PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

I need some advice fellas.  I have $50 amazon credit from cancelling my nhl 15 preorder and buying amazon gift card at gamestop.  Should I buy the playstation gold headset or a desktop amplifier for my my sennheiser hd 558s?   I would connect the amp directly to my monitor.  PS plan on getting an xbox one soon and would prefer everything to be wireless but it's not a dealbreaker assuming there aren't a million cables all over the place.  I'm thinking something like http://www.amazon.com/SMSL-sApII-Pro-TPA6120A2-Headphone/dp/B00J2P84YI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1410220133&sr=8-5&keywords=headphone+amplifier+powered paired with http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5596&seq=1&format=2 might be a better option.  Ps does the gold headset have a 3.5mm jack on the dongle?  Thinking that if I could get a rca to 3.5mm cable I could use it for my cable box as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
At midnight last night Destiny went on sale and this morning the PS4 shot through the one million sold mark in the UK. For Sony, Destiny is a system seller, with the £349 PS4 Destiny bundle the main attraction.

Sony UK boss Fergal Gara told Eurogamer the one million sales were through to customers, and the figure was based on official Chart-Track data.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-09-ps4-passes-1m-sales-mark-in-the-uk

PS4 has sold 1m units in the UK, making it the second fastest selling home console of all time.
The machine reaches the figure after 42 weeks. Wii managed the same feat in 38 weeks.
By comparison, PS2 hit 1m in 50 weeks and Xbox 360 took 60 weeks to hit that target. PS3 was quite quick to 1m, selling to that number by week 46.
And UK MD Fergal Gara has told MCV that many of the customers that have picked up PS4 have come over from Xbox.
https://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-hits-1m-uk-sales/0138062

Will try the free version of Driveclub. I have Forza Horizon 2 on preorder and Forza 5 downloading, but if Driveclub is good, then I may consider a purchase.

I been kinda very meh with Gran Turismo so racing games on PS have been very wait and see type of deal.

Will try the free version of Driveclub. I have Forza Horizon 2 on preorder and Forza 5 downloading, but if Driveclub is good, then I may consider a purchase.

I been kinda very meh with Gran Turismo so racing games on PS have been very wait and see type of deal.
I don't like sim racers pretty much at all. Burnout Paradise and the old Most Wanted are 2 of my favorite games of all time. Can't wait until something on par comes out. Seeing it's made by the motorstorm guys I will give it a chance. Every motorstorm after the first was pretty dang fun. Wish they would get back to the franchise. And EA cut the crap already Paradise City 2 please NOW.

I don't like sim racers pretty much at all. Burnout Paradise and the old Most Wanted are 2 of my favorite games of all time. Can't wait until something on par comes out. Seeing it's made by the motorstorm guys I will give it a chance. Every motorstorm after the first was pretty dang fun. Wish they would get back to the franchise. And EA cut the crap already Paradise City 2 please NOW.
my favorite racer last gen was split/second. man i had a fucking blast with that game.

Ps does the gold headset have a 3.5mm jack on the dongle? Thinking that if I could get a rca to 3.5mm cable I could use it for my cable box as well.
The dongle that comes with the Gold headset dos not have a 3.5mm jack on it. The dongle that comes with the Pulse Elite headset does have a 3.5mm jack on it.

The dongle that comes with the Gold headset dos not have a 3.5mm jack on it. The dongle that comes with the Pulse Elite headset does have a 3.5mm jack on it.
Ok good to know. I could bypass the dongle altogether though with something like http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5612&seq=1&format=2 plugged into the back of my cable box and just connect the 3.5mm cable to that? Or does what you're saying mean that anything connected to the dongle with a 3.5mm cable will be transmitted wirelessly to the headphones on the pulses? On a side note finally got around to playing stick it to the man and velocity+ or whatever it's called both really dang cool games and both 100% free from ps+.

15188270161_4ea81564e8_h.jpg

DriveClub will be getting free cars and tracks from its 8th October launch until next June.

Evolution also noted that the game currently has 55 routes and 25 tracks, but more free tracks will be added post-launch.

Additionally, the developer is going to add one free car every month from October until June.

Ultimately, the free DLC will include nine cars and 11 tracks, while the paid DLC will consist of 38 cars, 176 new events and 80 unique liveries.

Season Pass $24.99

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-10-driveclub-will-have-free-dlc-until-june
I like how Sony is doing DLC with their recent games. Making the tracks in Driveclub and multiplayer maps in Killzone Shadowfall for free. It helps to keep the player base together instead of fragmenting it.

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/509739247767928833

I like how Sony is doing DLC with their recent games. Making the tracks in Driveclub and multiplayer maps in Killzone Shadowfall for free. It helps to keep the player base together instead of fragmenting it.
Talking about player base are there any people actually playing warframe or should i just delete it off my harddrive? And why the heck are gamesaves like 100mb this gen? Can you get ps++ for more cloud storage?

Talking about player base are there any people actually playing warframe or should i just delete it off my harddrive? And why the heck are gamesaves like 100mb this gen? Can you get ps++ for more cloud storage?
I haven't touched any of the free 2 play games on the PS Store. None of them really interest me. Will definitely play Planetside 2 whenever that comes out.

Edit:

Viacom and Sony Reach Landmark Internet Distribution Agreement
  • Deal Marks Major Programming Agreement for Sony’s Forthcoming Cloud-Based TV Service in the United States
  • Twenty-Two Viacom Networks, including Comedy Central, MTV, Spike, VH1, Nickelodeon to be Available on New Service at Launch
  • The deal marks Viacom’s first-ever agreement to provide its networks for an Internet-based live TV and video on demand service.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140910005109/en/Viacom-Sony-Reach-Landmark-Internet-Distribution-Agreement#.VBBd-i5dWic

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/10/viacom-comes-to-sony-tv-service/

“Our new cloud-based TV service will combine the live TV content people love most about cable with the dynamic experience they have come to expect from our network,” said Andrew House, Group Executive, Network Entertainment Business, Sony Corporation. “Viacom’s award-winning networks are a perfect match for our new service, ensuring that our customers will be able to access the shows they love on their favorite devices, when and how they choose.”

The partnership unites Sony’s rapidly growing network and more than 75 million Internet-enabled Sony devices in U.S. living rooms with Viacom’s content portfolio, all of which have deep connections with today’s young adults. Viacom owns and operates the largest basic cable portfolio in the United States by audience share, including 25.9% share of basic cable viewership among young people aged 2 to 34*.

Ok good to know. I could bypass the dongle altogether though with something like http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5612&seq=1&format=2 plugged into the back of my cable box and just connect the 3.5mm cable to that? Or does what you're saying mean that anything connected to the dongle with a 3.5mm cable will be transmitted wirelessly to the headphones on the pulses? On a side note finally got around to playing stick it to the man and velocity+ or whatever it's called both really dang cool games and both 100% free from ps+.
Well, I haven't actually used a Pulse Elite, so what I'm saying is just from reviews I read while deciding on a headset. Once you plug the Pulse Elite's USB dongle into any USB input (a PC, a console, or wall charger) for power you can then plug any 3.5 mm device into the dongle's jack. The Pulse Elite headset will then receive the audio wirelessly from the dongle.

As for that cable, it says it's so you you could input a 3.5mm device to an audio system. I would think you could connect the RCA ends to audio outputs, then plug something like headphones into the 3.5mm end. But I don't know for sure if the signal goes both ways with that cable.

August NPD is out.

PS4 still number one selling console. Madden and Diablo both sold better on PS4 than Xbox One and I think that is including bundle sales but im not sure.

Numbers will prob be out shortly. A Microsoft rep says that Xbox One sells "doubled July" which I dont know if that could be right. It was reported the Xbox One sold 197,000 in july so that means it sold around 394.000 this month.

PS4 sold 269,000 last month so that would mean for PS4 to be number one it would have sold over 394,000.

Numbers seem to huge for both to be right lol

August NPD is out.

PS4 still number one selling console. Madden and Diablo both sold better on PS4 than Xbox One and I think that is including bundle sales but im not sure.

Numbers will prob be out shortly. A Microsoft rep says that Xbox One sells "doubled July" which I dont know if that could be right. It was reported the Xbox One sold 197,000 in july so that means it sold around 394.000 this month.

PS4 sold 269,000 last month so that would mean for PS4 to be number one it would have sold over 394,000.

Numbers seem to huge for both to be right lol

I think looking into it the Mircosoft rep meant "Xbox One soft ware" sales doubled which make more sense
Microsoft was referring to software sales but they worded it to read like it was hardware.

Unsurprisingly, Madden topped the charts. Analysts were predicting earlier this week that the football game from publisher EA Sports would perform well and even give a boost to the Xbox One since Microsoft was selling a game-plus-console bundle at retail. The chart above does not include bundled games, but even if you include those, PS4 Madden still sold better. Madden may have done that, but the standalone version sold better on the PlayStation 4 (as you can see in the rankings in the parentheses by each game). Action-role-playing game Diablo III, which finally debuted on the new-gen consoles, also sold better on PS4.
-http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/11/august-2014-npd-madden-sells-better-on-ps4-than-xbox-one/

It clearly states thanks to the "Xbox One Madden 15 Bundle" in numerous quotes, but numbers are still wait and see.

I expect September to be the same and possible at a wider margin since Destiny is all the craze right now and PS4 is the preferred platform for that game.  The free giveaways from XB1s still continue to improve sales as well.

October with Sunset Overdrive and November with AW/Master Chief Collection is where things will get interesting.

I have to send my PS4 in for repair, and I just got my most played game of the year in NHL. :(

It keeps spitting out the disc for no reason and then you gotta unplug it and drain the power just to get working again. I tried the video Sony put out the other day and of course their "fix" lasted maybe 12 hours. 

Have you tried any other games? Maybe your PS4 didn't know beforehand that NHL 15 was lacking so many features, and it simply got pissed off and refused to play it.

It clearly states thanks to the "Xbox One Madden 15 Bundle" in numerous quotes, but numbers are still wait and see.
Microsoft Clarifies Xbox One August NPD: Sales Only Doubled for Last Week of Month

• The second big item was Microsoft’s statement that the Xbox One doubled in sales for month-over-month from July to August. However, the numbers didn’t quite add up.

Microsoft has clarified, stating that the doubling of Xbox One sales during August were for “the last week of the month after Madden launched”. Basically, sales for the last week were a little less than twice that of the month prior, not the entire month’s sales.
So they did not double in sales for software nor hardware, just the last week of the month compared to last week of July. =I

I see that now, released today.

I'm not sure why would you want to brag upon that, but whatever PR spin helps I guess.

I stupidly sold my ps3 before deleting the cloud saves for it.   Now my ps4 is displaying the cannot upload message.  Is there anyway to manage the cloud online or on my ps4?

I stupidly sold my ps3 before deleting the cloud saves for it. Now my ps4 is displaying the cannot upload message. Is there anyway to manage the cloud online or on my ps4?
Not to my knowledge. On the PS4 under settings you can goto Cloud Storage but it's only for PS4 saves. Do you know anyone with a PS3? You could just log in on their system. I've noticed game saves seem larger on Next/Current Gen. NBA2K has a save that's 500MB, which is half of the cloud storage.

Not to my knowledge. On the PS4 under settings you can goto Cloud Storage but it's only for PS4 saves. Do you know anyone with a PS3? You could just log in on their system. I've noticed game saves seem larger on Next/Current Gen. NBA2K has a save that's 500MB, which is half of the cloud storage.
Yeah I have a friend with a ps3 I could try. Seems like a kinda big flaw in the system though.

I stupidly sold my ps3 before deleting the cloud saves for it. Now my ps4 is displaying the cannot upload message. Is there anyway to manage the cloud online or on my ps4?
Having cloud saves on your PS3 shouldn't impact your ability to upload cloud saves on your PS4. Sony gives you a total of 3GB of cloud saves split between 3 systems(PS4, PS3, PS Vita) at 1GB each. I still own a PS3/PS Vita with cloud saves and I get the cannot upload message sometimes on PS4(even though my cloud saves is not full on PS4). Just retry again or at a later time. That usually works for me, if not contact Sony for help.

Having cloud saves on your PS3 shouldn't impact your ability to upload cloud saves on your PS4. Sony gives you a total of 3GB of cloud saves split between 3 systems(PS4, PS3, PS Vita) at 1GB each. I still own a PS3/PS Vita with cloud saves and I get the cannot upload message sometimes on PS4(even though my cloud saves is not full on PS4). Just retry again or at a later time. That usually works for me, if not contact Sony for help.
I have ps+ though and a crap ton of games but not sure if it's actually full or not seeing how I can't seem to find that info anywhere. Honestly it's not too big of a deal if what you say is true but, it would still be nice to free up space.

any recommendations which new color scheme DS4 to get? White, Blue, Urban Camo?

Just picked up a white one this week myself. Thinking about trading in my black one to have the blue one also. Currently have 1 black and 1 white. I have the White DS3 and Clear Blue DS3.

Pretty sure that's just a custom paint job. I seen this a few months ago. I'd love to do something like this myself but I'm too afraid I'm mess it up. I have been debating painting the HDD cover on the pS4 since it's so easy to remove.

I have no idea what the hell is going on with this game! I accumulate alot of things, then get killed at night, and when the game loads again I've lost all my inventory! Don't even get me started on building a house!

One that's not owned by Microsoft.
I'm still dumbfounded by that. It's just... I mean, 2.5 billion? Seems like way too much money and they could have come up with much better ways to spend that much money.

I'll admit I may be a little biased as to not really understanding the appeal of the deal, as I don't like Minecraft and games of it's ilk, but still.

They could have took that money and actually put together some new studios. But from my understanding they did this mostly to make their mobile space stronger. Still doesn't make sense since its still going to be on iOS and Android and people still won't buy windows phones.

I just read they expect to break even buy the end of June 2015. They expect to break even in like 9 months. Yeah... I don't think Minecraft as a brand brings anywhere close to 2.5 billion in 9 months.

I think i read somewhere it makes about 300 million in profit a year?

They could have took that money and actually put together some new studios. But from my understanding they did this mostly to make their mobile space stronger. Still doesn't make sense since its still going to be on iOS and Android and people still won't buy windows phones.

I just read they expect to break even buy the end of June 2015. They expect to break even in like 9 months. Yeah... I don't think Minecraft as a brand brings anywhere close to 2.5 billion in 9 months.

I think i read somewhere it makes about 300 million in profit a year?
That's not what that statement means. It means that MS will make back around $25M or so, which is the same amount of interest the money would have generated if it sat in a bank account.

EDIT: It appears Polygon wrote a whole article on this. http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/15/6153497/microsoft-minecraft-2-billion-deal

I understand why they did it. Minecraft is huge and it is pretty popular. Now Microsoft will also receive income from all the Merch and toys that are sold. If I buy Minecraft PS4 Edition, they get my money too. Isn't that correct? I bet they have been trying to land this deal for awhile now. I just find it ironic that the PS4 version was released just two weeks ago.

On the other side. I don't agree with Microsoft buying companies and Exclusives just because they have the money to do it.

[quote name="Kazaganthi" post="12096984" timestamp="1410818767"]Yeah, but money that's in the bank can also still be spent. On something that will bring profit sooner than 15+ years.[/quote]

So what you are saying is that water is wet. Anytime you invest in something you are taking a calculated risk.

[quote name="Kazaganthi" post="12096984" timestamp="1410818767"]Yeah, but money that's in the bank can also still be spent. On something that will bring profit sooner than 15+ years.[/quote]

So what you are saying is that water is wet, great. I think it's fair to say that anytime an individual invest in something they are taking a calculated risk.

bread's done
Back