Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone might know, but:
1. Does the Lego Games Bundle include the relevant season passes? I'm guessing not.
2. If I buy Lego Batman 3 Deluxe, will it be compatible with my disc game save?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/17/indies-take-the-spotlight-with-a-day-of-new-reveals-and-updates/

They're doing spotlight reveals and updates on seven indies over the next few hours.

----

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/17/worldbuilding-for-asymmetrical-spy-co-op-in-operation-tango/

Assymmetrical co-op puzzle game Operation: Tango is coming to PS5/PS4 this spring.

----

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/17/the-world-is-your-canvas-in-chicory-a-colorful-tale-coming-to-ps5-and-ps4-this-spring/

More info on Chicory: A Colorful Tale that's out for PS5/PS4 this spring.

----

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/17/nour-play-with-your-foods-sous-chef-an-interactive-soundtrack/

A look at Nour: Play With Your Food's soundtrack that's out this summer.

----

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/17/surreal-narrative-adventure-where-the-heart-leads-hits-ps4-ps5-on-july-13/

Where the Heart Leads is out for PS5/PS4 on 7/13.

----

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/17/puzzling-places-the-3d-jigsaw-puzzle-game-is-coming-to-ps-vr/

Puzzling Places is a 3D jigsaw puzzle game for PSVR coming out this winter.

----

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/17/new-heavenly-bodies-gameplay-trailer-reveals-two-challenging-scenarios/

Heavenly Bodies is coming to PS5/PS4 later this year.

----

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/17/how-to-become-a-superstar-detective-in-disco-elysium-the-final-cut-out-march-30/

Details on Disco Elysium: The Final Cut before it's out for PS5/PS4 on 3/30.

Last edited by a moderator:
finally got around to playing last of us remastered. story seems interesting but i am not really sure i am enjoying the actual game
It’s a shooter that’s not a shooter, a stealth game that’s not a stealth game, and a zombie game that’s not a zombie and I’d argue the shooting and stealth are mediocre.

I want a Tetris 99 version of Bomberman. That would be fun.
Isn't that what this is? I watched Ryukahr (mainly a mario maker streamer) play the stadia version of this a lot and it's a 64 player Bomberman battle royale. Not really that interested in it personally but it was very entertaining to watch.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1372243360015130625

Starting March 25, 2021

PlayStation and some of our favorite indie partners are collaborating to provide more free games to explore while you’re staying safe and staying home:

Abzû

From the artistic mind behind Journey, Flower, and The Pathless, ABZÛ is a beautiful underwater adventure that evokes the dream of diving. Immerse yourself in a vibrant ocean world full of mystery and bursting with color and life.

Enter the Gungeon

Enter the Gungeon is a gunfight dungeon crawler following a band of misfits seeking to shoot, loot, dodge roll and table-flip their way to personal absolution by reaching the legendary Gungeon’s ultimate treasure: the gun that can kill the past.

Rez Infinite

Prepare yourself for the ultimate version of Rez, a thrilling journey of sights and sounds and shooting action, remastered and upgraded by members of the original development team exclusively for PS4 and (optional) PlayStation VR.

Subnautica

You have crash-landed on an alien ocean world, and the only way to go is down. Subnautica’s oceans range from sun-drenched shallow coral reefs to treacherous deep-sea trenches, lava fields, and bio-luminescent underwater rivers. The water teems with life: Some of it helpful, much of it harmful.

The Witness

The Witness is a single-player game in an open world with dozens of locations to explore and over 500 puzzles. This game respects you as an intelligent player and it treats your time as precious. There’s no filler: each of those puzzles brings its own new idea into the mix. So, this is a game full of ideas.

We’re also proud to serve up a selection of free PlayStation VR games*** starting on March 25:

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Get a whole new perspective on platform games, thanks to PlayStation VR, in this daring rescue operation. Take control of Astro in a massive adventure to rescue his crew, where the PS VR headset puts you right in the thick of the action. Judge every jump with accuracy and be curious – there are lots of secrets to discover in your daring quest.

Moss

Moss is a single-player action-adventure puzzle game and new IP from Polyarc tailor-made for the VR platform. In Moss, players meet Quill, a young mouse with dreams of greatness beyond the confines of her settlement. While exploring the woods, she finds a mysterious Glass Relic and an ancient magic is awakened.

Thumper

Thumper is rhythm violence: classic rhythm-action, blistering speed, and brutal physicality. You are a space beetle. Brave the hellish void and confront a maniacal giant head from the future. Every crushing impact is interwoven with a pounding original soundtrack. To reach synesthetic bliss, you must go through rhythm hell.

Paper Beast

Experience a dreamlike odyssey in virtual reality. Discover a wild ecosystem, born from lost Internet data. Be the first to explore a world inhabited by exotic and surprising creatures, and shape your environment to overcome obstacles and puzzles. Unravel the mysteries of Paper Beast, a game born from the imagination of Eric Chahi (Another World, From Dust).

This amazing selection of PS4 games and PS VR games will be available for free download from March 25 8:00pm Pacific Time to April 22 8:00pm Pacific Time.

Funimation / Wakanim

Don’t forget: in participating countries, we’re also offering an extended trial of Funimation (or Wakanim, depending on region), a joint venture of Sony Pictures Entertainment and Aniplex of Japan. The anime-focused subscription service includes shows such as My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Attack on Titan, and Fruits Basket. This extended trial offer kicks off on March 25 and is available through April 22****.

Starting April 19, 2021

But there’s more to come later this spring. Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition will be available for free download between April 19 8:00pm Pacific Time and May 14 8:00pm Pacific Time.

We’ll have more to share soon. We appreciate the support from the PlayStation community, and hope you enjoy our latest content drop – please stay safe and thanks for playing!

I think some of those games were free before, like The Witness.

About time they gave away HZD.  It had been at that $9.99 price point regularly for a while.

I wasn't really paying much attention to PS4 news last year since I and my console were in different hemispheres of the globe, so I don't even know what I missed.

How does claiming these freebies work? Can you claim them on the store and own them forever? Do you have to download them first, and then you own them forever? Or are they only free to download during the promotional period, and then if you delete it afterwards you're out of luck?

I wasn't really paying much attention to PS4 news last year since I and my console were in different hemispheres of the globe, so I don't even know what I missed.

How does claiming these freebies work? Can you claim them on the store and own them forever? Do you have to download them first, and then you own them forever? Or are they only free to download during the promotional period, and then if you delete it afterwards you're out of luck?
You just have to claim them in the store. You don't need to download them.

Isn't that what this is? I watched Ryukahr (mainly a mario maker streamer) play the stadia version of this a lot and it's a 64 player Bomberman battle royale. Not really that interested in it personally but it was very entertaining to watch.
I think the difference is 16 interconnected maps versus one huge map. The interconnected map is still roughly just a normal 4 player game (sort of).

I bought half of these games already. It's so strange that they are just giving them away now. The only one I regret buying is The Witness. It's been a PS+ or Gold game before, given away on Epic store and I think it's on Game Pass. Now it's being given away again. I don't really like the game. I am usually good at puzzle games but man, some of the puzzles I am clueless on. I even resorted to looking up a guide but I have a hard time finding the solution because the puzzles don't have numbers or names. I was able to find one solution and I still don't understand it even after cheating. Usually, there is an OH OKAY moment after you see the solution but not for me. I haven't played it in like a year. Maybe it's one of those games where when it finally clicks, you understand things or maybe my brain just can't comprehend some of the puzzles.

Some of the free games like HZD Complete, Astrobot and Moss are incredible and Sony is really giving gamers that haven't played them a great present. Very cool of them.

I'm super stoked to give Thumper a play with my PSVR.  That thing has just been sitting on the box collecting dust.

My backlog is so massive that I'm not even sure if I own all of these free games already or not. Definitely have at least six or seven. But free games are always nice, especially when it's a few indies and artsy games that could use some more exposure.

Thumper especially is a real trip, even outside of VR. Hard as hell though.

I do like playing indies for sure. On another Zanki Zero update I managed to get to the final dungeon after putting down the difficulty for the 2nd to last dungeon boss (not a fan of 1 hit kills and so much life), and it's OK. I'm likely lowering my earlier score to 6/10 now. Graphics are great, gameplay is decent with very long dungeons which are good looking and unique, and the characters are also unique. The story has taken a nose dive though and I'm no liking some of the reveals. I think I'm ready to drop it. Just getting bored and it got around 25 hours from me, so good enough. Going to the sell pile, but it's a very unique dungeon crawler. The battling gets better, but it never gets great. I say stick to the turn based dungeon crawlers like Etrian Odyssey or Demon Gaze. I wanted to love this, but it's too flawed, and I love story in these type of games, but I just can't recommend it.

...The Witness...
A good many of the puzzles are interconnected and must be solved in sequence or in tandem with each other. I could see how the fact that it’s a large open world with next to no guidance can make it feel a bit overwhelming at times. I was playing it for a while when I first got it and was making pretty steady progress. It was a mistake to pick it up when I did though because I was invested in other games and could not commit to it. I just know that when I return to it I’m going to have to start a new game because I won’t remember what the chain of puzzles I had going on was

I don’t know why, but my initial impression upon seeing that picture was that it was supposed to be some kind of companion accessory to the nintendo ring fit.

How do the games from the Play at Home program that have previously been PS+ games work?  Will those games just stay in your library even if you let your PS+ expire?  Are they not considered PS+ collection games anymore?

Why does it seem like the games I'm interested in never go on sale at all or rarely do, is it because I dig deep into the niche games category of the Ps4 games catalog like The House of Fatamorgana has never gone on sale and it's been years since Gone Home has been on sale

How do the games from the Play at Home program that have previously been PS+ games work? Will those games just stay in your library even if you let your PS+ expire? Are they not considered PS+ collection games anymore?
You need to claim them again when they go free. For Ratchet and Clank I went to the store on my PS5 itself and clicked the buy button. After that the game in my library no longer had the PS+ symbol on it. Not sure if it works properly on the web store or the PS4 store, some people had trouble claiming it. But, basic point being is that you have to claim it again or you're just stuck with the PS+ version.

If you want a PS5, Walmart drops at 3 PM EST. They usually do 3 of them, 10 min apart. I have gotten both my PS5 and Series X from Walmart.

If you want a PS5, Walmart drops at 3 PM EST. They usually do 3 of them, 10 min apart. I have gotten both my PS5 and Series X from Walmart.
Tried this drop and was met with spectacular failure. Amazon drop hasn't happened, but potentially still could today. Not overly fussed if I don't snag one, but guess I'll keep my eyes open haha.

Cool. I still haven't even finished the first game though.

I don't have a problem with episodic games in general. That's how things have always worked, for TV, books, comic books, movie series, etc. You don't generally get the whole thing in one lump; you get bite sized chunks over time. (Slightly less so now that whole seasons of shows drop at once on streaming services.) Nothing inherently wrong with a game narrative being that way as well.

Remasters of Life is Strange and Before the Storm are coming later this year.

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1372602930717659136

Project Athia is now called Forspoken:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_3fndPnBmQ

I’m balls deep in the Avengers upgrade and it does look amazing even if it doesn’t change the game a great deal. I’m still wanting it to be more like Ultimate Alliance than Destiny but at least it’s not terrible

bread's done
Back