PlayStation 4 500GB Console - Uncharted 4 Limited Edition Bundle $399.99 @Amazon

They had the uncharted collection ps4 bundle for $240 this weekend at Sam's Club. They had orange stickers on them. Might be worth checking but is ymmv

Not sure the point of the post. These were announced about a month ago, maybe longer, and they were announced at the $399.99 price so it's not like this is a sale or deal

I, too, am confused about this post. It has been posted in the CE thread, there's no special deal, it's not hard to find (yet, at least). I wish there were a really good-looking LE console, though. I like the blue, but hate the graphics on the console. None of the PS4 consoles have looked even slightly good to me, they're pretty brutal to look at. The MGS one was OK, but really limited. The CoD one was so-so, but overpriced. The Star Wars one was fine, but the controller was awful and the console was really generic.

It's really hard to look at this for $400 and a 500-GB console when Newegg was/is giving you a 1-TB XB1 and 6 games for the same price. I wish I knew someone with a Sam's card to look for that Uncharted bundle for $240, though.

I, too, am confused about this post. It has been posted in the CE thread, there's no special deal, it's not hard to find (yet, at least). I wish there were a really good-looking LE console, though. I like the blue, but hate the graphics on the console. None of the PS4 consoles have looked even slightly good to me, they're pretty brutal to look at. The MGS one was OK, but really limited. The CoD one was so-so, but overpriced. The Star Wars one was fine, but the controller was awful and the console was really generic.

It's really hard to look at this for $400 and a 500-GB console when Newegg was/is giving you a 1-TB XB1 and 6 games for the same price. I wish I knew someone with a Sam's card to look for that Uncharted bundle for $240, though.
You thought the mgs ps4 was just ok? Man. That things is beautiful. But each their own of course.

I really like the outer box. I'm not a fan of the color or the graphics. (Actually, I don't like a large graphic on my console. But that's me).

As far as the X1, that's a stellar price. But again, each their own. I would never own an Xbox. Owned the first one and hated it. Never considered it again. Great deal though

You thought the mgs ps4 was just ok? Man. That things is beautiful. But each their own of course.

I really like the outer box. I'm not a fan of the color or the graphics. (Actually, I don't like a large graphic on my console. But that's me).

As far as the X1, that's a stellar price. But again, each their own. I would never own an Xbox. Owned the first one and hated it. Never considered it again. Great deal though
None of what you said about the XB1 makes any sense, really. No point in explaining why, because that honestly just sounds like brand hatred over anything else.

What the MGS console came down to:

1. I hold no interest in the franchise, so a console based on it doesn't matter much to me.

2. I hate gold on most everything.

The controller's a very nice gray, though. I think the best-looking console I've seen this generation is the Forza 6 one, that blue is perfect. I have the Halo 5 console, and it's pretty nice, though I wish they had made more use of the accent blue (like putting it on the controller's triggers).

None of what you said about the XB1 makes any sense, really. No point in explaining why, because that honestly just sounds like brand hatred over anything else.

What the MGS console came down to:

1. I hold no interest in the franchise, so a console based on it doesn't matter much to me.
2. I hate gold on most everything.

The controller's a very nice gray, though. I think the best-looking console I've seen this generation is the Forza 6 one, that blue is perfect. I have the Halo 5 console, and it's pretty nice, though I wish they had made more use of the accent blue (like putting it on the controller's triggers).
I wouldn't say brand hatred. I thought what I said about the X1 made total sense. I owned original Xbox it and hated it for my own personal reasons that I really didn't think was relevant at that point. Which led me to not wanting to further invest in a MS console. Thought that was pretty straightforward.

Anyways, as always, to each their own.

People still use AIM? :rofl:
All I can say is that at least 8 people in the world do. Why we aren't on Skype by now, I'm not sure.

I wouldn't say brand hatred. I thought what I said about the X1 made total sense. I owned original Xbox it and hated it for my own personal reasons that I really didn't think was relevant at that point. Which led me to not wanting to further invest in a MS console. Thought that was pretty straightforward.

Anyways, as always, to each their own.
It's kind of strange to base 2016 on 2001-2004, though. Everything since then is completely different (Halo), significantly better (Forza), new (Gears), or gone (MechAssault). I just don't see how the first Xbox defines the third, when the x86 architecture and Halo and Forza are about all they have in common.

What I said isn't to say you'd like the Xbox One, just that the reasoning behind your distaste is confusing. If you fundamentally don't like where Microsoft's current franchises succeed (racing, FPS, TPS, fighting), that's fairly common and understandable. Your logic is like how my dad won't buy anything MSi sells ever again because they sold him a bad motherboard and had bad customer support 20 years ago.

All I can say is that at least 8 people in the world do. Why we aren't on Skype by now, I'm not sure.

It's kind of strange to base 2016 on 2001-2004, though. Everything since then is completely different (Halo), significantly better (Forza), new (Gears), or gone (MechAssault). I just don't see how the first Xbox defines the third, when the x86 architecture and Halo and Forza are about all they have in common.

What I said isn't to say you'd like the Xbox One, just that the reasoning behind your distaste is confusing. If you fundamentally don't like where Microsoft's current franchises succeed (racing, FPS, TPS, fighting), that's fairly common and understandable. Your logic is like how my dad won't buy anything MSi sells ever again because they sold him a bad motherboard and had bad customer support 20 years ago.
I thought my logic was pretty solid. Again, it was personal feelings on where I wanted to place my cash. Never liked any of the Xbox controllers. I understand this is a debated topic but again, my choice. I can't stand the way the xbox looks. Any of them. I feel the PlayStation has always been a slicker design. Again, highly debated topic. All of which I didn't think was needed in my OP as that just stirs the pot for the fanboys. Of which, I am not. All those games you mentioned, while most likely great games, have no appeal to me, much like the MGS console that I love has no appeal to you. I think you mistook my personal feelings for maybe fanboy status which I guess could be understandable given where this conversation takes place. No where did I mention that the newer Xbox was bad in any shape of form. Just not for me.

All your genres that you say are succeeding on X1 can be played on the ps4. Maybe not specific games but every genre you mention succeeds just as well on the ps4.

As for your MSI reference, I think you misunderstood again. I never said I was burned by a og Xbox and that's why I don't purchase a new one. A better representation of my situation would be that be bought a MSI and was not a fan of the BIOS skin they use or the amount of settings they allow for overclocking and he prefers ASUS or eVGA for those particular reasons.

Off topic, but nice debate! Lol

bread's done
Back