Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
mmhmm like fire emblem is always a big seller before all this started. Don't want to even know what they go for now.
Don't remind me. I collect Gamecube games and accessories, and Fire Emblem is one of my white whales even though there are much rarer games. On the flipside, during and post-pandemic, my collection's value is insane now.

(sorry for off-topic)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently hard drives aren't as big a debate point as on Xbox. What's the best bet to swap out my PS4 pro drive? Other than going full ssd, I don't want to buy a 2tb ssd. I arm to be having a hard time finding drives above 5400rpm.

Used prices are indeed crazy for some things. Remember, no money goes to publishers or devs from used sales so esp with cartridge games like GBA there no real reason to pay those huge costs.
I know you wont like the answer but since Pro already has a 1 TB in in it, I'd recommend just doing an external HD maybe 4TB+. This gives you a lot of space as well and makes it so when you get the PS5 you can use it on there as well. For SSD above 1TB is expensive for sure.

It seems like platforms pre-PS4 and Xbox One are seeing the value of games go way up. Some GBA games are over $200+ now. It's wild what some people will pay for them.
My sealed copies of Metroid Fusion and Zero welcome the upcoming release of Dread.

What's the deal with Trails of Cold Steel 2 always going on sale, but not 1?

Can you please explain why it is useless if I have already played through the campaign and 3 of the first 4 DLC? i quit playing about a year ago but keep thinking of going back for the one DLC I missed at least.
The season pass 2 doesn't have campaign content, but it does include a fourth skill tree and and a sorta "season pass" style xp bar and daily challenge system that unlocks weapons, skins etc like a lot of other games' season passes, if that makes sense. I bought the pass when I was playing with friends and barely got to use the new skill tree for like two of the DLC campaigns, but didnt really have time to use the challenge system I just described. It would've been waaaay more fun to have had both from the start of the base game honestly. If you're gonna stop after the DLC, it's a waste, but if you do NG+ or you're gonna replay it with friends it might be worth it.

I've got friends who have friends at GBX tho and it sounds like they are working on a third pass w story content, so who knows.

The xp rewards weren't part of the second season pass.
I double checked to make sure I was thinking of the right thing and I am. The Vault Card thing is only in the Directors Cut dlc, I remember I was describing it to my co op friends (I was the only one who bought S2) and they couldn't access or see what I was talking about. It's a "neat" system on paper, just would've actually been fun to have from the start, especially when the prompts are things like "get 500 shotgun kills" or "kill 100 of these enemies on the second planet" etc etc

Those podcast missions were fine imho, but also kinda not worth the price of admission considering how meaty even the smallest holiday DLCs in 2 were

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1412064162725965825

God of War - Permanent

Judgment - Ends 10/4

Moving Out - Permanent

NASCAR Heat 5 - Permanent

Nioh 2 - Permanent

Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 - Permanent

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Ends 11/1 - Download Only

God of War - Permanent
Judgment - Ends 10/4
Moving Out - Permanent
NASCAR Heat 5 - Permanent
Nioh 2 - Permanent
Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 - Permanent
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Ends 11/1
Looks like my guess was on the mark, Nascar and Olympics out of nowhere though. This is the first PS Now batch in a while that resembles what we normally used to get.

Apparently hard drives aren't as big a debate point as on Xbox. What's the best bet to swap out my PS4 pro drive? Other than going full ssd, I don't want to buy a 2tb ssd. I arm to be having a hard time finding drives above 5400rpm.
If I was still planning on just owning a PS4 Pro for a few more years before getting PS5, I would bite the bullet and get a SSD especially since the Pro has a SATA III bus. I don't think it will blow your mind, but this late in it's lifecycle, it will breath new life into the system. If you can live with with 1 TB I've seen the newest Samsung SSD go around $100. It does get steep going to 2 TB.

If I was still planning on just owning a PS4 Pro for a few more years before getting PS5, I would bite the bullet and get a SSD especially since the Pro has a SATA III bus. I don't think it will blow your mind, but this late in it's lifecycle, it will breath new life into the system. If you can live with with 1 TB I've seen the newest Samsung SSD go around $100. It does get steep going to 2 TB.
Excellent advice here. I have a 2TB FireCuda inside my PS4 Pro and, while it’s definitely an improvement over the stock hard drive, it still leaves me a bit wanting in terms of overall speed and performance. Just waiting for a good name brand SSD to drop to the $150-ish range before I bite the bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I double checked to make sure I was thinking of the right thing and I am. The Vault Card thing is only in the Directors Cut dlc, I remember I was describing it to my co op friends (I was the only one who bought S2) and they couldn't access or see what I was talking about. It's a "neat" system on paper, just would've actually been fun to have from the start, especially when the prompts are things like "get 500 shotgun kills" or "kill 100 of these enemies on the second planet" etc etc

Those podcast missions were fine imho, but also kinda not worth the price of admission considering how meaty even the smallest holiday DLCs in 2 were
But you were describing the Guardian Ranks , not Vault Cards. You get perks from Guardian Ranks (not from SP2), and loot from Vault Cards (SP2).

The season pass 2 doesn't have campaign content, but it does include a fourth skill tree and and a sorta "season pass" style xp bar and daily challenge system that unlocks weapons, skins etc like a lot of other games' season passes, if that makes sense. I bought the pass when I was playing with friends and barely got to use the new skill tree for like two of the DLC campaigns, but didnt really have time to use the challenge system I just described. It would've been waaaay more fun to have had both from the start of the base game honestly. If you're gonna stop after the DLC, it's a waste, but if you do NG+ or you're gonna replay it with friends it might be worth it.

I've got friends who have friends at GBX tho and it sounds like they are working on a third pass w story content, so who knows.
I am still playing BL3 with the different character classes so I may get the second season pass when it is on sale just for the extra skill tree and some of the other perks.

PS+ lineup is live:

PS5 A Plague Tale: Innocence - Free upgrade if you already own the PS4 version

PS4 Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

PS4 Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown

PS4 WWE 2K Battegrounds

PS Now lineup:

God of War

Judgment

Moving Out

NASCAR Heat 5

Nioh 2

Olympic Games Tokyo 2020

Red Dead Redemption 2

Pro Tip for those trying to bring their save over to the PS5 version of A Plague Tale: Innocence:

• Download or update the PS4 version first and upload the save from there.
  • Launch the PS5 version and it should either have the third save slot with that save in it.
  • Don't launch the PS5 version first because you'll have to go into the save manager and delete the PS+ cloud and local saves to revert it back to having no saves. You might have to go back to the PS4 version to reupload the save again if you did that.
  • Be careful if you've messed up the cloud save, as you can easily let it overwrite you original save on PS4 if you're not that careful.

It's the weirdest game I've seen for transferring saves over to the PS5 version. I was hoping that the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order style would become the norm, but I guess that feature wasn't ready in time for this game.

What's in Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 - PlayStation®Plus Edition that makes it different than the non-PlayStation®Plus Edition ?

What's in Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 - PlayStation®Plus Edition that makes it different than the non-PlayStation®Plus Edition ?
Probably had none of the bonus items you get with the regular version:

Digital version of Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 includes:

- 5 Reserve Crates that each grant 3 exclusive items from Black Jack’s Reserves
- Special Digital Bonus Items

The same way that the PS+ version of Modern Warfare 2 didn't give players the bonus stuff for Warzone and Modern Warfare.

Wait u can transfer ur PS4 save file and trophies get carried over? I just finished it again feels better and faster loading time definitely helps. Don’t like how it always looks blurry tho wish it could’ve been sharper since it’s 4K now. I do have issues with trophies not showing up too. Platinum seems pretty easy so I’ll get back to it once they update it

Woohoo! Box VR is finally on sale again! Grabbing that and Ni No Kuni.

Probably had none of the bonus items you get with the regular version:

Digital version of Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 includes:

- 5 Reserve Crates that each grant 3 exclusive items from Black Jack’s Reserves
- Special Digital Bonus Items

The same way that the PS+ version of Modern Warfare 2 didn't give players the bonus stuff for Warzone and Modern Warfare.
Thanks. I have physical Black Ops 4 so looks like I got none of that anyway. And nothing helps me understand the differences like "Special Digital Bonus Items". Oh thanks Activision, that clears it right up!

Planet of the Discounts ends 7/22 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/8a31d28e-61a4-4794-9286-24f7944b7c5c/1

Games Under $15 ends 7/22 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/afd7cea8-25fc-4274-8e2e-4e27c60f0bcc/1

Add-on Deals ends 7/22 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/34b9c41e-10e7-410f-ba21-83e9e745aece/1

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Deal of the Week at $29.99 ends 7/15 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA08829_00-CODMWTHEGAME0001

Statik for $4.49, lowest it has been. If you have PSVR and like puzzles, it is a very unique game that I enjoyed a lot. Also there is a demo, so you can try before you buy.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1413239010034700288

Summary

Well, that's 2/3 games lost through Gamefly. This service sucks. USPS must be screwed to hell and back right now.
I've been using GameFly for almost a decade and only had 1 game go missing. It eventually got checked in a couple months after I reported it missing to them. Basically, your situation is highly unusual.

I've been using them on and off for a decade too and they've only lost 1 game on me during that time, but two in a row? I don't think it's a coincidence. The support person didn't even shrug at it. Here's a direct quote:

"No worries. Like I said the USPS in general drops the ball sometimes and especially here lately they have been slower than even that it seems so that is most likely what it is."

The only issue I had lately with Gamefly was the Cyberpunk 2077 disc took about two weeks to get to me at launch, which is probably more due to the shit going on at the USPS with their slowed down/ignored delivery plans than anything on Gamefly's end. Ended up getting it the day after I reported it missing.

Edit: My purchase of Bravely Default II was also weird in that it took four days to get an update after it supposedly shipped because it was handed off to DHL, who is the worst carrier out there, and they just handed it off a few days later to the local USPS to finish it. 8 days from the distribution center that's about two hours away.

Yeah, it took a week for my games to even arrive despite my distribution center being just a state away, and when they finally arrived, I already lost a lot of interest in playing those games. Now I have to feel responsible for these games if they get lost in the mail. I have to ship them back a week before I cancel my subscription to ensure they get returned on time. So you only actually get two weeks to play the games you rent.

The normal price for a month is $15? I'm barely getting any use out of it for $1. I won't be missing Gamefly just like no one misses Blockbuster late fees.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/07/08/death-stranding-directors-cut-launches-on-ps5-september-24-2021/

I can confirm now that all the Half-Life and Cyberpunk 2077 content introduced to the PC version of Death Stranding will also be available in Death Stranding Director’s Cut.

Before we get into the PS5 features, wanted to also confirm to the many Porters who have either just made their first delivery, or you’re off building loads of structures to help other Porters – Unite the Divided! – PlayStation 4 console save data will be transferable. We wanted to ensure that players, no matter where they are in their journey, could pick back up relatively in the same area as they left off when playing the PS4™ version, while also enabling players who have already completed the game the ability to jump to the areas where new content and equipment can be discovered.

PlayStation 5 features
  • Experience environment effects with the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback.
  • Get closer to the world of Death Stranding with bespoke adaptive trigger resistance.
  • Hear sound effects come to life in 3D Audio (requires compatible headphones).
  • Get into the action quickly with the PS5 console’s ultra-fast SSD and near-instant load times.
  • Choose from two picture modes – Performance Mode with upscaled 4K and up to 60FPS or Fidelity Mode in native 4K – both with ultra-wide and HDR support**.
Upgrade path defined

If you already own the PS4 version of Death Stranding, you can get the PS5 Death Stranding Director’s Cut Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for only [$10].

Buy any version of Death Stranding for PS4 to get the Death Stranding Director’s Cut Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for PS5 for the same price mentioned above.

$10 for the Death Stranding upgrade isn't a bad deal, since I never got around to playing my PS4 copy.  

Might as well wait until the Director's Cut is out there.  

It also makes the decision for Ghost of Tsushima's $20/$30 upgrade path look even more ridiculous. I will gladly pay $10 to play through DS again with all the new content. 

bread's done
Back