PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

While some people don't like them, I've been following and listening to them for years. Was watching a new KindaFunny Gamescast and they "plugged" CAG. Someone wrote in asking the best way to game on a budget and they said CheapAssGamer is a great website that will help you get more bang for your buck. Just got me so excited for so ome reason lol....the little things.

On Topic, can't wait for my son to open his PS4 tomorrow morning. He should be so excited. I think it might be his favorite gift, well the ps4 or the LeBron shoes. Hopefully I'll get to spend some time "setting it up" aka playing. The fact that I already have 40+ games for him to play is pretty sweet also.

Merry Christmas cheapassgamers! Hope everyone enjoys the day with family and friends!

Im really considering on buying a PS4.

Can anyone convince me even more to buy it?

Pros? and cons? Releases? 

I had the one before But i didnt like it.

there's obviously more on both ends but it's been a long day and that's all I could come up with tonight... If you're someone who hordes games (like me), do yourself a favor and upgrade to a 1 or 2 tb hard drive because that stock hard drive WILL fill fast!

Could you elaborate more on what your qualms were with it before? If I knew that I could possibly sell you on one again.
I had the Xbox One before not a PS4. But I am debating if I should get one or just not get one at all since its been almost 3 years already. Just need some people to convince to to buy one. All my life I was a playstation fan boy but the only reason I would consider a xbox was because all my friends had it..

For me personally, I know the PS4 is strictly a "exclusives" gaming machine for me as most people I play games with are on the XB1.  It won't get much burn a lot of time, but it's worth the investment to play some of the best games Sony has to offer.

This coming
I had the Xbox One before not a PS4. But I am debating if I should get one or just not get one at all since its been almost 3 years already. Just need some people to convince to to buy one. All my life I was a playstation fan boy but the only reason I would consider a xbox was because all my friends had it..

Oh, gotcha. I misunderstood your original post.

Well, if there was ever a time to jump on the Sony train, 2016 is the year. There's a crap ton of exclusives being released in 2016, and there are enough good exclusives already out to keep you busy until those start to trickle out.

XB1 tries to offer the "all in one box" entertainment experience, and they do it well. Lots of people like it. And while that's fine, IMO Sony is more games focused, even if they offer a lot of the same features to a lesser degree. Some view that as a negative, but it's why I use my PS4 so much. I want to play games and don't need all of that other stuff in the way. The network still needs some work and the store is complete ass, but they've come a long way.

As for the friends thing, obviously I can't speak for your personal circle but I've noticed a bit more of a shift. I play what I want anyway, regardless of who has which system.

does anyone know if the playstation vr is available to preorder anywhere? i couldnt find it on amazon and i currently dont have a voice fit for phones to call around, mainly im wondering if anyone has preordered it from gamestop.

does anyone know if the playstation vr is available to preorder anywhere? i couldnt find it on amazon and i currently dont have a voice fit for phones to call around, mainly im wondering if anyone has preordered it from gamestop.
I don't think they've ever announced a price or solid release date. Pretty sure there's no pre-order's available yet.

It's pretty fun trolling people when they are trying to extract their stuff in the dark zone. Throw grenades once everyone is congregated around the rope and take the loot for yourself.  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
cRnvNZn.gif

Sony has really been packing in with these LE console designs.

Well it's inching closer to the time I'll finally buy a PS4 though.  Will probably just find a great deal on a used one and pick up UC4 as my first game.  A Cowboom sale would be perfect.

The MGS 5(and the 20th anniversary if that counts) is the only good looking one, and it didn't even release in America.

I'm with you, I like the original design more than these "gaudy" limited editions.  I do love the white one though and would be all over it if it matched my other components.

Need some help deciding what racing game to get on PS4. Please note, Project CARS was terrible with a controller.

https://twitter.com/SynGamer/status/701173802055512064

Tried it, a bit too arcadey for me. Thoughe i had the PS+ version ony account but I can't find how to download it. I know it was removed to "purchase" bit I thought I would be able to download it again.
If your looking for a sim, driveclub may not be for you. I think the game is lots of fun. But I've always been a nfs guy. The latest version is lots of fun imo.

That's what I was going to say. TrackMania is basically a arcade racer.

Seems like your wanting a Simulation Racing game. Not really my type of game, but I'd think all are lousy with a controller. IMO Project Cars and DriveClub, are probably the best you'll get until GT Sport.

Holy crap, that new Uncharted trailer! fucking amazing! They might have seriously out done themselves. Looks like they are using the jeep alot. Happy see all the different environments that we will be visiting.

PS4 System Software Update 3.50 “Musashi” Detailed; Beta Starts Tomorrow

[customspoiler='Features']
Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.

Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.

User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.

Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.

Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.

Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services
[/customspoiler]

Screenshots

Last edited by a moderator:
PS4 System Software Update 3.50 “Musashi” Detailed; Beta Starts Tomorrow
[customspoiler='Features']
Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.

Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.

User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.

Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.

Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.

Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services[/customspoiler]

Screenshots
Wow. Between Sony finally giving notifications for friends coming online and Xbox finally allowing backwards compatible games to be bought on the One, they're finally getting to the things that never should have had to have been waited for in the first place!

bread's done
Back