Playstation Days of Play Sale June 3-17

TheLegendofTyler

New CAG Same Old Me
Feedback
11 (100%)
Select Gold Wireless Headsets – $69.99 USD / $79.99 CAD (MSRP)
Platinum Wireless Headset – $129.99 USD (MSRP) / $159.99 CAD (MSRP)
Nioh 2, MLB The Show 20 – $39.99 USD / $49.99 CAD (MSRP)
Predator: Hunting Grounds, Death Stranding, Dreams – $29.99 USD / $39.99 CAD (MSRP)
Days Gone, MediEvil, Blood & Truth – $19.99 USD / $29.99 CAD (MSRP)
Everybody’s Golf VR – $14.99 USD / $19.99 CAD (MSRP)
Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Farpoint – $9.99 USD / $14.99 CAD (MSRP)
The Last of Us Remastered, select PlayStation Hits games – starting at $9.99 USD / $9.99 CAD (MSRP)
12 Months PlayStation Plus membership – 30% off MSRP**
12 Months PlayStation Now membership – 30% off MSRP***
3 Months PlayStation Now membership – 20% off MSRP***

For more information: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/05/22/days-of-play-2020-incredible-deals-on-games-and-more/

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmmmm lets see the prices on these games.

• MW2 Remastered?
  • GOW $10 ok lets go
  • Persona Royal $55 LOLOL
  • Concrete Genie $25 LOL
  • Doom not even showing on sale on BBY...
  • RE3 for $53.99 seen this price several times, it's gotta be the most useless sale ever... $6?! Super weak.
  • LA Noire $20 but no ps4 version on BBY
  • MK11 $30 ehhh pass

Looks like i'm sticking to GOW and that's all.
Concrete Genie is 12, maybe you checked before all the prices went live. Outer Worlds is down to 30, how on earth is seikro still at 40? That game refuses to drop to 20.

Concrete Genie is 12, maybe you checked before all the prices went live. Outer Worlds is down to 30, how on earth is seikro still at 40? That game refuses to drop to 20.
Those were the best buy prices last night, psn is cheaper on most titles now.

i’m all for a vita blowout sale with prices that i cannot refuse...any other focus is not necessary.

i kinda feel the same way about older ps4 games at this point though tbh

Medievil digital deluxe edition is $15.99 so I definitely got that. Stand version is $11.99 but for a mere $4 more I figured why not show the developers the love even though I don't care about the extras. Days Gone is like $14.XX on PSN thinking of picking it up do you all recommend it?

Medievil digital deluxe edition is $15.99 so I definitely got that. Stand version is $11.99 but for a mere $4 more I figured why not show the developers the love even though I don't care about the extras. Days Gone is like $14.XX on PSN thinking of picking it up do you all recommend it?
Days Gone for $15 is an excellent deal, especially with all the updates it's received. One of my favorite games last year.

Days Gone for $15 is an excellent deal, especially with all the updates it's received. One of my favorite games last year.
Serious question, do any of the characters ever become anything other than detestable pricks? I've tried playing this game twice now and can't stomach more than a few hours of the generic open world and the main character constantly rambling on to himself and everyone I meet I want to punch in the face, except nope, now you are doing missions for them for the next 2 hours, rinse repeat.

Where is the good part of this game / what is the appeal, i'm missing something.

Serious question, do any of the characters ever become anything other than detestable pricks? I've tried playing this game twice now and can't stomach more than a few hours of the generic open world and the main character constantly rambling on to himself and everyone I meet I want to punch in the face, except nope, now you are doing missions for them for the next 2 hours, rinse repeat.

Where is the good part of this game / what is the appeal, i'm missing something.
Maybe you just simply don't like it. Just because others like something doesn't mean you will. Like me, I fucking hated breath of the wild.

I didn't care for it much myself at first. But I kept playing it for whatever reason and I hit a point where I started to like it a lot more. But yeah I hated everyone at the first 2 camps, but a bit after I found the 3rd camp I started liking it for some reason. A decent sized chunk at the start and then the last 3 hours or so at the end it was getting to the point I was ready for it to be over with. But I had fun in between those points.

I beat the game and the characters never changed. Nobody ever got over being dickheads. It’s not satisfying at all. No self-realization saying, “hey, maybe being an asshole to everyone isn’t the best way to go about things.” Never happens.

While I do appreciate Days Gone's approach on the well played out "zombie" scenario, its characters had little to do with my enjoyment of the game, which was easily my favorite game released last year. It was all about the gameplay and its fairly unique survival mechanics placing you in a jam (like running out of gas) leaving you to scavenge in the worst spots as you try to make your way across a really wonderful setting. It was such an immersive experience unfortunately hampered by some of the worst framerate ever (while on your bike) and really poor audio mapping. Super underrated though, and one of the best titles this generation on the PS4.

I beat the game and the characters never changed. Nobody ever got over being dickheads. It’s not satisfying at all. No self-realization saying, “hey, maybe being an asshole to everyone isn’t the best way to go about things.” Never happens.
Thank you for that. I literally have felt like I was a crazy person for feeling this way and you kind of just validated the reasons why I haven't been able to keep playing. I have literally not once had someone else agree about those points, either online or IRL. So I've kept going back to the game and tried hard to see the fun/good part of it and why so many people say it's worth playing.

(For immediate example see the post above mine lol.)

The fact is this game's main characters are mostly just a bunch of hateful, angry, white men who are deeply insecure assholes and can't get over themselves. These guys literally pout and whine and act like man-children all the way through the 3rd camp from what I played. Maybe that's part of why so many "gamers" enjoy it? If there was some kind of redeeming end to the story that would be one thing, but it's just rage and hate and "boohoo life is worse for me than anyone else" for no reason if not. Disguised under a premise of "oh it's the end of the world people don't need to justify being pricks".

Like... lets make games about lots of different types of people and backgrounds sure, but if on paper your characters have zero relatable, sympathetic or redeeming qualities and even worse personality traits, then why the hell do I care to play a 60-80 hours long game with them?

Story and characters have always meant more to me than gameplay so if you can turn off the sound, and skip cutscenes then I mean the gameplay is enjoyable enough. But that's not good enough for me.

In any case I am now deleting it from my console and never going back.

Maybe you just simply don't like it. Just because others like something doesn't mean you will. Like me, I fucking hated breath of the wild.

I didn't care for it much myself at first. But I kept playing it for whatever reason and I hit a point where I started to like it a lot more. But yeah I hated everyone at the first 2 camps, but a bit after I found the 3rd camp I started liking it for some reason. A decent sized chunk at the start and then the last 3 hours or so at the end it was getting to the point I was ready for it to be over with. But I had fun in between those points.
Yeah so I mean if I hate a game I usually just stop playing right away. I'm not incapable of deciding for myself. However, lots of my coworkers, friends and sources online that I frequent for game news/forums have almost universally praised it as being a "good game". And that basically led me to believe I had missed out on something important, or the game had some radical shift in narrative in the later story or something. But none of these people ever really told me what the "x factor" was in their enjoyment of it. Just that it was fantastic and I should play it.

Anyway this is admittedly an outlier for me, I almost never give a game a second chance once I decide it's not for me, this one I happen to have had alot of outside influence telling me that it was worth it to go back. And in the end, I just don't care enough about the characters to see it through.

Speaking of breath of the wild, that's a game that is also deeply flawed imo. It shows Nintendo's weakness for overly basic storytelling in the Zelda games, and again it's hard to care about the gameplay when you're faced with a 100's of hours long open world with little direction where to go next. I have alot of issue with open world gameplay when it's not directed in a meaningful way.

I spent I think about 60 hours with BTOW, only killed 1 gaurdian and collected a TON of shrines/korok seeds. It was the most enjoyable part for me. Also I hated the weapons (breaking) system, and sometimes the controls really sucked. Shouldn't have to buy a $70 controller to have a smooth experience with control imo.

Anyway this blog post is over lol, to each his own and there are many reasons why a game can be enjoyable or unenjoyable in the eyes of the player. Too bad we live in a world now where most games (and movies and shows) are made to be "one size fits all" experiences instead of smaller more niche ideas here and there. But when it comes to AAA tier games, you can't please everyone.

I think that’s not accurate. While the story may be generic, the Deacon character, Rikki, Iron Mike and Boozer all have story arcs that have beginning, middle and ends with them changing. I can’t post it without spoiling it for other, but Deacon is a loner at the beginning of the game, Boozer grapples with his own issues due to story events, And others have character changes too, where they clearly grow or change based on themes established early on.

Does it take too long to get better story wise? Yes. Are characters, even at their fullest fleshed out at the end still generic overall, yes. But to say they don’t change at all isn’t accurate even if Deacon won’t stop yelling to himself when he’s alone lol

While I do appreciate Days Gone's approach on the well played out "zombie" scenario, its characters had little to do with my enjoyment of the game, which was easily my favorite game released last year. It was all about the gameplay and its fairly unique survival mechanics placing you in a jam (like running out of gas) leaving you to scavenge in the worst spots as you try to make your way across a really wonderful setting. It was such an immersive experience unfortunately hampered by some of the worst framerate ever (while on your bike) and really poor audio mapping. Super underrated though, and one of the best titles this generation on the PS4.
Hmm, playing at 1440p with HDR and have no framerate drops. Were you using regular PS4?

One of those games that I set aside. I got the game at launch and actually hadn't touched it since. Played for about 5 or 6 hours in the last week or so and I'm enjoying. Starting to click now. I Like the setting which I'm very familiar with. Still hate the low amount of gas and low ammo you can hold though.

It's probably more symptomatic of the fact that people can't differentiate between the dickheads in a game like Bulletstorm and the dickheads in a game like Days Gone, where one is clearly a fun parody and the other isn't. We're often desensitized by all of the real and fictional mainstream sociopathy to the point where it doesn't bother most people, though it is clearly a choice and people who can't choose the higher road are useless. See Tiger King, Donald Trump, and shows like Fleabag for examples of sociopathic assholes being celebrated.

I have issues with shit like that, since I've been through bad stuff and still try not to be a complete cunt (though I'm still very blunt). Days Gone's characters were contemptuous and one-dimensional, completely shallow without redeeming qualities or the necessity to remain selfish assholes. I only wasted about 5 hours of my time playing it before trading it in, and it's the only game I've traded in in years.

It's probably more symptomatic of the fact that people can't differentiate between the dickheads in a game like Bulletstorm and the dickheads in a game like Days Gone, where one is clearly a fun parody and the other isn't. We're often desensitized by all of the real and fictional mainstream sociopathy to the point where it doesn't bother most people, though it is clearly a choice and people who can't choose the higher road are useless. See Tiger King, Donald Trump, and shows like Fleabag for examples of sociopathic assholes being celebrated.

I have issues with shit like that, since I've been through bad stuff and still try not to be a complete cunt (though I'm still very blunt). Days Gone's characters were contemptuous and one-dimensional, completely shallow without redeeming qualities or the necessity to remain selfish assholes. I only wasted about 5 hours of my time playing it before trading it in, and it's the only game I've traded in in years.
so weird, you usually only have good things to say about everything....

Hmm, playing at 1440p with HDR and have no framerate drops. Were you using regular PS4?

One of those games that I set aside. I got the game at launch and actually hadn't touched it since. Played for about 5 or 6 hours in the last week or so and I'm enjoying. Starting to click now. I Like the setting which I'm very familiar with. Still hate the low amount of gas and low ammo you can hold though.
Regular, but they patched the bejesus out of it. At launch it was a mess, every patch was at like 30GB during the month or so it took me to plat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETZB4hGB0Zc

Just grabbed the one year of PS Now. Nothing else in the sale interested me. The PS3 game streaming works better than I thought it would. It's nice being able to jump right into the older PS3 games that I never got to play. Ends tomorrow if anyone is still thinking about it.

bread's done
Back