Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
There’s a bundle? If not how much was 0
Strangely enough, there is a bundle of all 3 of those games for $49.99. But I bought them individually at the below prices, which are good until 4/29.

Yakuza 0 - $4.99

Yakuza Kiwami - $4.99

Yakuza Kiwami 2 - $9.99

They just put 3, 4 & 5 on sale individually at $9.99 as well in the new sale that started today.

Strangely, The Yakuza Remastered Collection (bundle of 3/4/5) is still priced at $39.99 which is the new retail price.

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life is currently not on sale, but has been as low of $7.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of want to get the Symphony of the Night/Rondo of Blood bundle...but that involves giving Konami money which just makes me feel dirty. :whistle2:|

I kind of want to get the Symphony of the Night/Rondo of Blood bundle...but that involves giving Konami money which just makes me feel dirty. :whistle2:|
I bought it at $10 and felt it was well worth it, but I’m a hardcore CV fan. Also, it’s a double-edged sword: you give Konami money because they created Castlevania and countless other great franchises, but then they turn that money into things no one asked for, like mobile games and pachinko machines.

I bought it at $10 and felt it was well worth it, but I’m a hardcore CV fan. Also, it’s a double-edged sword: you give Konami money because they created Castlevania and countless other great franchises, but then they turn that money into things no one asked for, like mobile games and pachinko machines.
Hence my dilemma :???:

https://twitter.com/Lost_Soul_Aside/status/1387608611270971392?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJqWnhbZwi4

Wreckfest PS5 features trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FM2gkS2oMs

What I remember playing the PS4 version, improved load times will be a big change by itself. That game took a while to load up races and events.

I played some Genshin Impact on PS5 last night and the fast travel loads were about a second. Much faster than I remembered from the PS4 version and it's a much more stable experience throughout the game, so no more framerate hitches and all that.

I was really excited to play Wreckfest when I first got it, but the load times alone were bad enough to kill a lot of my hype.

Load times for Wreckfest were dramatically reduced by patches. And if you have a PS5 or Xbox Series X, they’re even better now. Not saying that the PS5 version won’t reduce them even further, but if you haven’t played in a while, give it a shot and you’ll see a big difference already.

I’m more looking forward to the visual upgrades and adaptive trigger support.

I've heard it's just about the most bare-bones, crappy bundle as anyone has ever put together.

The games are absolutely amazing, though, so if you have no other way to play them *shrugs*.

I saw that the PS4 release of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir has matched its all-time low of $17.99.  

That's tempting.  

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-day-video-game-deals

Free upgrade incoming for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order for PS5:

• Coming this summer, we’re excited to announce the next-gen release of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, bringing a number of technical improvements to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S console versions of the game. This will be a free cross-generation upgrade to current owners. More details will come soon.

I saw that the PS4 release of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir has matched its all-time low of $17.99.

That's tempting.

Must have changed it since yesterday then as I think it was 19.99 when I was looking at the website list.

The Ratchet & Clank State of Play is about to begin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8hWEhS7iw0

• Subnautica: Below Zero is one of the two indies featured here. Physical/Digital PS4 owners can upgrade to the digital PS5 version for free. Out May 14.
  • Among Us is coming to PS5/PS4 in 2021. Ratchet & Clank skins coming to it.
  • Ratchet has dash and wall run moves to get around the world with the dash being useful for combat to evade attacks.
  • Looks to have a bunch of accessibility options in it like The Last of Us Part II.
Among Us PS Blog post:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/29/grab-your-crew-among-us-drops-on-ps4-and-ps5-this-year/

Subnautica: Below Zero PS Blog post:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/29/all-new-subnautica-below-zero-gameplay-revealed-in-state-of-play/

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart PS Blog post:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/29/15-mins-of-new-gameplay-for-ratchet-clank-rift-apart/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zf1GCFoqn0

For some reason, I can no longer see embedded tweets on this site while browsing from my phone.

Fortunately, nothing of value was lost.

Guess I was actually being generous about Returnal being a $30-$40 game. Looks like wet ass. Greatly dislike run-n-gun, so it probably wasn't for me anyways, but it went from me picking it up on a sale to probably never touching it even if it goes to PS Plus. Looks like a shitty mixture of Doom (garbage) and Remnant from the Ashes (great).

Ratchet and Clank on the other hand, with the small gameplay I've seen, looks REALLY good though. I've never played the series, and even though it looks like the gameplay is very similar to Returnal, im at least interested. Not $70 interested of course, but definitely $30.
I’m guessing u don’t like control either. Looks like infamous, control and doom combined

Guess I was actually being generous about Returnal being a $30-$40 game. Looks like wet ass. Greatly dislike run-n-gun, so it probably wasn't for me anyways, but it went from me picking it up on a sale to probably never touching it even if it goes to PS Plus. Looks like a shitty mixture of Doom (garbage) and Remnant from the Ashes (great).

Ratchet and Clank on the other hand, with the small gameplay I've seen, looks REALLY good though. I've never played the series, and even though it looks like the gameplay is very similar to Returnal, im at least interested. Not $70 interested of course, but definitely $30.
Damn

Tell us how you really feel man

R&C is one of my top 5 favorite series. I think I would honestly pay a couple hundred bucks for it and be happy.

Returnal actually looks kind of cool, but not $70 of cool. I think Game Pass has spoiled me ... it’s saved me plenty of money spent on so-so games ... guess I’ll wait for a sale.

I hate spending $70 on a game but Returnal is fantastic. Favorite game of this gen so far. Fun and frantic combat, game loop and gorgeous to look at. Best use of adaptive triggers outside Astro’s Playroom.

It’s a rogue like for sure, but I’ve heard it described as an arcade shooter and I can agree with that. It’s got that one more time hook.

Only issue that’s been also mentioned in most reviews is the saving situation. It really needs an auto save just to save your spot. Not for you to be able to reload after death but to be able to quit the game. Putting your console in rest mode, which the dev suggests at the beginning of the game, is not a good solution.

I hate spending $70 on a game but Returnal is fantastic. Favorite game of this gen so far. Fun and frantic combat, game loop and gorgeous to look at. Best use of adaptive triggers outside Astro’s Playroom.

It’s a rogue like for sure, but I’ve heard it described as an arcade shooter and I can agree with that. It’s got that one more time hook.

Only issue that’s been also mentioned in most reviews is the saving situation. It really needs an auto save just to save your spot. Not for you to be able to reload after death but to be able to quit the game. Putting your console in rest mode, which the dev suggests at the beginning of the game, is not a good solution.
I’m on the fence with it. The overall gameplay looks a lot like Risk of Rain to me. How true is that, if you’ve played Risk of Rain?

I’m on the fence with it. The overall gameplay looks a lot like Risk of Rain to me. How true is that, if you’ve played Risk of Rain?
There may be some similarities but to me this is a far better game - story wise, gameplay wise, visually - pretty much everything.

It is already sold out at Best Buy and Gamestop stores where I live. Looks like online at Best Buy is also sold out as well.

Got my first real run in on Returnal and nearly beat the first boss. Great stuff so far and can't wait to try again tomorrow. It feels like a good third-person shooter within a roguelite framework.

I had about $70 in PSN credit so I said **** it and got Returnal. Died on a tough enemy in my first run but beat the first boss on my second run. I'm quite a ways into the second level now but I'm too tired to keep playing so I'm putting the system into rest mode and will pick it back up tomorrow. So far I love it. On the other hand, if the first boss had killed me I'd probably have buyer's remorse. I did NOT want to lose all the progress.

I had about $70 in PSN credit so I said **** it and got Returnal. Died on a tough enemy in my first run but beat the first boss on my second run. I'm quite a ways into the second level now but I'm too tired to keep playing so I'm putting the system into rest mode and will pick it back up tomorrow. So far I love it. On the other hand, if the first boss had killed me I'd probably have buyer's remorse. I did NOT want to lose all the progress.
That's literally the point of the game. I've died over 10 times and haven't even made it to the first boss yet.

It is already sold out at Best Buy and Gamestop stores where I live. Looks like online at Best Buy is also sold out as well.
Best Buy didn't really sell out. Sony never delivered any stock to stores. I suspect GameStop had the same issue.

bread's done
Back