PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

So it appears the coop progress you make in FC4 and LittleBigPlanet3 doesn't save over to your game when you leave. Thats really stupid and makes me not want to play with friends.

Everything character progression wise carries over in Far Cry 4 I just checked my game after playing with my brother for several nights. Base/Fortress progress, side quests, and bell tower progress doesn't carry over, but honestly I'd prefer it that way so I have the option of either doing it myself or inviting him over and we can do it all again for fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say though that as much as I love Far Cry, I HATE that you cannot skip the cut scenes! And god help you if you die on a mission... you get the joy of sitting thru it again!

^ I dont know what the hell I just watched but I like it :) I must give this game a look soon.
basically a roguelike, bullet hell type game. thats the boss rush mode where you fight 30 bosses, 2 at a time in 15 waves and i plowed through them all in about 90 seconds because of my ridiculous OP build. every game has different power ups so no 2 games will ever be exactly the same. plus every level is procedurally generated as well. very VERY addicting game once you get the hang of it. best free ps+ game released on the ps4 so far.

Just locked in the $283 trade in value over at Amazon just in case they have a great Black Friday deal I have until December to ship it out so I won't lose anything for doing it.

I figured thought process wise is that I would like to get GTA 5 which would be a $50 cost anyway for me, so if I can sell the TLOU code for $25 then there's a $50 gap that hopefully something else included would fill. Additionally I'd be willing to fork over around that much if they have a decent deal on the White console bundle.

Just locked in the $283 trade in value over at Amazon just in case they have a great Black Friday deal I have until December to ship it out so I won't lose anything for doing it.

I figured thought process wise is that I would like to get GTA 5 which would be a $50 cost anyway for me, so if I can sell the TLOU code for $25 then there's a $50 gap that hopefully something else included would fill. Additionally I'd be willing to fork over around that much if they have a decent deal on the White console bundle.
GS at the moment is offering $325 if you use the bonus $50 TIV coupon. If the value holds, you'll have until Monday to trade it in.

Are there deals for that? Not usually. If you want to save money you do it after you're a member.

Last year you could spit and hit a retailer offering Gold and Plus for $25 - $30, this year nadda.  Looks like Microsoft and Sony looking to cash in this year.

Yeah I thought for sure PSN would have a sale this year again but nothing. Had I had known I would have just got PSN for $10 when Best buy had those "buy x game, get $10 off PSN" deals.

I was looking forward to a deal on plus this year too. I was actually expecting it, what a let down. Last year, did Sony have a Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale on the PS Store? If so when did it start? Really hope the lacking co op sale isn't supposed to be it.

It looks like people are listing LPB3 codes on ebay, I hope I can score one for under $40. I'll trade in my disk copy if I do.

Don't forget for any early Vita adapters you are getting money/stuff back.
I bought the Vita day one, how does this work?

It looks like people are listing LPB3 codes on ebay, I hope I can score one for under $40. I'll trade in my disk copy if I do.

I bought the Vita day one, how does this work?
Supposedly Sony already knows who bought early and will contact us via email with further details.

I don't really have any complaints with my Vita but if they're going to throw free stuff in my face I'm gonna take it. :lol:

how has the FTC not gone after EA or Ubisoft yet? if theyre going to go after companies for "false advertising" and "having things work how they are advertised", those 2 companies are at the top of the list for releasing broken shit.

how has the FTC not gone after EA or Ubisoft yet? if theyre going to go after companies for "false advertising" and "having things work how they are advertised", those 2 companies are at the top of the list for releasing broken shit.
sadly the error of game patches has allowed many games come out unfinished it's not just those two companys

One week away until the PS Experience event, theres a ton of crazy rumors out there now, there might be a Capcom exclusive announced. Im so ready!!!!! :bouncy:

Supposedly Sony already knows who bought early and will contact us via email with further details.

I don't really have any complaints with my Vita but if they're going to throw free stuff in my face I'm gonna take it. :lol:
Same here, I love my Vita but I'll gladly take whatever Sony sends my way. :D

One week away until the PS Experience event, theres a ton of crazy rumors out there now, there might be a Capcom exclusive announced. Im so ready!!!!! :bouncy:
Im excited to see what this is.

Resident Evil 5 Producer Jun Takeuchi has teased in the latest issue of Famitsu that he enjoys playing the console and enjoys developing a new project on it as well. He loves the system that Sony has given us and wants to create a game that is worthy of its design.

And Im hoping we see some UC4 gameplay at the show too.

And Im hoping we see some UC4 gameplay at the show too.
I dont know about a gameplay trailer, I bet they save that for E3. We'll probably get some new info though for sure.

lets hope sony santa monica announces whatever the hell they have been working on. excited to see their new IP
I wanna see Guerrilla Games new IP, the leaked concept art looked awesome.

60ade0f3jw1eke6m65xijj21kw148b29.jpg

I dont know about a gameplay trailer, I bet they save that for E3. We'll probably get some new info though for sure.

I wanna see Guerrilla Games new IP, the leaked concept art looked awesome.

60ade0f3jw1eke6m65xijj21kw148b29.jpg
fighting a robot dinosaur with a spear and bow and arrow? lmao... alright, ill bite.

It's been translated on several sites, just google egamon.

I will say that what most are pointing out is that "egamon" would be "no game" backwards. Some think it's just a new promotional vid for Sony in the Spanish markets, especially since it's only been mentioned on the Spanish PS Blog. I'd like to think it is actually something, but we'll know for sure come Friday.

This was posted over on gaf by a member who claims to know some stuff.

● Things we've been waiting for previously announced to make appearance

● Something that was much requested finally coming true

● And some announcement for a franchise that is going to be really interesting for people and cause some waves

"I know the details of two of the announcements, but the third was left blank for me with the emphasis that it is going to be a very considerable announcement."

I know we gotta take this with a grain of salt, but my hype levels are rising. :whee:

I will say that what most are pointing out is that "egamon" would be "no game" backwards.
could be an anagram for Game On too

edit: ● Things we've been waiting for previously announced to make appearance

OMG THE LAST GUARDIAN ON PS4!!!

My wishlist for the conference is:

-Remastered Uncharted Collection announcement. Release date around June/July of next year.

-PSN Name Changes.

-Announce an official media remote already.

-Show off some more Blood Borne gameplay.

-Announce a subscription program for PS Now. Price wise I don't know what to set it at, but I think $15-$20 a month would be reasonable and throw in a free trial for PS+ Members.

Dont think we will ever see a name change. They are pretty against it.

Yeah I really hope an Uncharted Collection gets announced and is out soon.

My Dream List

- New first party game reveal

- Third Party exclusive reveal

- UC Series remaster complete with UC2 MP

- New Trailer for UC4

- Guerrilla Games new IP reveal

- Some firmware related news (Suspend Resume, Custom Themes, DLNA support)

- Last Guardian PS4 relaunch trailer

- Knack 2

No I could see the name change as Shu has told the Podcast beyond guys they are still working on it...  It would be huge and make sense to announce it at a Sony Fan event...

I definitely could see Uncharted news (Remaster/gameplay trailer)

and I definitely think we get one game announcement from one of the first party studios (Guerilla, Santa Monica, Bend, Media Molecule)

Excited for this event and I am note even going!

Not nearly good enough. I can't fully control Netflix with it which makes in dysfunctional to me as is and using the controller is a poor alternative since the battery is so bad on it. I'm not particularly fond of having to turn my controller on and off whenever I want to pause a video or risk having to charge it after I get done watching Netflix.

[quote name="Kazeno Katana" post="12293218" timestamp="1417541681"]Not nearly good enough. I can't fully control Netflix with it which makes in dysfunctional to me as is and using the controller is a poor alternative since the battery is so bad on it. I'm not particularly fond of having to turn my controller on and off whenever I want to pause a video or risk having to charge it after I get done watching Netflix.[/quote]
Do any of the Logitech Harmony remotes work for the PS4? They could be an expensive option.

bread's done
Back