists it to be released 4/2010 so i'm guessing a possible Dec 2010/2011 with the usual delays after delays with all GT franchises. 2 Forzas later, we finally got to see a glipse of GT5 in the form of Prolouge. Nearly 3 Forzas later, we finally recieved a version for the PSP. I have all 5 current gen consoles/portables so I don't really care when they bring that out as there are plenty of other games to play on all systems. For those who only has the PS3 and waiting for GT5, the wait could be quite annoying.[/QUOTE]

Yep, GT5 was confirmed for March 2010 release.

bread's done
Back