PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

I have a question about upgrading my hard drive in my PS4. I am going to open up my external hard drive and put it in the PS4. Could I just download the system files onto that hard drive and then open it up and put it inside the PS4? Or do I need to have a flash drive too?
You don't need to flash the drive, and the PS4 with format the drive once it's in. I believe if you are doing a backup it is not in the format that can just be accepted by the PS4..

Hi.

I'm finding a lot of old and scattered info about this and i wonder if somebody has a more specific answer...

Currently, the PS3 version of Minecraft is cross-buy wit the Vita version?

And if i get it, will i be able to download it also on PS4 for a small fee (Around $5 i guess...)?

Thank You

Hi.

I'm finding a lot of old and scattered info about this and i wonder if somebody has a more specific answer...

Currently, the PS3 version of Minecraft is cross-buy wit the Vita version?
And if i get it, will i be able to download it also on PS4 for a small fee (Around $5 i guess...)?

Thank You
I *believe* it only works that way if you buy the Vita version, but I could be wrong.

Buying on Vita entitles you to a PS3 copy, which then entitles you to the $5 upgrade.

Apologies if that isn't correct.

I bet the USA won't see the price drop till black Friday or Christmas time
Why would they drop the price at Christmas? The holiday shopping season is over and savvy shoppers who already bought one will just take advantage of holiday price guarantees which doesn't move consoles and just costs Sony money on PS4s already sold.

They also haven't released a price on the Star Wars PS4 bundle which has lead to speculation that a price drop is coming. Most are guessing it will be announced at the Paris Games Show Sony conference which is taking place on October 28th. Though I could see something official as early as today to coincide with the Japanese announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would they drop the price at Christmas? The holiday shopping season is over and savvy shoppers who already bought one will just take advantage of holiday price guarantees which doesn't move consoles and just costs Sony money on PS4s already sold.

They also haven't released a price on the Star Wars PS4 bundle which has lead to speculation that a price drop is coming. Most are guessing it will be announced at the Paris Games Show Sony conference which is taking place on October 28th. Though I could see something official as early as today to coincide with the Japanese announcement.
Actually the have. The regular one is $350 and the Vader one is $450.

Comes out Nov 17th so likely wont see a drop this year but likely next year.

Does anyone know the name of this game?!

>This One<

Looks pretty cool! But the video editor and the youtube publisher messed up,
and labeled it as Biohazard/Resident Evil...

Is it Dying Destiny of the Call Of Zombies: RE Edition? :whistle2:k
Not sure if you were being serious or not, but Capcom just announced that at Tokyo Game Show this week. It's a Resident Evil shooter. In Japan Resident Evil is called Biohazard.

The hardest thing about Persona 5 being delayed is I'm resisting the urge to view any more trailers or news because I want to go into in blind. I was hoping I was in the home stretch, but now it'll probably be at least another nine months. The last news I saw of the game was the trailer that first showed game footage.

Resident Evil Zero HD is another game I'm not looking at anything of. Other than voting for which dlc costumes should make it in to the game. As a reminder, if you vote for a dlc design you'll get a code where you can get the winning designs for free. I think there might be two weeks left to get a vote in.

http://game.capcom.com/bio0hd/en/

2016 is looking great. Resident Evil Zero, The Witness, Street Fighter V, and Persona 5.

CoD 3 Special Edition console announced.

Here.

21631831435_5db7aaf457_n.jpg
21631830965_10f287b308_n.jpg
21443932258_8207ae4550_b.jpg

What does that have to do with design or lack of design in this case?

We all know the PS4 is the more popular console.

I think both cod consoles look great, not sure why this has to turn into a console war especially when it's all going to be subjective anyway.

As for the bops3 ps4, I really like the orange and black contrast, really pops, and the controller looks great also.

That CoD PS4 not look good at all to me. The color scheme is just off and doesn't look like much effort was really put into the design of it.
Orange and black? You mean those two colors that always go together, especially around this time of the year? Lol

I mean hey, you're entitled to your opinion and all - it's fine. I'll agree that the top design is a bit lazy, but that's been Sony's MO of late. Whoever is designing/approving these seems to be into the whole simplicity thing.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that unless the system is off there's a giant light that runs through Vaders forehead on the Star Wars console?

Anybody play FIFA 16 and want to do pro clubs?

Haven't played FIFA for months, but feels very different to 15. Pace is nerfed big time and passing is more difficult.

Has anyone tried Soma? Really want to try it but I trust the community's opinions on if it's worth $27...
I would like to play it, but not for $27. If it was $15 or under I would have probably picked it up. I'm still waiting on a sale hopefully in the future. I watched someone play it on Twitch for a little while but couldn't get a feel for it.

Pretty sure you'd have to contact him and have it custom made. People do it all the time, pretty sure the prices are the same. Custom made things are usually posted to his Twitter account. Wish they would be added to his store as well.

Was hoping for a Plus game announcement this week, guess they're waiting until Thursday to do it?

Also it was announced the official Twitch app will come to Playstation this Fall. Personally I'm excited for the YouTube Gaming app.

I believe the voting isn't ever month. Haven't had any issues with 3.0 either but haven't noticed many changes. I don't have the Plus logo on the left side of my screen like in the previews either.

Microsoft has always been better at software updates. They are one of, if not, the biggest software companies around. They should have amazing software.

what happened? I haven't run into any issues
Nothing technical, its just the features they added kinda suck. No search function for communities, no reply button in said communities. Favorite friends are just one big group message. Stickers are stickers lol And Im not liking the new message screen with all the tabs on the left. Just gonna hope they add the customization options we've been asking for in the next update.

Yeah the firmware really should have been v2.6.. v3.0 makes it seem like a complete revamp which it wasn't.. in fact most of the additions are community nonsense I couldn't care less about..  That said I don't play the interface, I play the games so it doesn't bother me all that much.

I'm lukewarm on this month's PS+ games, not because they aren't retail games, more just because they don't interest me that much.. I'm one who prefers downloadables to retail games anyway because the retail games they might throw up on there can be had for cheap anyway whereas downloadables you have to wait for a sale to get on the cheap.

Sony made it quite clear the voting thing wasn't going to be monthly, and with how we ended up with the worst game of the 3, I hope we don't see it again personally.

The biggest software upgrade I ever liked was the ability to download updates during sleep or rest mode.  So I'm happy they already have that. 

What I really wish they'd give everyone is the option to download a particular game's patch prior to installation or full game download.  It's annoying to buy a game and have to wait for certain updates and patches to download before you get to play it.  It'd be nice if they could load it onto the PSN store so people could select it for download beforehand.  I know it might be unfeasible for certain Day 1 releases since those patches probably aren't even uploaded to the Sony servers until the day before release date, but it'd be nice to have some sort of option under the PSN store to download a patch overnight before you install a game so you can play right away.  If I was going to buy GTA V this weekend, I'd like to have the option to download the latest patches in the meantime instead of having to wait the extra hour.  Some games like that are so friggin' huge.

The biggest software upgrade I ever liked was the ability to download updates during sleep or rest mode. So I'm happy they already have that.

What I really wish they'd give everyone is the option to download a particular game's patch prior to installation or full game download. It's annoying to buy a game and have to wait for certain updates and patches to download before you get to play it. It'd be nice if they could load it onto the PSN store so people could select it for download beforehand. I know it might be unfeasible for certain Day 1 releases since those patches probably aren't even uploaded to the Sony servers until the day before release date, but it'd be nice to have some sort of option under the PSN store to download a patch overnight before you install a game so you can play right away. If I was going to buy GTA V this weekend, I'd like to have the option to download the latest patches in the meantime instead of having to wait the extra hour. Some games like that are so friggin' huge.
Yea GTA and the NBA 2k series were the longest update/install games I have ever had, other games were quick and I didn't really notice. but I love starting it up and seeing all I have to do is install a patch or update.

bread's done
Back