Playstation 3DTV bundle w/Uncharted 3 Bonus game @ gamestop

I think $300 would be a sweet spot for this, $500 is just too much when I know I could probably get a 50" for the same price.

sure, it is a good quality 3D monitor tv, so it would be fair to say that it should be around $300. the good quality monitor with the same size is around $150-200, so for 3D tech and the others, $300 would be a fair price. If it goes down to around $200, then it would be a good deal.

[quote name='Enuf']it's a top quality 3D tv that's why it's so small if they made a larger one expect larger sticker shock.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296541[/QUOTE]

The idea is great but the fact that it's a 24 inch TV is a total waste. Could be good for people using it as a computer monitor, too? I don't know. I have a 58" 3DTV and love it, but there's no way I want to sit 2 feet from my TV in a desk chair to play for hours on end...especially in 3D.

Like everyone else says, if it were in the 300 range I would jump on it, 24" would have to be an occasional use screen not my full time game tv.

[quote name='infini2001']sure, it is a good quality 3D monitor tv, so it would be fair to say that it should be around $300. the good quality monitor with the same size is around $150-200, so for 3D tech and the others, $300 would be a fair price. If it goes down to around $200, then it would be a good deal.[/QUOTE]If they were to offer a 32", 37" 42" expect $1200/$2000/$2800 price range. A yr from now it'll get to your price range but that depth & 3D at the same time seems to be a big deal.

i paid $450 for my 32" samsung led lcd...so imo, this is a fair deal. i think it's a led 24" displaying 1080p and 3d. not sure if you can find a cheaper 3d able led lcd tv in this size.

[quote name='Enuf']If they were to offer a 32", 37" 42" expect $1200/$2000/$2800 price range. A yr from now it'll get to your price range but that depth & 3D at the same time seems to be a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has a 47" LG 1080p LED 3D tv bundle for $1199.96. It includes 6 pairs of 3D glasses, a 4gig Xbox 360 and Halo Anniversary. So $500 for a 24" tv with a couple of games is a bit overpriced. Add a PS3 with this and it's now $750.

Passive and active 3D are somewhat different. Bestbuy has a good deal if you have the cash and space for that tv..six pairs of glasses is for a 3D party lol ..As for me, I bought my first hdtv in 2006 for $799,,mostly for gears of war 1.

That tv was 24" and i still have it and love it.So this tv bundle thats has good games with it is awesome for me and my room.

Also xbox does'nt play bluray 3D ,..so at bestbuy the deal is kinda backwards. Buy this tv ,get glasses and xbox with game. You cant watch movies unless you get bluray 3d player (aka ps3)Just my opinion.

Greedy sony should stop charging premium on failing 3D tech .Only james Camercon can save 3D sinking boat and he supports panasonic brand though Samsung is superior .

$300 perfect price within 2 months it'll bite dust and then i'll consider .

I am probably the only guy in this thread that bought the monitor. I preordered before Oct. 1st and got the three games (Motorstorm, resistance 3, and uncharted 3).

While I agree that the monitor is a bit small, the quality is great. It's a 24" LED monitor (I have no idea why they market this as a TV) with 240hz and active 3D. I've been playing MW3 on 360 on it and everything looks great. Great refresh rate for gaming, colors are vibrant, and the speakers are decent for a monitor with speakers.

Four years ago I bought a Gateway 24" FHD monitor for $400. While $500 is a pretty big asking price, I think quality speaks for itself. Yeah you can go buy a PASSIVE 3D TV for around the same price, but again it is passive and not active. It might not even boast the same specs (1080p w/ 240hz, LED backlighting). I already have a 42" LG 1080p LCD so I didn't mind downgrading in size. I usually prefer multiplayer FPS on a monitor anyways.

I am using dual monitors right now and as one would expect, the monitor works great for an extended desktop (or primary for that matter). All I am saying is that although the asking price is high, the quality speaks for itself. Obviously at $500 Sony isn't expecting everyone to buy it. It is definitely for a niche market.

Does it not have a tv tuner? $500 is a good price especially since it comes with the games and glasses. $500 is the standard price for 3D monitors, and this has, I assume a VA panel so it's definitely a good deal. If it came out when R3 actually came out I probably would've bought it.

Samsung is not a superior 3D TV to the Panasonic. I say this as a Samsung 3D owner too. My brother in law has the Panasonic and it has a better 3D picture. As far as this deal, I think I might grab it for my office.

[quote name='D.Choy']I am probably the only guy in this thread that bought the monitor. I preordered before Oct. 1st and got the three games (Motorstorm, resistance 3, and uncharted 3).

While I agree that the monitor is a bit small, the quality is great. It's a 24" LED monitor (I have no idea why they market this as a TV) with 240hz and active 3D..[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing at gamestop. Got all 3 games. I was thinking about it being a tv because of the 2 hdmi ,1 component outputs. If you go lookingfor a basic monitor it has less outputs, like vga and maybe hdmi.
Example would be target has monitors on the side ,.while TVs go in front of section.They're all displays i guess we can say.

This display is very nice quality good sir , like you said it's small but awesome for small closed rooms..Resistance after you get out of the house at the begining looks awesome the grass and depth of everything,looks gnar..im happy someone got this bundle.

As for a tv tuner, I think thats the bolt looking thing with a male and female cable wire . Thats old schoold. Most tv's do have it. Most cable co. have hdmi and component signal thru their cable?boxes..;)This display has no bolt for cable, it has hdmi and component for full HD and 3D though.

[quote name='D.Choy']I am probably the only guy in this thread that bought the monitor. I preordered before Oct. 1st and got the three games (Motorstorm, resistance 3, and uncharted 3).

While I agree that the monitor is a bit small, the quality is great. It's a 24" LED monitor (I have no idea why they market this as a TV) with 240hz and active 3D. I've been playing MW3 on 360 on it and everything looks great. Great refresh rate for gaming, colors are vibrant, and the speakers are decent for a monitor with speakers.

Four years ago I bought a Gateway 24" FHD monitor for $400. While $500 is a pretty big asking price, I think quality speaks for itself. Yeah you can go buy a PASSIVE 3D TV for around the same price, but again it is passive and not active. It might not even boast the same specs (1080p w/ 240hz, LED backlighting). I already have a 42" LG 1080p LCD so I didn't mind downgrading in size. I usually prefer multiplayer FPS on a monitor anyways.

I am using dual monitors right now and as one would expect, the monitor works great for an extended desktop (or primary for that matter). All I am saying is that although the asking price is high, the quality speaks for itself. Obviously at $500 Sony isn't expecting everyone to buy it. It is definitely for a niche market.[/QUOTE]

Is the monitor really 240hz? Sony sometimes claims 240 with Motionflow, but actually it's just a 120hz refresh rate that is enhanced to look as smooth as 240 because of Motionflow. On the EX720 televisions this year, they had to revise their product description after a number of consumer complaints. If it is true 240hz, that would be very, very impressive.

While its way out of my price range if you go to Newegg and look at 23" 3D monitors this price isn't as bad as it first seems. this also has speakers and subwoofer. It's actually a good monitor if that's what you want, but it isn't a tv and I wouldn't bother hooking up my PS3 to something that small.

So who is actually willing to give up 16"-22" for 3D functionality? Unless you have space constraint, I just don't see anyone will to trade off the bigger size for 3D functionality. Am I missing something here?

bread's done
Back