PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Im really interested in battlefront. I think it would be cool to have a star war theme online MP. I really hope its good and not a laggy POS like Destiny is. No campaign would be disappointing, but ill wait and see as info comes out.

Im really interested in battlefront. I think it would be cool to have a star war theme online MP. I really hope its good and not a laggy POS like Destiny is. No campaign would be disappointing, but ill wait and see as info comes out.
Might be your internet, as this is the first time I have heard of Destiny being a laggy POS... What kind of speeds are you getting?

im baffled what people find so interesting in destiny. i get it, different opinions, but still... a boring grindfest no matter what is still a boring grindfest.

im baffled what people find so interesting in destiny. i get it, different opinions, but still... a boring grindfest no matter what is still a boring grindfest.
I dont get it either, I quit that shit a couple weeks after launch.

NPD numbers out... guess what... PS4 wins again!!!
Yeah Its was posted earlier, PS4 was up by 100k. I dont see MS winning a month until Halo comes out.

As you know, I have the game on PS4. It's extremely rare that I experience any lag in crucible. It has happened, yeah, but the number of occurrences in the past 7 months has been in the single digits.
Wow really? I experience lag most games. Often times i get killed after i am behind a wall by a gun that cant shoot through walls. I literally see the bullet trail go through the wall. I assume its just lag, and i was shot before i went behind the wall. But thats not the only thing. I see titans use their super, where i see the smash before i see them actually jump to do the smash. I get killed sometimes because it takes 1-2 seconds for my killing blow to register, which gives them enough time to kill me in return before they actually die. Most games i see more than half of the players in the lobby with red bars. The list goes on with how much lag i see. Maybe it is my connection, i am only getting 2.85MBps down, 0.42mbps up, and 29 ping. But idk, honestly i thought the game was generally laggy for everyone. I even talked to another guy that told me its better on X1 but still laggy. So idk maybe its better internet, or your location.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished my Resident Evil marathon. It spanned nine games and four consoles. It took a little over two months. Not counting the time I spent playing HD Remake before the PSN sale let me pick up the games I didn't have.

Resident Evil HD (PS4)
Resident Evil 2 (Playstation TV)
Resident Evil 3 (Playstation TV)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS3)
Resident Evil 4, Separate Ways (Xbox 360)
Resident Evil 5, Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape (Xbox 360)
Resident Evil: Degeneration (CG movie)
Resident Evil: Revelations (PS3)
Resident Evil: Damnation (CG movie)
Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360)
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (PS4)

It was my first time playing RE3, Code Veronica, Revelations, the RE5 dlc, RE6, and Revelations 2. I enjoyed all of them. The next Resident Evil has joined my list of day-one purchases. HD Remake really got me back into the series.

I do have a really fast connection with Verizon Fios, though I cannot recall the exact numbers right now. I think it's similar to what 8BitArtist gets.

I finished my Resident Evil marathon. It spanned nine games and four consoles. It took a little over two months. Not counting the time I spent playing HD Remake before the PSN sale let me pick up the games I didn't have.

Resident Evil HD (PS4)
Resident Evil 2 (Playstation TV)
Resident Evil 3 (Playstation TV)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS3)
Resident Evil 4, Separate Ways (Xbox 360)
Resident Evil 5, Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape (Xbox 360)
Resident Evil: Degeneration (CG movie)
Resident Evil: Revelations (PS3)
Resident Evil: Damnation (CG movie)
Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360)
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (PS4)

It was my first time playing RE3, Code Veronica, Revelations, the RE5 dlc, RE6, and Revelations 2. I enjoyed all of them. The next Resident Evil has joined my list of day-one purchases. HD Remake really got me back into the series.
Wow that's incredible dedication.. Code Veronica still stands as my favorite, but it was my first I played in the series and it was on the Dreamcast.

So i finally decided to look into the PS4s new button configuration, and i cant even change what i wanted to. Because i play Destiny so much, i wanted to move the touchpad button (when you press it in) to the R3 button so it would put less wear and tear on my touchpad. But you cant even configure the touchpad to anything else.

So i finally decided to look into the PS4s new button configuration, and i cant even change what i wanted to. Because i play Destiny so much, i wanted to move the touchpad button (when you press it in) to the R3 button so it would put less wear and tear on my touchpad. But you cant even configure the touchpad to anything else.
I haven't played Destiny but I would imagine it'd be difficult to move the TouchPad input to anything. For games that use it to switch weapons or to move around the map.

Is there anyway to get rid of the "player you may know" in the news feed or friends list sections? For whatever reason its showing 1 guy from my facebook friends list and it wont let me remove it. I tried sending him a request, but then deleted it a few days after no reply. Then he is back, and i have to see his facebook photo on my ps4. I even logged out of my facebook from my ps4. But its still there. It used to show like 20-50 people, but now its just that one guy all the time.

Trophies haven't been made official, but the achievements for The Witcher 3 have been revealed...  Worst looks like death amrch difficulty, rumors are it could include perma-death  :bs:

The Witcher 3

No plat attempt from me if true, but I will try for everything else  :joystick:

cloud save back up. problem solved.
Do you mean to "cheat" permadeath? I figured there'd be a way around it. The idea of permadeath in certain games always seems awesome to me, until I actually try it and die lol. I really wanted to get into Don't Starve a lot more but hated starting all over every time I got too brave and failed. I guess that's actually the point of it. The Science Machine was always intriguing to me, I loved finding new items to create. Then after you create a new item, you find out, that item can be used to make another item. Every time I started, not only would I find something new to build, I'd come acrossed a different way to die. Lol good times.

Do you mean to "cheat" permadeath? I figured there'd be a way around it. The idea of permadeath in certain games always seems awesome to me, until I actually try it and die lol. I really wanted to get into Don't Starve a lot more but hated starting all over every time I got too brave and failed. I guess that's actually the point of it. Every time I started I'd come acrossed a different way to die. Lol good times.
yes, uploading your cloud save and the redownloading it gets around pretty much every "rogue like" permadeath type crap

Did anyone get Shovel Knight yet? I thought about it, but I already have too much to play. Might just wait for a sale a few months from now. I also just bought my first N3DS, so I was considering picking it up on there. It'd be nice to have on the PS4 & Vita both though. I know it's cross buy, but does anyone know if it's cross save? That'd definitely sway me to Playstation, just to have a choice.

Did anyone get Shovel Knight yet? I thought about it, but I already have too much to play. Might just wait for a sale a few months from now. I also just bought my first N3DS, so I was considering picking it up on there. It'd be nice to have on the PS4 & Vita both though. I know it's cross buy, but does anyone know if it's cross save? That'd definitely sway me to Playstation, just to have a choice.
I agree, this spring fever promotion has seen everything priced about $5 too high. Had everything been $5 lower I would have bought everything, instead I have passed on everything and will wait for sales. Which is crazy because when these games were first announced I thought for sure I would have bought at least 4 of them without hesitation.

Is there anyway to get rid of the "player you may know" in the news feed or friends list sections? For whatever reason its showing 1 guy from my facebook friends list and it wont let me remove it. I tried sending him a request, but then deleted it a few days after no reply. Then he is back, and i have to see his facebook photo on my ps4. I even logged out of my facebook from my ps4. But its still there. It used to show like 20-50 people, but now its just that one guy all the time.
That's kinda creepy.

I agree, this spring fever promotion has seen everything priced about $5 too high. Had everything been $5 lower I would have bought everything, instead I have passed on everything and will wait for sales. Which is crazy because when these games were first announced I thought for sure I would have bought at least 4 of them without hesitation.
im in the same boat. i bought hotline miami 2 for $15 and i wish i didnt and waited till it dropped cuz i ended up not liking it as much as the first. i was super excited to see titan souls $9.99 and then apparently that was a mistake and they jacked it up to $14.99. if they had a deal like buy 3 get one free or something, i would have bit on way more games. i still want titan souls, bastion, axiom verge and shovel knight, but all of them should have been cheaper

This. You're doing yourself a disservice if you're letting price get in the way of enjoying this game.
It's not actually price, making me wait.

Most of the games on the right shelf are still sealed.
[attachment=14012:image.jpg]
I'm just horrible at managing my backlog. Normally between working 60hrs/week, spending time with my wife, and two children, by the time I have any time to myself, I either eat, catch up on tv shows, or just sleep.

The most time I get to play games is when my kids want to play a game. I actually played P.T. the other night for the first time, only because my son wanted to play it.

Edit: ESO beta starts tomorrow, did anyone get a key. I didn't, but I'm not sure if I even signed up.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
I'm just horrible at managing my backlog. Normally between working 60hrs/week, spending time with my wife, and two children, by the time I have any time to myself, I either eat, catch up on tv shows, or just sleep.

The most time I get to play games is when my kids want to play a game. I actually played P.T. the other night for the first time, only because my son wanted to play it.

Edit: ESO beta starts tomorrow, did anyone get a key. I didn't, but I'm not sure if I even signed up.
Same boat as you... I was doing really well for a while, but in the last month my PS4 backlog has swelled to 9 thanks to sales and Best Buy giving me $80. Not to mention I already have Witcher 3 and Batman paid for...

And people say the PS4 has no games! =P~

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Same boat as you... I was doing really well for a while, but in the last month my PS4 backlog has swelled to 9 thanks to sales and Best Buy giving me $80. Not to mention I already have Witcher 3 and Batman paid for...

Yea I have The Witcher preordered as well. My plan is to finish Dying Light and beat the MKX story before The Witcher releases, then jump right into it.

image.jpg
No worries, I actually have a pretty decent backlog myself... I never even completely finished Shovel Knight on Wii U, but I still re ought it for PS4.

My comment was mostly directed to the guy that was only complaining about the sale prices for the Spring Fever games.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Nice collection of games, I see you have The Crew sitting there. That's my next game after I finish Final Fantasy Type-0 which I hope to finish The Crew before The Witcher comes out which I also have pre ordered (thanks Best Buy for GCU and $10 cert), but from what I read the crew is like a 100 hour plat.. Then The Witcher is probably a 200 hour plat.. looks like that will take me to e3..

bread's done
Back