PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Yea GTA and the NBA 2k series were the longest update/install games I have ever had, other games were quick and I didn't really notice. but I love starting it up and seeing all I have to do is install a patch or update.
i love starting it up and seeing all i have to do is press the start button. lol

New FarCry game to be revealed soon! As someone that loves every game in the franchise, I'm super excited for this. FarCry Primal is rumored to be set in the Ice Age.

New FarCry game to be revealed soon! As someone that loves every game in the franchise, I'm super excited for this. FarCry Primal is rumored to be set in the Ice Age.
I love me some Far Cry (especially FC4), but I was really hoping they'd let the series breathe a bit instead of kinda annualizing it like AC.

I absolutely loved FarCry 3. Got every trophy except for the ones that required co-op. But FarCry 4, for me, was a chore to finish. In my opinion, it was literally the exact same game as 3 just in a slightly different setting. I hope they do something different for this one.

I absolutely loved FarCry 3. Got every trophy except for the ones that required co-op. But FarCry 4, for me, was a chore to finish. In my opinion, it was literally the exact same game as 3 just in a slightly different setting. I hope they do something different for this one.
I hate multiplayer trophies and I even got those for Far Cry 3 because I loved the game so much. I want to add they were actually a lot of fun also.

Sadly I have had Far Cry 4 sitting in shrink wrap since black friday, not sure why I haven't had the urge to play it, but I probably will soon. That said Far Cry Primal sounds really cool, I imagine it will be kind of like blood dragon but more serious.

So I'm going to try to unload my launch console soon in preparation for a new PS4 with the deals going on.  I'm still playing MGS V so I want to make sure I can transfer my save file to my new PS4.  Due to timing, I won't have my new console until after I get rid of my old one.  So just to confirm I understand the process right, after doing my own research let me know if I'm missing anything here:

1.  Go into settings and access the saved data management function and upload my save data to the cloud (PS+ subscriber here)
2.  Initialize my old system before I dispose of it
3.  Log onto my PS+ account on my new system
4.  Go into settings and access the saved data management function and download my save data from the cloud
5.  Pick up right where I left off with my MGS campaign on new console

So in summary, it seems pretty easy in that I just have to ensure I manually upload my save data to the cloud which will enable me to redownload it on the new system.  TIA

Theres a decent amount of releases tomorrow. It's the rush before the AAA Fall rush. Anyone picking anything up? I have The Talios Principle ordered, free $10 GC sold me. Not sure about anything else. Sort of thinking about Back to the Future for $16, but I bought it on ps3 and never played it.

Wow
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/12/rocket-league-goes-back-to-the-future/
I've been tempted to pick up Talios Principle, I've been wanting to play it for awhile. With everything coming out on the 27th though I decided to hold off for a price drop on that one. The 27th for me is Halo 5, WWE 2K16 (PS4 version), and the Xbox One Elite Controller. I am also considering getting Guitar Hero next week, but I want to wait for some reviews before I dive into it. I'm into the game going back to just being a guitar game, I have zero desire to own an army of plastic instruments these days.

Skip the elite controller. You can get like 3 games for the price of one controller. Doesn't doest seem worth it to me at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I just dont get it because I dont play like that but I just doesn't understand how its worth the price. Does it really make you better at halo and forza?

Player skill trumps all. But shorter response time on trigger pulls and button presses will help either give you a edge or even the playing field a little bit.

Still sounds a little excessive and over the top to me, but to each his own. That being said, if Sony came out with one and it felt/looked better than the OG DS4 I'd probably buy one. I couldn't care less about the supposed gameplay improvements though.

Skip the elite controller. You can get like 3 games for the price of one controller. Doesn't doest seem worth it to me at all
It's definitely not a cheap controller, but it's of a very high quality and comparative in price to other competitive gaming controllers on the market. For such a high quality controller, I don't mind paying $150 especially considering the standard controllers are $65 now and of much lesser quality than the Elite Controller. If Sony decided to release a similar controller for the PS4, I would buy it as well. Oct. 27th will not be a cheap day at Best Buy for me.

It's definitely not a cheap controller, but it's of a very high quality and comparative in price to other competitive gaming controllers on the market. For such a high quality controller, I don't mind paying $150 especially considering the standard controllers are $65 now and of much lesser quality than the Elite Controller. If Sony decided to release a similar controller for the PS4, I would buy it as well. Oct. 27th will not be a cheap day at Best Buy for me.
You should get the bonus points this month also. At least that's a positive.i. I don't really have time to play The Talios Principle either lol. Currently playing MadMax and Rock Band, and have Uncharted Collection & Wild Hunt dlc downloaded. Going to pass on Assassin's Creed and Guitar Hero(Don't want more instruments). Hopefully I'll finish most by the time Fallout/Tomb Raider release. Then I'll pick up Just Cause 3 in December, then hope to finish all by the time the Feb/March rush hits.

BTW FireWatch releases Feb 9th, anyone else excited for this game?

My son and I use controllers made by Scuff. I would gladly buy a sony made "elite" controller. Scuff's customer service has been great though. I play so much I wore out the custom thumbsticks out. They are fixing it for free out of warranty.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/ps4-universal-media-remote/122208

Anyone that doesn't want to wait, Gamestop has the new ps4 media remote on sale now. Most stores in my area have it available. Officially releases October 27th.
My Amazon order just delivered mine last night. Can't believe we had to wait all this time for them to make a friggin remote.

Anybody know how to fix the audio issue for Blu Rays on the ps4? My volume is way too low whenever I'm watching my Blu's on there.

I finished up the last chapter in Life Is Strange this week, I liked it a lot. Over the years my gaming tastes have definitely changed. I still play AAA games and will definitely get something like Uncharted 4 when its out but I can't be bothered with most games these days and have zero interest in games that are 100% mechanics like fighting games, skateboarding games, etc. I've found that I really like the new adventure games like LIS and the TT games that are 90% narrative and 10% gameplay. I do play multiplayer games with the kids like Mario 3D World and can still appreciate them for what they are but wouldn't play them single player. I guess I'm getting old...

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Anyone else excited for the conference tomorrow? I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. Not really sure what to expect, guess it'll be more in line with Gamescom 2014. Still find it weird, it's so close to PSX. With the info just leaked about future updates from a survey, I doubt that we will be getting any new features announced. The fact that it's the same day as the Halo 5 launch is either just by chance or they have something planned. Hoping for something being announced/released at the same time, like P.T. last year. Maybe a beta or demo for No Man's Sky? I was super interested in that game, but it's been way too long. If it doesn't release this year or with PS VR, I won't even care about it. Hoping to see more on Wild, Horizon, Uncharted 4, Rime, and FireWatch. Also what happened to The Forest and DayZ, both were announced last year, but haven't heard a peep on either. I'd like to see Playstation start a Early Access type program.

not really feeling that uncharted 4 MP reveal. i hated the uncharted 3s MP and was hoping it was gonna go back to the far superior uncharted 2's MP
I wouldn't say I hated it, but I was kinda hoping the MP would go back to UC2's more simplistic approach as well. I had fun with UC3 for a while though, but it wasn't on the same level as 2 like you said.

not really feeling that uncharted 4 MP reveal. i hated the uncharted 3s MP and was hoping it was gonna go back to the far superior uncharted 2's MP
I wouldn't say I hated it, but I was kinda hoping the MP would go back to UC2's more simplistic approach as well. I had fun with UC3 for a while though, but it wasn't on the same level as 2 like you said.
Wow, I'm complete opposite from you guys. I never got into Uncharted 2 multiplayer but played the crap out of Uncharted 3's... As a matter of fact it's to this day the only MP that I really got into, as I'm more of a SP person.

Something about it was fun even when you got your ass handed to you, and I enjoyed the hoard/arena modes. I'm hoping those make a return. Needless to say I enjoyed the trailer and it got me excited for the upcoming beta.

Wow, I'm complete opposite from you guys. I never got into Uncharted 2 multiplayer but played the crap out of Uncharted 3's... As a matter of fact it's to this day the only MP that I really got into, as I'm more of a SP person.

Something about it was fun even when you got your ass handed to you, and I enjoyed the hoard/arena modes. I'm hoping those make a return. Needless to say I enjoyed the trailer and it got me excited for the upcoming beta.
did you play uncharted 2s MP first? uncharted 2 MP, imo, was a masterpiece. it was a simple and fun MP where it showcased uncharted's strengths.

3 had those shitty kickbacks, the run mechanic (which i hated) and the stages just had too much going on. along with the quick scope sniping and mid air sniping, i thought it was just a mess.

did you play uncharted 2s MP first? uncharted 2 MP, imo, was a masterpiece. it was a simple and fun MP where it showcased uncharted's strengths.

3 had those shitty kickbacks, the run mechanic (which i hated) and the stages just had too much going on. along with the quick scope sniping and mid air sniping, i thought it was just a mess.
I did. I was even heavily involved with 2's beta and tried to stick with it a few weeks after launch. With 3, I didn't play the beta and completely ignored the MP for a while until I tried it on a whim... And then it hooked me. I even quite enjoyed the map designs and kickbacks.

Uncharted 4 multiplayer will have no dedicated servers

Naughty Dog confirmed last night that Uncharted 4’s multiplayer won’t be using dedicated servers.

Play will instead use a client host.

Lead multiplayer designer Robert Cogburn said: “We’ll still have a host, it’s still peer-to-peer.”

He didn’t elaborate on how host-switching would work in the event of players dropping out either intentionally or as a result of network problems.

Matches, he confirmed, would remain as five-versus-five, allowing for a maximum of ten players simultaneously.

The first chance to try out Uncharted 4’s multiplayer will be in the beta on December 4. Only one mode, Team Deathmatch, will be included in the test.

bread's done
Back