PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Sorry, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Eternal sonata... all were games that were hyped as MS exclusives. I love how you say well it was 5 years so it doesn't matter. The fact is is that all the exclusives were timed and then it was the developers choice to make it for the other system after the timed exclusive. Just state that and say it is a timed exclusive, if it then never goes to the other platform because the developer doesn't want to put in the time then MS doesn't look the worse. But instead they tout it is only played on Xbox, it is an exclusive, it will never be on PS.
Again you say that man, but you aren't giving me articles saying they specifically said that. It was a long time ago and my memory along with many other's (Perhaps yours) is probably faded on those specific details. I kind of find it hard to believe anybody hyped up Lost Planet to begin with.

Also if I'm not mistaken Dead Rising 1 never came to the PS3 so they weren't at all being deceptive saying it was an exclusive.

But I'd prefer if this argument just stopped overall. I doubt you'll show proof and we're just dragging this into the pit of off topicness.

You got proof? I don't see titanfail coming to ps4 until 2nd one. Stop being butt hurt. This is people fault for being fan boys and owning one system. Own all and enjoy all games stop crying when things like this happen.
Oh I'm not crying about it being one system or another. You misunderstand me. While I'm more of a PS4 person this generation the Xbox fans of TR will in the end get screwed. What will happen is this game will come out for Xbox one and will shake free all the bugs and DLC, then the later versions will get a more polished version. My commentary is more around that these timed exclusives do not benefit anyone other than the system owner, and depending on the amount of the payoff sometimes the developer. The developer really needs to think about the balance of making money vs. alienating an audience.

Timbo, I know your on your defenses but you need to relax quite a bit.

I have to laugh about the Tomb Raider "debacle".  Do you think that Square Enix and Microsoft didn't think that the "deceptive wording" wouldn't come around and be cleared up?  The wording was very deliberate, and I don't think it was meant to deceive.  It was meant to cause a stir and get people talking.

And guess what?  Everyone took the bait.  Hook, line and sinker!

So what are everyone's "Buy" titles moving into the end of the year?

My list (Atleast for PS4) is as followed: Drive Club, Call of Duty AW, Far Cry 4, and Journey Remastered.

I was going to get FC4 on PC but then I remembered how crappy Ubisoft's latest PC games have been and I forgot that the main studio isn't even working on the PC version.

Was also going to get COD on Xbox but then I figured PS4 has a much larger console base, and with a lot of Xbox people jumping over I'm hopeful it'll still have a large healthy community. Also Halo comes out in the same month so I figured that would hurt the Xbox One's community.

Obviously I'm interested in a lot more titles like ACU, and Shadows of Mordor/Evil Within. But these are the titles I'll buy day one (Or Zero). Everything else I'll get at Black Friday or during the holiday sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm for sure getting Madden, NHL, and GTA V... I really want Shadow of Mordor and I will obviously try out the free version of Driveclub.

I have to laugh about the Tomb Raider "debacle". Do you think that Square Enix and Microsoft didn't think that the "deceptive wording" wouldn't come around and be cleared up? The wording was very deliberate, and I don't think it was meant to deceive. It was meant to cause a stir and get people talking.

And guess what? Everyone took the bait. Hook, line and sinker!
Nah, they were trying to make it seem like this was a full exclusive. All it did was bring a shitstorm of hate and negativity for them across all social media. Thats why they felt the need to come out and say that it has a "duration", no way did they want to make it known this early.

My list (Atleast for PS4) is as followed: Drive Club, Call of Duty AW, Far Cry 4, and Journey Remastered.

I was going to get FC4 on PC but then I remembered how crappy Ubisoft's latest PC games have been and I forgot that the main studio isn't even working on the PC version.

Was also going to get COD on Xbox but then I figured PS4 has a much larger console base, and with a lot of Xbox people jumping over I'm hopeful it'll still have a large healthy community. Also Halo comes out in the same month so I figured that would hurt the Xbox One's community.

Obviously I'm interested in a lot more titles like ACU, and Shadows of Mordor/Evil Within. But these are the titles I'll buy day one (Or Zero). Everything else I'll get at Black Friday or during the holiday sales.
PS4

*Destiny (a couple of my buddies from college are buying it on X1 and I would like to tackle Raids with them...decisions, decisions)

Far Cry 4

FIFA15

X1

FH2

SO

HMCC

Wii U

Bayonetta 2

Super Smash Bros (whenever it comes out)

I'll also pick up one of these three Dragon Age/COD/ACU.

I know for certain Im getting Destiny and Driveclub, I know my friends will be picking up COD so I probably get that as well. The end of the year is so jammed packed with games its going to be tough trying to pick and chose which ones to get.

I'm not going to do your work for you.
if youre going to post a list of "CURRENT RELEASED GAMES" to compare how many indies there are to how many retails there are, you should actually list them all to accurately convey your argument. when you miss obvious retail releases like killzone, knack and assassins creed 4 (just to name a few) it just makes you look like a dumb troll.

if youre going to post a list of "CURRENT RELEASED GAMES" to compare how many indies there are to how many retails there are, you should actually list them all to accurately convey your argument. when you miss obvious retail releases like killzone, knack and assassins creed 4 (just to name a few) it just makes you look like a dumb troll.
Just ignore him. I've stopped replying to him since it pretty much sounds like he's trolling and trying to bait replies.

Games I plan to buy day one:

:ps4:

Madden 15 (thanks BB)
Destiny
Far Cry 4
The Order (thanks BB)

:xb1:
Halo Master Chief Collection
Sunset Overdrive

:WiiU:
Smash Bros

Gonna wait for a sale on:
:ps4: drive club
:ps4: AC unity
:ps4: NHL 15
:xb1: Forza Horizon 2

I've found that any first person shooter I buy, I will likely get on XB1. I find that the XB1 controller is still superior for shooters (IMO) so I have to get my shooters there. And since my favorite genre is FPS games, then the XB1 is technically my go-to system for my main games (except CoD, since I got a buddy on PS, so want to play with him). I'll probably buy any none shooters on PS4.

My buy list for this year.

Xbox One:

Destiny (chose XB1 simply cause I played the beta on PS4, XB1 and 360, and the controller on XB1 is still king for me for FPSs)

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Evolved (pushed back to early 2015, but I'll count it)

PS4:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (buying this for whatever system my friend does)

Lords of the Fallen (huge Souls fan, so I gotta get this still Bloodborne is out)

Tearaway Unfolded (I love Tearaway, I hope this comes out this year, day one buy)

Super Smash Bros. (both 3DS and Wii U)

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

(Sadly, got to many games I want, so had to cut out Dragon Age and Bayonnetta 2)

:3ds:

• Super Smash Bros.
  • Pokemon Omega Ruby
:ps3:

• Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix 
:xb1:

• Sunset Overdrive
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection 
:vita:

• DanganRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair
:ps4:

• Destiny
  • DriveClub [Would have waited for a sale but got in on that 20k points deal at Kmart]
  • Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 (Mainly for the sackboy plush 8-[)
Waiting for a sale (black friday?)

• Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
  • GTA V
  • Walking Dead Season 2
  • Assassins Creed Unity
  • The Crew
  • Far Cry 4
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue
  • Forza Horizon 2
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call
Well that is my list for the rest of 2014. I'm most likely setting myself up for a major backlog...

I actually got that list from the Sony site, so I can't help it they can't even get their own releases right.

Yes, let's insult people on the internet because you are too cool for everyone else.

Just ignore him. I've stopped replying to him since it pretty much sounds like he's trolling and trying to bait replies.
I'm sorry you're too lazy and ignorant to look up facts and participate in a constructive debate/discussion. This IS a discussion forum is it not? Oh well, not gonna lie...I won't be missing you.

I'm getting GTA V, Journey Remastered, and CoD: AW. I know Destiny doesn't really count as a holiday release but if it turns out good then I won't need any more games beyond those.

I have all Ubisoft games on my PC. The only thing I don't like about it is the stupid uplay. Other than that I have no beef with the PC versions. After all, these are the only versions with 4K resolution. ;)

I don't see why people care so much.  Based on the wording, it looks like it will go to Playstation platforms a year later.  That was MS's standard agreement policy back when the 360 was new after all.  Even if the game never goes to the PS platforms, who really cares?  An Xbox 360 is really cheap now and they're releasing it on that console as well.  You don't have to buy a $400 Xbox One to play the game, you can buy an Xbox 360.  More realistically, most people on CAG already have a 360.  I know I do.

I don't see why people care so much. Based on the wording, it looks like it will go to Playstation platforms a year later. That was MS's standard agreement policy back when the 360 was new after all. Even if the game never goes to the PS platforms, who really cares? An Xbox 360 is really cheap now and they're releasing it on that console as well. You don't have to buy a $400 Xbox One to play the game, you can buy an Xbox 360. More realistically, most people on CAG already have a 360. I know I do.
Going by the massive outrage this news caused yesterday Im gonna say a lot of people will care lol But MS already came clean and admitted that its timed so no need to worry. Im guessing they paid for a 6 month delay for PC and PS players. And are we sure this will be available on 360 at launch? Or is MS going to pull a Titanfall and delay that version too?

Going by the massive outrage this news caused yesterday Im gonna say a lot of people will care lol But MS already came clean and admitted that its timed so no need to worry. Im guessing they paid for a 6 month delay for PC and PS players. And are we sure this will be available on 360 at launch? Or is MS going to pull a Titanfall and dealy that version too?
they most likely will pull a titanfall and delay the xbox 360 for the next tomb raider game

Some Infamous First Light details. $15 For roughly 6 hours of gameplay sounds like a steal.

Not surprisingly, First Light will bring us back to Sucker Punch’s version of Seattle, an expanse you got to know well if you played through Second Son. But like Infamous 2’s standalone DLC, Festival of Blood, only a portion of the city will be available to play through; not the entire thing. The good news is that there seems to be a whole lot more to do in First Light than there was in Festival of Blood, which could conceivably be beaten in a couple of hours. First Light, on the other hand, should take four or five hours to complete, and that’s really only half of the story (more on that in a bit).

Now, I mentioned earlier that there’s another half to First Light, and frankly, it’s the part of the package I’m most excited about. There’s an arena mode tied intimately into First Light’s story that allows you to play Infamous in a more arcadey, score-based fashion. The arenas – plural – are based in Curdun Cay, the infamous (see what I did there?) prison where Conduits are locked away by the authorities. While First Light’s campaign takes place two years prior to the events of Second Son, Curdun Cay’s arena battles are based in the present, right before Delsin is unleashed on Seattle. It’s there that Augustine tries to interrogate Fetch, tempting her to give up information that would be extremely valuable to the DUP. All the while, she has flashbacks, hence the story portion of the expansion.

Speaking of Trophies, First Light is such a huge DLC expansion that it has a Platinum Trophy, therefore giving the entire Infamous: Second Son package two Platinums to its name. Oh, and you don’t have to have Infamous: Second Son to download it and play it, though if you do, you’ll automatically unlock Delsin for use in the aforementioned battle arenas.

Some Infamous First Light details. $15 For roughly 6 hours of gameplay sounds like a steal.

Not surprisingly, First Light will bring us back to Sucker Punch’s version of Seattle, an expanse you got to know well if you played through Second Son. But like Infamous 2’s standalone DLC, Festival of Blood, only a portion of the city will be available to play through; not the entire thing. The good news is that there seems to be a whole lot more to do in First Light than there was in Festival of Blood, which could conceivably be beaten in a couple of hours. First Light, on the other hand, should take four or five hours to complete, and that’s really only half of the story (more on that in a bit).
Now, I mentioned earlier that there’s another half to First Light, and frankly, it’s the part of the package I’m most excited about. There’s an arena mode tied intimately into First Light’s story that allows you to play Infamous in a more arcadey, score-based fashion. The arenas – plural – are based in Curdun Cay, the infamous (see what I did there?) prison where Conduits are locked away by the authorities. While First Light’s campaign takes place two years prior to the events of Second Son, Curdun Cay’s arena battles are based in the present, right before Delsin is unleashed on Seattle. It’s there that Augustine tries to interrogate Fetch, tempting her to give up information that would be extremely valuable to the DUP. All the while, she has flashbacks, hence the story portion of the expansion.

Speaking of Trophies, First Light is such a huge DLC expansion that it has a Platinum Trophy, therefore giving the entire Infamous: Second Son package two Platinums to its name. Oh, and you don’t have to have Infamous: Second Son to download it and play it, though if you do, you’ll automatically unlock Delsin for use in the aforementioned battle arenas.

I am looking forward to this. Sounds like a good deal to me. The neon powers were one of my favorite powers in the main game. Plus it seems you get a lot for your buck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG1tGOPi5Nw

I'm hoping Fetch doesn't play anything like Neon Delsin. I'm in the opposite corner since the Neon powers were the worst bunch in my opinion. I couldn't wait to get rid of them and then barely used them once I did.

I'm hoping Fetch doesn't play anything like Neon Delsin. I'm in the opposite corner since the Neon powers were the worst bunch in my opinion. I couldn't wait to get rid of them and then barely used them once I did.
I liked being able to run fast nonstop, not having to find a vent to get to the top of a building quick. Also i liked to use her precision sniping move that slows enemies down for easier targeting making most a one hit kill. But one of my friends didnt like the neon power much either.

That's really awesome that you don't need to have the inFamous disc to play the DLC. Like most cags, I imagine a lot of us sell/trade off our copies as soon as we finished it so it's an annoying step to have to reacquire the game just to access the DLC.

One thing I didn't like about SS was that it seemed like it actually took longer to travel from one point of the city to another. With Cole, you could ride the telephone poles which were nice because they were unobstructed pathways to get around. With SS, even using the neon powers required you to traverse buildings which seemed to slow you down more than Cole imo.

i am surprised no one mentioned the last guardian here yet. LOL
What about TLG? There wasn't any announcement I saw so there's nothing to even bring up. I refuse to acknowledge that game until Sony officially sets a release date. I'm beyond annoyed at the back and forth this game has gone through so I'm one of many that will just stay skeptical until something really happens. Until then, it doesn't exist in my mind.

or you could get some reading comprehension. either or though. lol
Did a quick calculation from this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

Still got about a 30% PS4 games vs 70% indie-station 4 games. So I wasn't that far off at all. I kind of wished that I had known the PS4 was going to be mostly indie games so I wouldn't have wasted my money.

Just for all the haters, I have no beef with indie games; I just rather play them on my PC which I have MANY indie games on(Papers Please, Bastion, Braid, etc.).

Did a quick calculation from this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

Still got about a 30% PS4 games vs 70% indie-station 4 games. So I wasn't that far off at all. I kind of wished that I had known the PS4 was going to be mostly indie games so I wouldn't have wasted my money.

Just for all the haters, I have no beef with indie games; I just rather play them on my PC which I have MANY indie games on(Papers Please, Bastion, Braid, etc.).
How is papers please?

Completely slipped my mind to mention it (And probably Sony's to) but I wonder what happened to any Deep Down news. I tried to Google Search but couldn't pull anything up. I don't think there's any release date news and that game seemed to have slipped under the rug for these conferences.

14733997137_f1ae042106_o.png

I'm not surprised The Last of Us Remastered did that well, the #2 game was Minecraft Xbox 360/PS3 so I imagine the month was pretty terrible minus TLOU which I heard sold very well.

PlayStation 4 game sales accounted more for than half of next-gen software sales, and it sold better than the Xbox One on all of the top 10 games except COD Ghosts (surprise surprise). Not surprising because at least for Watch Dogs the Xbox One got murdered and that version sold less than the Xbox 360/PS3 versions (PS4>Xbox 360>PS3>Xbox One>PC).

List below.

Software
1. The Last of Us (PS4, PS3)
2. Minecraft (360, PS3)
3. FIFA 14 (360,PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
4. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
5. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
6. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, PC)
7. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
8. Sniper Elite III (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
9. NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
10. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, 3DS, DS, PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, Vita, PC)

Really seems like their hope to get things going is the Master Chief Collection. I'm starting to actually get shocked now that everything they try to do doesn't seem to give them any kind of a boost.

Also, its funny how a lot of people were saying how the Last of Us Remastered was dumb and un-needed yet look how well it did and moved even more consoles lol

Just goes to show you how long bad PR can really stick with you, even a year after the fact.

Between all the controversy at E3 last year, the(since rectified) higher price point and the failure of Kinect 2.0, they've put themselves in a hole that's really been tough for them to climb out of.

I mean, don't get me wrong, they're doing just fine... It's just going to become increasingly more difficult for them to regain their crown in the US unless they really start to figure things out.

Just goes to show you how long bad PR can really stick with you, even a year after the fact.

Between all the controversy at E3 last year, the(since rectified) higher price point and the failure of Kinect 2.0, they've put themselves in a hole that's really been tough for them to climb out of.

I mean, don't get me wrong, they're doing just fine... It's just going to become increasingly more difficult for them to regain their crown in the US unless they really start to figure things out.
Pretty much.

I think there's a XB1 bundle releasing for every month the rest of 2014 as well. Not saying that's enough to overall push past Sony sales, but it will help no doubt. Madden and Advanced Warfare bundles especially.

bread's done
Back