Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Hmmm….I wonder if I were to borrow the game from someone and use that to upgrade it, would it then upgrade the Plus edition too so that I wouldn’t need to buy it. Basically at this point it’s like a $60 upgrade for better textures and frame rate.

If you didn't know that the PS+ version of FF7R doesn't upgrade, it's because you haven't read... anything. It was all over everything, from promotional materials, announcements, to the claim pages of the actual PS+ version, etc. It was all there from the very beginning. You've had months to complain about this.

Hmmm….I wonder if I were to borrow the game from someone and use that to upgrade it, would it then upgrade the Plus edition too so that I wouldn’t need to buy it. Basically at this point it’s like a $60 upgrade for better textures and frame rate.
Considering the upgrade you'd be downloading literally says "Disc Version" in the title, I imagine it would look for the disc in the drive every time you attempted to run it.

If you didn't know that the PS+ version of FF7R doesn't upgrade, it's because you haven't read... anything. It was all over everything, from promotional materials, announcements, to the claim pages of the actual PS+ version, etc. It was all there from the very beginning. You've had months to complain about this.
Yep, it was definitely broadcasted loudly when the PS+ version was released. A lot of people did complain about it. But it is what it is. Only reason I held onto my disc after it came to PS+.

Still worth complaining about it now.

It's still stupid how complicated Sony made it to upgrade to PS5 versions of games, as well as moving saves. You also have to toggle between versions of a game if you have PS4 and Ps5 installed, which can be pretty confusing….

Considering the upgrade you'd be downloading literally says "Disc Version" in the title, I imagine it would look for the disc in the drive every time you attempted to run it.
Yeah, the disk version upgrade always requires the disk, even if you have the digital version. If there is a digital version upgrade of the game that upgrade is different. Sony has always been kinda weird about that, whereas XBox changes over to not requiring the disk seamlessly if you later purchase the digital version (and there is no real "upgrade process" for the Series X, it just knows hey there is a better free upgraded version for your console, let me get that for you). I had to fight the PS5 for a while to get my PS4 disk Crash 4 to upgrade and install the PS5 version, but every upgrade I've had on Series X just patches, moves over save files and just works.

Yeah this whole release is just an unnecessary mess.  It's on both Sony and SE.  It's magnified by the fact that it's a ps5 release that sony really needs.

Huge fan of the original FFVII.  But personally just holding out for the pc and/or game pass version for all the extra content.

It’s a dick move that Square had months to reconsider but didn’t.
Square Enix likes being a dick because people pay them more money that way. That's why none of their DQ or FF games really go on sale for much less than 50% at any point and they'll do things like delisting DQXI for the worse looking DQXI S so that that's your only option on the digital storefronts.

We're streaming this Summer Game Fest show that's going on now.

Or you can check out the main stream.

Announcements

• Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - Standalone game - 2022
  • Metal Slug Tactics with DotEmu
  • Death Stranding Director's Cut for PS5 - Coming Soon
  • Jurassic Park Evolution 2 - PS5/PS4 - 2021
  • Salt & Sacrifice - Salt & Sanctuary sequel - PS5/PS4 - 2022
  • Solar Ash trailer
  • Two Point Campus - 2022
  • Smite x Stranger Things Crossover
  • Rocket League Fast & Furious cars coming back 6/17
  • PayDay 3
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes - 10/22
  • Tales of Arise - 9/10
  • Paladins X Gen:Lock Crossover
  • 2B Nier Automata Costume coming to Fall Guys
  • Deviation Games announced partnership with PlayStation - Former Call of Duty & Blizzard devs
  • Evil Dead: The Game - 4v1 MP game - 2021 - PS5/PS4
  • Elden Ring teaser - 1/21/22

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1402842956839546883
Sony shipped these controllers a day earlier where everyone who pre-ordered directly from them will get'em today(or soon) where you all have to be on the lookout for it since they don't give out an email / text with a tracking number especially since most of the delivery drivers will just drop this off at your front door without ringing the doorbell or without a few knocks on the door.

Man, I really hope the Death Stranding Director’s Cut is a free upgrade. I want to restart the game so bad but have been waiting to finally get a PS5.

Also lol at the Metal Gear tease.

Man, I really hope the Death Stranding Director’s Cut is a free upgrade. I want to restart the game so bad but have been waiting to finally get a PS5.

Also lol at the Metal Gear tease.
Might reinstall the PS4 version and finish it before the PS5 one hits lol

Also, I still believe that game that was announced, Abandoned, is a Kojima game.

Sony shipped these controllers a day earlier where everyone who pre-ordered directly from them will get'em today(or soon) where you all have to be on the lookout for it since they don't give out an email / text with a tracking number especially since most of the delivery drivers will just drop this off at your front door without ringing the doorbell or without a few knocks on the door.
Yeah, mine just arrived and I was puzzled what it was until I opened it. The website still says "Preparing to Ship" but I noticed the other day they had already charged my card. Oddly enough the packing slip on the inside did not list name or pretty much anything else other than the controller. Not sure if this is how Direct works normally, as I've never ordered anything from there before.

I got the "red" one, and I like the color even though the color is probably more magenta than red.

Am I the only one disappointed? Looks like Dark Souls 4 when Sekiro and Bloodborne are superior games.
No offense, but there’s no way to make that assessment with a trailer that short. I see a ton of influences from Sekiro (and a little Bloodborne, but more Sekiro) in the trailer. I’m just glad it still has the vibe of a souls game and didn’t lean hard into a fantasy setting or end up looking like an off brand Elder Scrolls or something.

I’m optimistic but want to see more. Definitely day one buy for me though.

I’m so glad I held off playing through the rest of FF 7 Remake before the Intergrade update (had only been on Chapter 5). It feels so much better now. I’ve come to realize that it’s really, really hard to play anything at 30 FPS this gen. So dive in if you’ve got a PS5.

Yeah, mine just arrived and I was puzzled what it was until I opened it. The website still says "Preparing to Ship" but I noticed the other day they had already charged my card. Oddly enough the packing slip on the inside did not list name or pretty much anything else other than the controller. Not sure if this is how Direct works normally, as I've never ordered anything from there before.

I got the "red" one, and I like the color even though the color is probably more magenta than red.
Midnight_Black_DualSense_Controller_Side_View.jpg

[How the Midnight Black PS5 Dualsense looks in picture on some retailer websites]

When I finally seen this controller in-person the navy blue shade Sony used is more of a "Dark-Navy-Blue / Midnight Blue" color-shade that's almost close to the color Black on the analog sticks & the changeable plate is a fitting choice where it'll look nothing like the shade of navy blue shown in the picture above.

Rift Apart is pretty amazing so far. Having just played through the mainline games, it's quite a bit of a change from how the previous games worked and were designed. The first area after the opening has way more verticality than any of those other games, though they do put gold bolts and other hidden stuff on the map that makes that stuff much easier to find and get. Even things like objective markers are a big change from even the most recent game, Into the Nexus, that didn't do anything like that. Having a wall run and dash also change up the platforming flow and design from what the previous games could do, which is nice to see.

There are a bunch of recent free PS+ packs for various games if you haven't checked them lately:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/a42d9fd4-6dc5-4821-8d72-8ad971b4e32f/1
Anyone have the PS web store problem where the blue footer takes over too much of the screen? There's no way to scroll it down. I can see 18 of the 50 items easily and 6 barely. The remaining 26 are unreachable. I tried FF and Chrome with same results.

[attachment=35668:web.png]

I noticed that the recent firmware update for PS5 also added the ability for the Library to remember the last sorting option you were using and keep it at that for future visits, which goes with switching the Installed and Collection tabs to be a good QOL update for that part of the dashboard.

bread's done
Back