PlayStation 3D Display Bundle - $299.99 at Best Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mana Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
I considered buying the PlayStation 3D Display for $500 + $100 PS3 last week, but I wasn't desperate for another PS3. While randomly checking Best Buy online this morning, I saw it at $399.99. I bought on impulse. I checked in-store and it's on sale there too, even if it wasn't advertised (I didn't spot it in the ad).

EDIT: Now it's $299.99 at Best Buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Co...d=2891051&st=playstation 3d display&cp=1&lp=1

Amazon is still $399.00, but I expect a price drop.
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1323720517&sr=1-1

I'm betting it's a weekly sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jack_Frost']Reading through the comments, some of you really are cheap asses lol...

This is a good deal imo, the tv size isn't a problem at all to me, especially since im in the fighting game community and we are used to playing on monitors around this size sometimes smaller. Imo big tvs are good for media, not gaming, especially for hardcore gamers like myself.

Also I heard the glasses that come with this are legit, sorry I dont know much about 3D but a review said they were some kind of glasses that were good. People saying this should be $200 are on drugs, the 19 inch blacklight led monitors run for a little less than that and they arent 3D.[/QUOTE]

this is what i'm trying to say in my previous post. it is a good deal for what it offers if you are in the market for this type of gadget (i am not in the market, but still think it is a good deal).

the problem is people are only comparing the size and prices of 32'' - 46'' 720p 60hz crappy old tech tv that cost $300-500 being sold at target or walmart instead of comparing the specs of this sony monitor to equivalent newer computer monitors with 3d capabilities that are currently priced around $500-750.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I don't know if it is still up at Best Buy, but LG had a amazing 3D demo for their larger 3D display. It was an clip for a 3D IMAX movie "Under the Sea", in it there was a large fish that seemed to project 4 feet out from the surface of the TV, it was an amazing effect. If you are a member of Costco, they may have 3D demo set up for LG as well...[/QUOTE]

The farther you stand from the 3D display, the more that barracuda fish pops out at you. I had it eating some little kids head one time.

I bought one the day it came out to replace my 19" computer monitor and I am very happy with it. I preordered it from gamestop by some certain date so on top of Motorstorm they also included Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 with it so I was ok with the price.

I figured it would be a good upgrade for my computer room and it would be more then enough to satisfy the very small interest I had in 3D. After playing Uncharted 3 and GT5 on it I am considering buying a bigger 3D TV. I couldn't care less about watching movies or TV in 3D but video games are pretty awesome.

It still hasn't even made it into my computer room yet. It is sitting on my living room table and I have been playing mostly on that instead of my 55" Samsung.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']$199 or less\\:D/:whee:

That's MY pricepoint on this overpriced bitch.:razz: Now if they threw a PS3 in at $299, I might consider it.:booty:[/QUOTE]

Some major wishful thinking here lol

[quote name='drunkn ghost']I bought one the day it came out to replace my 19" computer monitor and I am very happy with it. I preordered it from gamestop by some certain date so on top of Motorstorm they also included Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 with it so I was ok with the price.

I figured it would be a good upgrade for my computer room and it would be more then enough to satisfy the very small interest I had in 3D. After playing Uncharted 3 and GT5 on it I am considering buying a bigger 3D TV. I couldn't care less about watching movies or TV in 3D but video games are pretty awesome.

It still hasn't even made it into my computer room yet. It is sitting on my living room table and I have been playing mostly on that instead of my 55" Samsung.[/QUOTE]
If you haven't seen any of the top-tier 3D releases you're missing out on quite a bit, because the 3D on movies have noticeably more depth.

I wonder how the input lag is on this. 3D processing probably adds some major frames of lag.

Someone with a Rock Band 2/3 setup with the light sensor on the guitar should measure for us.

It probably doesn't touch the ASUS, i'm betting it's quite awful, like most cheaper HDTVs.

[quote name='gamerguy73']Some major wishful thinking here lol[/QUOTE]
You mean like the wishful thinking that got me a $15 PSone/LCD combo from Kmart(that was luckily buried in the back of the damn case;)) or multiple Black Ops Prestige Editions back in July or so from BB for $15 each?;)

Insane deals happen, more frequently than you might imagine. You just have to be there at the right time to grab them. So while you(and others) just assume it'll never happen, my opinion is that it COULD happen. Will it happen for certain? Don't know.

But that's the fun part of trying to get these insane deals: hunting for them.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean like the wishful thinking that got me a $15 PSone/LCD combo from Kmart(that was luckily buried in the back of the damn case;)) or multiple Black Ops Prestige Editions back in July or so from BB for $15 each?;)

Insane deals happen, more frequently than you might imagine. You just have to be there at the right time to grab them. So while you(and others) just assume it'll never happen, my opinion is that it COULD happen. Will it happen for certain? Don't know.

But that's the fun part of trying to get these insane deals: hunting for them.;)[/QUOTE]

Ok if it gets to that low low price, let me know please. Seriously. :)

[quote name='gamerguy73']Ok if it gets to that low low price, let me know please. Seriously. :)[/QUOTE]
Before or after I pillage the Tri-State area of any that remain?;):D

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I took a picture today of my TV after I unboxed it.
PSTV.jpg

I will say that it seemed bigger than I expected. To warn those with larger heads, the 3D glasses may fit very tight (I have a skinny head so it doesn't matter). I tried playing MotorStorm Apocalypse (my original copy since I already owned the game) and Sonic Generations. MotorStorm Apocalypse was amazing just how everything popped out. Sonic Generations was pretty cool too, but took a little adjusting to get the 3D setting I want (Sonic moving fast can make it tricky). Once I try out all my 3D games (I have a bunch) and get another pair of 3D glasses (and invite a CAG friend over), I may blog my full detailed impressions of the display.[/QUOTE]

Definitely looking forward to your write up - might convince me to grab one for the bedroom. :D

I saw a couple of you asking about the "new" Sony remote - if I buy one of these, will my "old" Sony Bluetooth remote for my PS3 not work with this TV? Kind of weird they don't include at least a minimal remote - not like I need to add to my damn collection.

game stop crooks after cheating of Human Deux Code now cheating with their online deal of uncharted free with 3d Display .i been to two gamestops in NH 03079 .Both said it was only one day sale .Their website mention it runs until 12/20 .They deny their own website deal

[quote name='midnightexpress']If you haven't seen any of the top-tier 3D releases you're missing out on quite a bit, because the 3D on movies have noticeably more depth.[/QUOTE]

+1

I bought my 55" 3D mostly for gaming. I have enjoyed the 3D movies a lot more, and I thought the gaming was awesome. The Lion King 3D brought a smile to my face instantly.

[quote name='pythoncancer']game stop crooks after cheating of Human Deux Code now cheating with their online deal of uncharted free with 3d Display .i been to two gamestops in NH 03079 .Both said it was only one day sale .Their website mention it runs until 12/20 .They deny their own website deal[/QUOTE]

my gamestop said its valid and will ring up automatically.

I've read several different people are having problems with the screen going black occasionally for a second, anyone have one here that have had this problem?

A lot of people say they have had the problem on multiple displays here(they also seem to be having trouble getting support from the device through sony):
http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3911087?start=0&tstart=0

This has me thinking twice about wanting the display at any price, and especially not from gamestop due to their return policy.

I already faced that problem with my Asus .Turned out it was my connection that runs through Sony sound system .Switching HDMI to 1.4 resolved that problem but still it does once in a while but a lot less compared to old hdmi cable .

I just can't see spending $400 on a 24" TV. I understand what the TV was made for, but I'd rather save up my pennies and buy something 20-30" bigger and that I don't have to sit 2 feet in front of.

This is still $499.99 at FYE/Transworld stores BUT they have a $100 mail-in rebate offer with purchase of it. So if perhaps you could find a way to convince a manager there to actually drop it the $100 everybody else pretty much has already, then that'd make this $299.99 after MIR.;)

[quote name='mr_bungle']Wow..a whole 3 frames. I know some people will game on nothing less than LAN, wired, 0ms response time and only in the pro circuit, but it's not THAT bad playing on LCD/LED/Plasma[/QUOTE]

Could be better, it's shit compared to the EVO monitor. At least it's not as bad as Samsung's garbage ass TVs.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is still $499.99 at FYE/Transworld stores BUT they have a $100 mail-in rebate offer with purchase of it. So if perhaps you could find a way to convince a manager there to actually drop it the $100 everybody else pretty much has already, then that'd make this $299.99 after MIR.;)[/QUOTE]

That's pushing it!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The input lag on this TV doesn't matter much. Thanks to the PS3's inherent lag, every game lags anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, combined with this TV, you're looking at about 6 frames of input lag.

[quote name='gamerguy73']That's pushing it![/QUOTE]
Oh I know. I figured Transworld Entertainments' chains of stores wouldn't have dropped the display like the rest of the chains/sites have already. But then again their chains are overpriced to begin with(FYE especially, $20 for a normal DVD, $16+ for a frickin' CD:roll:).

Only good time to shop those stores is when they're having a promo like now(buy 3, get 4th free on all used products). But even the used titles are overpriced.:whistle2:#

[quote name='ShadowSx']$399 for a 24" display? Must be a joke.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can't agree more it's kidding or a fraud...
never try it for the money lost..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back