Playstation 3D display + 160 gb PS3 for $599 @ best buy worth it?

xenophreak

CAGiversary!
I've been thinking about buying the 3d display, and my fat 60gb ps3 ylo'd last weekend.
What do you guys think about this deal? Worth it or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know... you figure $250 for the PS3 and $350 for the display.

Not a bad deal. I just wish the display was 32" or bigger and more reasonably priced. If i was still in college or wanted an overpriced CPU monitor (i'm not even sure if it can be used as such) then I guess I'd go for it but I already have a 52" and a 42" TV so I don't know what I'd do with this.

I guess it depends on how into 3D you are. That and what GBA stated about the screen size and if that's a sticking point.

If I were in the market for a small 3D capable TV and a PS3, I'd certainly bite. It also helps if you've got some BB credit burning in your pocket.

[quote name='xenophreak']I was thinking of using it as my pc monitor as well.

Also, if i buy it online, i get a second pair of glasses for $25.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat260200050005[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure you can get that in store as well. I will add that it is quite a bit for the display and BB has been running this (unadvertised) since the week after the display came out.

How much 3D are you going to do? I only ask because I just got my 3D setup functional and while Batman looks great with it, I am not sure I can play the whole game with an active 3D display. Maybe passive would be better, but I see too many "stutters" with the motion.

It looks great when it works, but sometimes I wonder if I am better off without it.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I guess it depends on how into 3D you are. That and what GBA stated about the screen size and if that's a sticking point.

If I were in the market for a small 3D capable TV and a PS3, I'd certainly bite. It also helps if you've got some BB credit burning in your pocket.[/QUOTE]If the $100 credit from the 5 for $100 deal was on time & you really wanted this combo it becomes a hella deal.

No, i don't have any credit, but i would have to spend $250 or more on a new ps3 anyway.
I might as well go all the way and get a new pc/ps3 3d monitor, and get a ps3 for just $100 more, plus the glasses for $25.

I could have got a holiday bundle for $200 on black friday but i didn't know my ps3 was gonna die the next day :(

I have mine for like 17 days. It is worth it! Once you sat close to this PS3D Display, it look like you're watching them in 50-55 inches widescreen. I like it smaller because you can see the whole 3D movements. Watching in 50" screen is either a hit or miss cuz you were looking at other things first. Thats why 3Ds is made to filll the whole picture in 3D.

bread's done
Back