Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
First game - Ace Combat 7, which I bought used and wanted to make sure it worked.

Top 5:
1) Like a Dragon: Ishin! - 27 hours
2) Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - 22 hours
3) Marvel's Avengers - 19 hours
4) Rocket League - 15 hours (mostly in the last two weeks)
5) Spongebob Bikini Bottom - 12 hours

Like Xbox, I didn't play many long games, or new releases this year (I did on Switch, though). Mostly indies and games around 10 hours. Oddly, I played a good amount of Vita this year, and none of that registers with these stats. It said I played 100% on console.

1. Final Fantasy XVI 55 hours
2. Tactics Ogre 46 hours
2. Spider Man 2 30 hours
4. Like a Dragon Ishin 23 hours
4. A Plague Tale Innocence 16 hours

God of War Ragnarok Valhalla DLC is live:

The wrap up is really well done this year. I like the monthly breakdown. Also, go all the way to the end for a code for a PS Stars collectible.

Edit - Apparently it's an avatar and a PS Stars collectible.
42 Games - 380 hours (I think the game total is skewed by games I launched to get PS Stars points)

Ghost of Tsushima - 66 hours
Deathloop - 45 hours
Lego DC Super-Villains - 39 hours
Spider-Man 2 - 30 hours
Sackboy - 29 hours

460 trophies - 7 platinums - 14 levels increased

It was definitely the most playtime and games played for me in quite a few years.

Last edited:
First game of 2023 was Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, which was soooooooo fun.

Top 5 playtimes:
-FFXVI at 83 hours
-FFVII Remake Intergrade at 63 hours (replayed it to experience the PS5 version and the Yuffie story and was blown away by the instant loading)
-Subnautica at 42 hours
-Spider-Man 2 at 39 hours
-Miles Morales at 30 hours (guess I didn't speedrun that NG+ for the Platinum as efficiently as I thought I did lol)

Thought I had more time in Crisis Core, considering I got the Platinum. Also, stats say I played 9 games, all on PS5. I am so in love with the DualSense controller, like that to me is the reason to buy a PS5. Graphics, performance, load times, all great, but that controller is amazing! I love the Switch Pro Controller and I still think it's the most comfortable gamepad I've ever used, but the DualSense haptic feedback puts the Pro Controller's HD Rumble to shame.

Awesome wrap up. So many great experiences on my PS5 this year.

First game of the year. Tiny Tina's Wonderland

My Top 5:
1. Final Fantasy XVI - 60 hrs
2. Ys VIII : Lacrimosa of Dana - 56 hrs
3. Street Fighter 6 - 43 hrs
4. Star Ocean The Second Story R - 42 hrs
5. Monster Hunter Rise - 41 hrs

First game of the Year: F.I.S.T. Forged in Shadow Torch

Top Five
  1. Midnight Suns -112h
  2. Final Fantasy 16 -75h
  3. Star Wars Jedi Survivor -57h
  4. Sea of Stars -51h
  5. Horizon Forbidden West -43h
7 Platinum Trophies this year.

1. Final Fantasy XVI - 56 hours
2. Call of Duty - 33 hours
3. Horizon: Forbidden West - 20 hours
4. Ni No Kuni - 18 hours
5. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart - 15 hours

218 total hours of PS5 play
214 trophies

I'd say all of those were very accurate numbers.

187 Games Played
First Game: Pinball Heroes

1. Rocket League - 104 hours - 0 Trophies
2. MLB The Show 23 - 76 Hours - 16 Trophies
3. PowerWash Simulator - 74 Hours - 38 Trophies
4. Theatrhyrhm Final Bar Line - 57 Hours - 32 Trophies
5. Grindstone - 38 Hours - 38 Trophies

807 Hours Played
68.28% on 133 PS5 Games
31.72% on 64 PS4 Games

772 Trophies - 5 Platinums (Save Room, Remedium Sentinels, Fallout Shelter, Trigger Witch, Pinball Heroes) - 65 Gold - 155 Silver - 548 Bronze
16 Trophy Levels Gained

Last edited:
42 games
(many of these were PS+ games I just opened for PS Stars points)

First game - Axiom Verge 2 (one of the aforementioned)

1. Persona 5 Royal - 203 (did another playthrough and most of NG+ to fight the superboss but never got around to it 🤷🏾‍♂️)
2. Final Fantasy VII Remake - 64 (finally got a PS5 this year so I did the Yuffie DLC and also started a new playthrough in anticipation of Rebirth)
3. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix - 20 (I just love these games, man)
4. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - 16 (played through 1 and am working through 2 before my PS+ Premium expires this week)
5. Astro's Playroom - 7 (this was so fun and it had an easy platinum so I went for it)

Was a bit of a lazy gamer this year if you can't tell. Only 2023 release I played was Mario Wonder on Switch. This year was stacked so I have a lot of catching up to do

1. Diablo IV - 56hrs, 32% playtime ratio (this is a new stat this year, neat)
2. Resident Evil 4 Remake - 26hrs, 15% playtime ratio
3. AEW: Fight Forever - 25hrs, 14% playtime ratio
4. Bioshock: The Collection - 23hrs, 13% playtime ratio ( I just replayed Bioshock 1&2 since I was going to lose them once my ps+ subscribtion lapsed because I’m never renewing after that price increase. Hot take: Bioshock 2 is by far the best Bioshock game)
5. It Takes Two - 20hrs, 11% playtime ratio

First game of the year was Fall Guys because Epic hadn’t ruined it yet. Man I loved that dumb game. Was even thinking of getting a fall guy tattoo. But then the ftp transition happened, and the endless vaulting, and that terrible “creation mode” and now it’s a husk of its former self. fuck Epic.

Just 10 games and 173hrs total played, all on PS4. Lowest yearly total for me ever probably. Mostly just spent time playing my switch and my awesome new steam deck. Sony has been making some bad decisions lately imo and their 1st party stuff and 3rd party exclusives are completely uninteresting to me (thanks for turning Final Fantasy 16 into an action game Square Enix), so I will probably never get a PS5. The funny thing is my 2024 hours played will probably be even higher thanks to games like the Persona 3 remake, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and Metaphor: Refantazio still releasing on the PS4. And my husband and I probably still have a couple dozen hours left in Diablo 4. It’s neat that the PS4 is still alive and kicking almost halfway through the PS5’s lifespan.

Last edited:
42 games
(many of these were PS+ games I just opened for PS Stars points)

First game - Axiom Verge 2 (one of the aforementioned)

1. Persona 5 Royal - 203 (did another playthrough and most of NG+ to fight the superboss but never got around to it 🤷🏾‍♂️)
2. Final Fantasy VII Remake - 64 (finally got a PS5 this year so I did the Yuffie DLC and also started a new playthrough in anticipation of Rebirth)
3. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix - 20 (I just love these games, man)
4. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - 16 (played through 1 and am working through 2 before my PS+ Premium expires this week)
5. Astro's Playroom - 7 (this was so fun and it had an easy platinum so I went for it)

Was a bit of a lazy gamer this year if you can't tell. Only 2023 release I played was Mario Wonder on Switch. This year was stacked so I have a lot of catching up to do
I'm going to give P5R another go in the new year. I was kind of burned out after the 15 hour tutorial. I know it'll probably be on my top played list for 2024. The PS5 version is super clean. Last year I played less than 20 hours total on my Switch. I dusted it off to play Zelda & put 105 hrs into it before I got bored with it. It arrived at my house the day I came back from my honeymoon and my wife was cool with me vegging out on it for a couple weeks. Lol!

2024 is about clearing the backlog

Last edited:
I traded in my GoW Ragnarok copy after getting the platinum and now this DLC has me hunting all around for a cheap copy. Hearing good things about it!

I appear to have played Uh, oh… most this year. I’m surprised, I was really expecting for it to have been the prequel, Uh Oh… Looks Like Something Went Wrong :(, again, that’s been my top game for the past couple.

43 Games Played
First Game: Biomutant

1. Oninaki - 84 hours - 45 Trophies
2. Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR’S CUT - 76 Hours - 40 Trophies
3. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - 66 Hours - 56 Trophies
4. Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin - 59 Hours - 36 Trophies
5. Shenmue I & II - 44 Hours -28 Trophies

691 Hours Played

27.64% on 11 PS5 Games
72.36% on 33 PS4 Games

707 Trophies - 17 Platinums - 89 Gold - 164 Silver - 437 Bronze
37 Trophy Levels Gained

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 09-50-07 Wrap-Up 2023 PlayStation.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 09-50-07 Wrap-Up 2023 PlayStation.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 10-08-18 Wrap-Up 2023 PlayStation.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 10-08-18 Wrap-Up 2023 PlayStation.png
    474.7 KB · Views: 2
Seeing other people's recaps reminds me of the games I still want to get around to. Maybe that will keep me from adding to the backlog! Hopefully I'll have time for Midnight Suns, 13 Sentinels, and finish Sea of Stars at some point. I'm in the middle of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands at the moment, and there are several others I've resisted buying or I'm looking forward to releasing.

Wow. GTA5. I wasn't expecting that. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a short stay for it. I believe when Rockstar had other games on Gamepass/PS+ they only stayed for a short time. As someone with fond memories of War of the Monsters and similar games, I'm also interested in Gigabash. Here's the full list.

Grand Theft Auto V | PS4, PS5
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin | PS4, PS5
Moto GP23 | PS4, PS5
Metal: Hellsinger* | PS4, PS5
Salt and Sacrifice | PS4, PS5
Moonscars | PS4, PS5
Mega Man 11 | PS4
Gigabash | PS4, PS5
Grime | PS4, PS5
Tinykin | PS4, PS5
Prodeus | PS4, PS5
Shadowrun Returns | PS4, PS5
Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut | PS4, PS5
Shadowrun: Hong Kong – Extended Edition | PS4, PS5

*Owners of the PS4 version of Metal: Hellsinger will be able to download and play the PS5 version of the game.

PlayStation Premium | Classics

Mega Man Legacy Collection | PS4
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 | PS4
Thrillville | PS4, PS5
Thrillville: Off the Rails | PS4, PS5
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command | PS4, PS5

Awesome wrap up. So many great experiences on my PS5 this year.

First game of the year. Tiny Tina's Wonderland

My Top 5:
1. Final Fantasy XVI - 60 hrs
2. Ys VIII : Lacrimosa of Dana - 56 hrs
3. Street Fighter 6 - 43 hrs
4. Star Ocean The Second Story R - 42 hrs
5. Monster Hunter Rise - 41 hrs
Some details I missed:

65 games played. I notice they count demo's

Gaming style - Roleplayer. 59%

547 hours total. 74.77% playing PS5 games.

4 Platinum trophies

Solid year on Playstation. 299 hours, 327 trophies, 6 platinum trophies

Top 5
Horizon Forbidden West - 59 hours
God of War Ragnarok - 57 hours
Star Wars Jedi Survivor - 52 hours
Spider Man 2 - 31 hours
Resident Evil 4 Remake - 29 hours

You guys are gonna love this one. I hardly recognize even myself.

1. Destiny 2 - 791 hours
2. Final Fantasy 16 - 24 hours
3. Ys VIII Lacrimosa of DANA - 8 hours

It was a weird year. I played Zelda and Baldur's Gate; not too many new games.
As long as you had fun lol that's all that matters!

43 Games
1st game GoW Ragnarok

763 Hours (also said 99.61% was on PS5...don't even recall turning on the PS4)

Top 5
1 - Hogwarts Legacy - 107 hours
2 - Marvel Midnight Suns - 100 hours
3 - Star Wars Jedi Survivor - 76 hours
4 - Final Fantasy - 75 hours
5 - Assassin's Creed Mirage - 49 hours

What's odd is monthly breakdown showed 69 hours for Gotham Knights and 72 hours for Horizin Forbidden West, but those weren't in top 5

I thought this was just me. It completely kills the browser instance. Can't swap tabs, can't close tabs, can barely even close out of the browser at all.
I have to kill Firefox in task manager in order to unbreak it. I guess you can disable password manager, sign in by typing your login and password like a caveman, and then re-enabling password manager. I have not tried that and will just log in on another browser until the next Firefox update.

Both the Nintendo and PSN recap show I didn't use my systems too much through the year. Most of my PS5 time was with Monster Menu and for Nintendo Picross S3 (about 1/3 through with it). Most of my gaming was on PC, which isn't too surprising. I need to buy less games with how much I'm playing on consoles.

Firefox updated and now any time I try to login to Sony's site it crashes the browser hard. So cool.

I thought this was just me. It completely kills the browser instance. Can't swap tabs, can't close tabs, can barely even close out of the browser at all.

I have to kill Firefox in task manager in order to unbreak it. I guess you can disable password manager, sign in by typing your login and password like a caveman, and then re-enabling password manager. I have not tried that and will just log in on another browser until the next Firefox update.
wow, this whole time i was wondering why no one else was experiencing this. i have to log into the store on edge now.

We realize many of you have been anticipating news around the project that we’ve been calling The Last of Us Online. There’s no easy way to say this: We’ve made the incredibly difficult decision to stop development on that game.

We know this news will be tough for many, especially our dedicated The Last of Us Factions community, who have been following our multiplayer ambitions ardently. We’re equally crushed at the studio as we were looking forward to putting it in your hands. We wanted to share with you some background of how we came to this decision.

The multiplayer team has been in pre-production with this game since we were working on The Last of Us Part II – crafting an experience we felt was unique and had tremendous potential. As the multiplayer team iterated on their concept for The Last of Us Online during this time, their vision crystalized, the gameplay got more refined and satisfying, and we were enthusiastic about the direction in which we were headed.

In ramping up to full production, the massive scope of our ambition became clear. To release and support The Last of Us Online we’d have to put all our studio resources behind supporting post launch content for years to come, severely impacting development on future single-player games. So, we had two paths in front of us: become a solely live service games studio or continue to focus on single-player narrative games that have defined Naughty Dog’s heritage.

We are immensely proud of everyone at the studio that touched this project. The learnings and investments in technology from this game will carry into how we develop our projects and will be invaluable in the direction we are headed as a studio. We have more than one ambitious, brand new single player game that we're working on here at Naughty Dog, and we cannot wait to share more about what comes next when we’re ready.

Until then, we’re incredibly thankful to our community for your support throughout the years.

Annoying when a purchase doesn’t give Stars points. Seems completely random. Waiting on support to add points for my recent purchase.

Annoying when a purchase doesn’t give Stars points. Seems completely random. Waiting on support to add points for my recent purchase.
I got points on there stupid auto ps+ renew. I swear I canceled it but I will try for a refund I'll probably lose that 800 pts which I'm fine with $80 for sub I barely use is insane.

bread's done
Back