Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
To all the playstation experts is there any reason that I should keep a playstation tv instead of just selling it? Does it do anything special that nothing else can do? Now that these storefronts are closing I guess I should figure out if I even need this.

PS1 games that I bought through psn I can play on PS3, and ones I didn't grab there I can work something out on the Classic if needed. I still have a psp with the few games I would have played, but doubt I will ever go back to anything there. I don't have a PS4 for remote whatever, and any ps4 games I will play will eventually be through a ps5. I never got into Vita so I don't know if there are any absolute must have gems that are worth keeping a separate piece of hardware just for. Thanks in advance for any insight.
I would say no, unless you have any interest in modding it in the future. Also if you are keeping the PS3 around just for ps1 classics (I'm assuming you're not) then the smaller form factor would be nice to have around to play some of those games when you want to. But if you have no interest in Vita and have other methods to play the games on there, then I'd say there's no real reason to keep it.

The fact that people still believe that GamePass games are “free” are the idiots IMO
Technically not free, but way more cheaper, especially for those of us that bought 1-3 year subs in bulk, so paying a few bucks a month for a game is well worth it, especially with competing games like The Show, I have bought that on PS for years and now, that's 60-70 in my pocket or better yet to put towards another year of GP which gives me so many more games to play that I normally wouldn't buy.

I would say no, unless you have any interest in modding it in the future. Also if you are keeping the PS3 around just for ps1 classics (I'm assuming you're not) then the smaller form factor would be nice to have around to play some of those games when you want to. But if you have no interest in Vita and have other methods to play the games on there, then I'd say there's no real reason to keep it.
Playstation TV would offer the only way to play VITA games (with some exceptions) on a TV but if that isn't important to you then I can't see why you shouldn't sell it. I have one myself but it doesn't really get used honestly.
Yeah I kind of figured Vita was the only real use. I wouldn't be opposed to modding it but honestly my backlog is already totally insurmountable. Not sure I want to go out of my way just to add more potential games I will never play. It's still new in the box so it just seems better to cash out on it at this point. Thanks for confirming.

Yeah I kind of figured Vita was the only real use. I wouldn't be opposed to modding it but honestly my backlog is already totally insurmountable. Not sure I want to go out of my way just to add more potential games I will never play. It's still new in the box so it just seems better to cash out on it at this point. Thanks for confirming.
Yeah you can probably fetch a good amount for a new one

I still have my PSTV and plan on keeping it. There’s still a lot of classic PS1 and PSP games in particular that I want to have access to and might mod it. Got it for $29 three years ago and never had a Vita.

Not a bad little machine and it takes up so little space. Hell, I could keep it in a drawer and just pull it out when I wanted.

Wait you guys really don't think that a Sony studio developed a game that's on game pass and Sony had no idea, right? Why the hell would they be embarrassed? They own the studio that made the game, of course they knew this was going to happen and absolutely could have blocked it if they wanted to. Saying they should be embarrassed or thinking this is a loss for them is the dumbest thing I've heard today. They no doubt got a sweet payment from Microsoft to allow the game to be on other platforms and then to get it on game pass.
Perception is reality, bud. I'm sure they got paid from Microsoft, but Microsoft isn't buying their games, consoles, subscribing to their services, we are. They had to know the optics of this weren't going to be good to the people that keep putting money in their pockets. I own all 3 consoles and have been a life long PlayStation user. This isn't a good look for PlayStation customers and you know that.

The fact that people still believe that GamePass games are “free” are the idiots IMO
I know you are angry but you should go easy on the name calling. I think when people say free they just mean no extra cost than they already are paying. If I want to watch a movie and someone suggests that I rent a movie for $20 I might say "na, Id rather just watch something on netflix for free". Obviously Netflix has a monthly fee but it was paid for whether I watch a movie on it or not.

I could get into the whole $1 conversion from Gold, and spending a few less minutes on CAG and a few more doing MS Rewards and getting GPU for free that way but I don't need the whole value of time argument.

I really like my PlayStation TV.  I have a 512GB microSD and 512GB USB stick in mine.  Being able to play almost any Vita or PSP game with a DualShock 4 is nice.  Sony doesn't care about PlayStation legacy but it sits proudly with my other PlayStation consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perception is reality, bud. I'm sure they got paid from Microsoft, but Microsoft isn't buying their games, consoles, subscribing to their services, we are. They had to know the optics of this weren't going to be good to the people that keep putting money in their pockets. I own all 3 consoles and have been a life long PlayStation user. This isn't a good look for PlayStation customers and you know that.
I 100% promise you they don't give nearly as much of a shit about this as you think they do. Brand loyalty like this is just something consumers make up to make themselves feel important. Sony cares about how much money's hitting their bank.

Yeah the Playstation TV is a pretty neat trinket. Easy to mod, easy to load up with whatever with the proper card adapter and/or USB. Nice to be able to play a lot of things on the TV. Downside is not all the Vita games work and is not portable. Not sure what they are going for now on Ebay but if you can find one on the cheap I'd say grab it. 

I know you are angry but you should go easy on the name calling. I think when people say free they just mean no extra cost than they already are paying. If I want to watch a movie and someone suggests that I rent a movie for $20 I might say "na, Id rather just watch something on netflix for free". Obviously Netflix has a monthly fee but it was paid for whether I watch a movie on it or not.

I could get into the whole $1 conversion from Gold, and spending a few less minutes on CAG and a few more doing MS Rewards and getting GPU for free that way but I don't need the whole value of time argument.
You’re 100% right bro

I’m FUMING lol

(Sarcasm)

And I agree GamePass is a hell of a value. I’m referring to the Xbox console war nut huggers who say that “Sony sucks and Microsoft gives away free games on GamePass” crowd.

People have called games with gold and PS+ games free for as long as I can remember. They aren't free though yet it's just commonly called free. Now you do get to keep 360 and Xbox games even after you stop subscribing but you would still need Gold to claim them which costs money. The only true free games are the ones that Sony just gave out. You don't need PS+ to get them. All you have to do is download them and they are yours.

And I agree GamePass is a hell of a value. I’m referring to the Xbox console war nut huggers who say that “Sony sucks and Microsoft gives away free games on GamePass” crowd.
Sony sucking and Microsoft having a great service are not mutually exclusive, both can be true. Hate to say it but Sony has not made many decisions lately that benefit us consumers. It seems like story after story were they continue eroding their consumer friendly policies and good will. The Kaz, House, Tretton departures have really hurt the brand from a consumer perspective. Jim Ryan is absolute shit, but the company is profitable so he will continue his shitbaggery until it's probably far too late. With that said, PS+ has been on another level lately and really brought back the value they took when they stopped giving 6 games a month and jacked the price up. Sadly, that's about the only positive thing I can think of to say about Sony's recent decisions.

To all the playstation experts is there any reason that I should keep a playstation tv instead of just selling it? Does it do anything special that nothing else can do? Now that these storefronts are closing I guess I should figure out if I even need this.
PS1 games that I bought through psn I can play on PS3, and ones I didn't grab there I can work something out on the Classic if needed. I still have a psp with the few games I would have played, but doubt I will ever go back to anything there. I don't have a PS4 for remote whatever, and any ps4 games I will play will eventually be through a ps5. I never got into Vita so I don't know if there are any absolute must have gems that are worth keeping a separate piece of hardware just for. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Ps1 titles on vita tv you can use analog stick for on games like ff7 and Chrono trigger which do not feature analog support on the other systems.

Besides the ps1 games you also have psp games as well.

You joke but using the control difference is a bit of a quality of life improvement vs using the dpad.

Not that I don't disagree that there's better platforms to play it on likely.

Wish I could hack my ps tv but I think you shouldn’t have updated the software to still be able to hack it? And can u only use DualShock 4 and not dual sense?

Wish I could hack my ps tv but I think you shouldn’t have updated the software to still be able to hack it? And can u only use DualShock 4 and not dual sense?
DualSense does not work on PSTV, last I read. As for your other question, Google is your friend.

For those that swapped their PS3 HDD with a bigger one: any recommendations?
I bought a Toshiba 1TB laptop HDD drive from Best Buy a few years ago, I don't think it's still being made though.

A Western Digital or Seagate 1TB would likely be your best bet (links below for reference):

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/seagate-barracuda-1tb-internal-sata-hard-drive-for-laptops/6164934.p?skuId=6164934

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-blue-1tb-internal-sata-hard-drive-for-laptops/9314126.p?skuId=9314126

Be careful with the screws, they are easy to strip
I had to use a Dremel with a cutoff wheel to turn one of the screws into a flathead because of that.

I just used a 1TB Toshiba drive out of my laptop when I replaced the 60GB drive in mine.

You can still mod it. Really opens up the system to get closer to it's full potential, shame Sony just left it to die.

Came across these articles recently, regarding the number of games that will be lost when the PS3/Vita/PSP stores shut down: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/analysis-2000-digital-only-games-will-disappear-when-playstation-closes-its-stores/

and

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/revealed-the-138-playstation-games-that-wont-be-available-anywhere-after-store-closures/

Thought they might come in handy for those looking at what to prioritize (or what might be lost forever). Doesn’t cover DLC/Add-ons at this point, so there might still need to be further research done on that front. Also, given the manual nature of the searches/searching (according to the article’s author), the list might still be subject to additions in the days ahead.

I saw that list being thrown around but it is not even close to all digital only games.  Didn't even include Elevator Action, House of the Dead 4, or Battle Princess

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but does the Hitman 3 Free Starter Pack end tonight or tomorrow? I just found out about it tonight when I was looking at the Spring Sale and it's over 100 GB! Lol I need to sleep sometimes. Plus their whole Access Pass thing has basically kept me from playing any of the trilogy, even though I think I would really love it. Anyways, thanks for any info! :)

It's strange, I just noticed that when I look at my library on PS5 when you go to the option to sort by you can do it by platform and PS3 is listed but no results show up. It would be a pretty big oversight to have anything even mentioning PS3 is there wasn't a plan for it. At least that's my hope.
Never mind I forgot about PS Now.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1379086558876274692

Borderlands 3 is available until 9/29.

The Long Dark is a permanent addition.

Marvel's Avengers is available until 7/5.

From the front page of CAG, Adorama (?) has Ghost of Tsushima for $24.99 right now. I've never heard of them, has anyone bought from them before?
They’re a pretty big name in online tech retail, but you probably aren’t familiar with them because they focus primarily on camera and PC gear, they barely sell any video game stuff. They’re legit.

Ghost of Tsushima will eventually drop to $19.99 like all Sony first party games, and maybe even a Playstation Plus game in the next 12 months

With that said, PS+ has been on another level lately and really brought back the value they took when they stopped giving 6 games a month and jacked the price up. Sadly, that's about the only positive thing I can think of to say about Sony's recent decisions.
Yeah the PS+ games have been phenomenal lately, Microsoft has forced Sony to up their game. The PSN deals generally suck, but who cares when I already have so many fresh PS+ games in the backlog.

I still think PS+ is a great deal, even at full price (and what CAG pays full price for PS+)

Idk if this is a stupid question or not, but will the Hitman 3 Free Starter Pack be available after today? I know the Dubai level from 3 is gone after today but I plan on buying Hitman 3 soon anyways. Can i purchase it and still download it later or something like that because it's over 100 GB and I need it, i guess, to access Hitman 1 and 2 in H3 right? Idk lol I have been trying to figure this out for the last 2 days, I should've just downloaded it but I didn't figure I'd have the time to download it before it was gone because I thought it ended last night but it's still there so i feel stupid. Anyways is there any reason to download or is there a way to get 1 and 2 into 3 another way that's free? I haven't ever played any of this trilogy really because I never got the whole seemingly over complicated Access Pass thing with the new Hitman games. Anyways, thanks for any help or info about this. Can't wait for their take on 007 though! :) Sorry for the long, kind of rambling post lol!

Edit: One more thing, sorry but is there any reason to claim FF7R on PS+ if I have the Deluxe Edition physically and own a PS5? Would it mess me up when I buy Intergrade physically probably when it comes out? I know it can't be upgraded so I assume there's no purpose for me really. Again thanks and sorry!

Me looking at the download list on my PS3 after buying MotorStorm RC Complete:  "Mistakes were made."

The download list on PS3/Vita (and Xbox 360) is a nightmare.

I just have to ask this is PS now why would you or should you be able to get the PS5 versions especially when they’re on there for a limited time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I paid for Avengers so it doesn’t impact me, but the game is being added to a paid service in PSNow. Additionally, the PS4 to PS5 upgrade is free for owners of the game, so it is a little odd to me personally. I just think the small caveats to some of these Sony offerings (looking at you, FF7R PS+ Edition) are head scratchers.

I paid for Avengers so it doesn’t impact me, but the game is being added to a paid service in PSNow. Additionally, the PS4 to PS5 upgrade is free for owners of the game, so it is a little odd to me personally. I just think the small caveats to some of these Sony offerings (looking at you, FF7R PS+ Edition) are head scratchers.
Sure they're paid services, but we're talking literally $2-5 a month. Junk food costs more than that. They're already practically giving them away, so it's not reasonable to expect the latest or complete editions.

Oddworld is a new release, but only the PS5 version is on PS+. That means the overwhelming majority of PS+ users can't play it. "Why didn't Sony just give away both?" "Why is PS+ Collection only available for PS5 owners?"

Control Ultimate Edition on PS Plus allowed the upgrade to PS5. Wonder why Sony are being dicks toward those who bought their new systems?

Sure they're paid services, but we're talking literally $2-5 a month. Junk food costs more than that. They're already practically giving them away, so it's not reasonable to expect the latest or complete editions.

Oddworld is a new release, but only the PS5 version is on PS+. That means the overwhelming majority of PS+ users can't play it. "Why didn't Sony just give away both?" "Why is PS+ Collection only available for PS5 owners?"
I think it was to give people who bought the PS5 some games to play on it when there were no exclusives

anyone know why plat prices.com is showing a couple games for free that don't appear to be?

https://platprices.com/en-us/

King Oddball

Pac-Man Champ edition 2

100ft Robot Golf

Tiny Brains

Mafia 3

Farming sim 15

But when you follow the links to those in the App Store, there's no way to even add them to your cart.

The reason I would argue this when it comes to Avengers is because the next-gen update is included if you own the base version of the game. I could understand if it was a $10 upgrade like some other cross-gen games.

As small as the cost of PS+ may be, unless Sony truly gives a game away (most recently Ratchet and Clank), all games through PS+ or PSNow are rentals. Once you stop paying, you lose access.

bread's done
Back