PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Access Begins Tuesday for PS3, PS Vita

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
We hope you’ve been keeping track of all the recent updates on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale news, from an in-depth update on the PS Vita version to our behind-the-scenes look at mashing up different worlds, we’ve shown you what this game is shaping up to be…and we think it’s high time you try it out for yourselves!
Today, we’re happy to announce that the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta will kick off for PlayStation Plus members on PS3 tomorrow, October 16th and expand to everyone October 23rd through PlayStation Store! What’s more, as a special treat, PS Vita users will be able dive right into the multiplayer beta starting tomorrow – no Plus subscription required. The Beta will support Cross-Play, so PS3 and PS Vita owners will be able to fight with and against each other.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...e-beta-access-begins-tuesday-for-ps3-ps-vita/

I'll be downloading it on the Vita and see how it plays.

Definitely curious to try it out, I went from thinking it looked boring and way too similar to Smash Bros to being fairly interested.

I'm not a big Smash Bros fan, but the beta of this game was a lot more fun than I expected (even with just 4 characters). I don't know that it'll have a lot of longevity, but maybe it'll be a good time waster on the sofa. Hopefully it's been fleshed out considerably and it takes less time to get in to a match now.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I can't connect to any games since I've had it downloaded tonight. Keeps timing out
.[/QUOTE]

Same here. 30 minutes trying and haven't gotten into a single game. I imagine their servers are getting slammed right now.

It should be working now. I noticed at one point I was getting errors that said something to the effect of "Match Making is Down. Try again later.", but I managed to play 2-3 games late last night.

Check it out, fellas!

I don't really like it, it feels so unwieldy. I've never played Smash Bros or anything before though. It's like, when I want to do a move, I'm not hitting with it or getting flung across the screen, people spam moves so it's tough to get close to them, I feel like there's not that satisfying OOMPH of landing an attack. There's so much going on, I can barely see what move my guy is doing! Using the touch screen to pick up weapons takes me out of the game, gotta take your hand away from the buttons for a second.

Is it just me? Or are these type of games all like this? Is there even a strategy to help me get better?

[quote name='therealdanhill']I don't really like it, it feels so unwieldy. I've never played Smash Bros or anything before though. It's like, when I want to do a move, I'm not hitting with it or getting flung across the screen, people spam moves so it's tough to get close to them, I feel like there's not that satisfying OOMPH of landing an attack. There's so much going on, I can barely see what move my guy is doing! Using the touch screen to pick up weapons takes me out of the game, gotta take your hand away from the buttons for a second.

Is it just me? Or are these type of games all like this? Is there even a strategy to help me get better?[/QUOTE]

Have only played a couple of battles, but the 'touch screen' to pick up weapon needs to be an option that could be disabled. Totally useless for a game like this. I hate the fact that developers feel they 'need' to incorporate something from the Vita's functions. Not every game benefits from doing so...

Aside from that issue, the game looks nice, but doesn't have much else going for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back