PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

I didn't subscribe to PS Plus to watch shitty movies.
youre right, no one did. we subscribed to get a ton of free games, which weve been getting. who cares if they are throwing in some shows?

its like people who say "i didnt buy my ps4 to play indies". well no shit you didnt, but they are very welcome to fill in the gap between big named AAA titles.

Uncharted 4 trailer looked incredible.  No gameplay obviously.  The Last Guardian didn't even have a trailer this year.  It's either cancelled or it's got another 2 years to go.  Pretty soon it's going to hit Duke Nukem numbers.

All and all that was a pretty good conference. Lots of surprises if no Megatons besides Uncharted 4. Didn't much care for the middle part of the conference but that was the only low point. When they talked games they knocked it out of the park.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, pretty bummed about no Last Guardian. 5th straight E3 without any mention of the game. 

Great, now I gotta find somewhere to watch that Uncharted 4 trailer. Unbelievable that Twitch cuts off exactly as they show it and comes back only when they show the post-trailer logo. This about the only time of the year when G4 was good for something. 

with gta v thing reason why all stuff can transfer is because when you play gta v online you can connect with your rockstar club account which keeps track of your rank on servers

Overall thought the conference was terrible. They had more time than Microsoft and overall underdelivered.

Suda 51 Exclusive might be interesting but other than that they didn't show any new surprises other than maybe GTA5 but people already knew a next-gen version was coming based of rumors.

Other then that they had too many GCI trailers for games like Blood Borne, and Uncharted 4, The Last of Us didn't get a gameplay trailer so it still remains to be seen just how visually upgraded it is. They showed a lot of third-party games and really put a focus on Destiny. 

Playstation Vita got completely swept under the carpet. There's no denying it's a dead platform now they didn't announce any new AAA game for it, and it sounds like they've completely given up on it. 

On another note I'm shocked The Last Guardian wasn't even given a trailer, their new CEO says it isn't cancelled but they don't even have anything to show for it. I wonder if the games been constantly getting reworked over and over.

5/10 

Overall thought the conference was terrible. They had more time than Microsoft and overall underdelivered.

Suda 51 Exclusive might be interesting but other than that they didn't show any new surprises other than maybe GTA5 but people already knew a next-gen version was coming based of rumors.

Other then that they had too many GCI trailers for games like Blood Borne, and Uncharted 4, The Last of Us didn't get a gameplay trailer so it still remains to be seen just how visually upgraded it is. They showed a lot of third-party games and really put a focus on Destiny.

Playstation Vita got completely swept under the carpet. There's no denying it's a dead platform now they didn't announce any new AAA game for it, and it sounds like they've completely given up on it.
No need to buy a PS4 or Xbox One this year.

Yeah, pretty bummed about no Last Guardian. 5th straight E3 without any mention of the game.

Great, now I gotta find somewhere to watch that Uncharted 4 trailer. Unbelievable that Twitch cuts off exactly as they show it and comes back only when they show the post-trailer logo. This about the only time of the year when G4 was good for something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CPhAdHCTLM

Order 1886 looked great, really looking forward to that one. LittleBigPlanet 3 was a surprise for me, I thought LBP Vita was the last entry in the series, so to add that to the fall lineup was great I just hope I can fit it in as between PS4 and X1 there is a lot I want in the fall. Grim Fandango remake was great to hear, Arkham Knight looks amazing, wish they had talked more about Vita plans or at least ONE first party Vita title to show they have not abandoned it.

And then Uncharted 4!! I will probably watch that trailer a dozen times tonight.

Microsoft's conference was definitely stronger though. I liked how their focus was an hour of "These are games you can play THIS YEAR" while Sony's seemed more 2015 focused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuTBnW2yen0

bread's done
Back