Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Yeah it did. When the DLC came out that version came out too. I honestly forgot it came out as there was no buzz or coverage everywhere I saw. Also the double discounts sale kind of blows. Lots of high prices for things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ps plus has been pretty crappy ever since they got rid of the vita and ps3 cross buy games. Occasionally a good title pops up at least but yeah raising the price and removing games and fewer plus discount made it near worthless to me. If I didn't get a few years for cheap via cdkeys I would probably not have it.

Ps plus has been pretty crappy ever since they got rid of the vita and ps3 cross buy games. Occasionally a good title pops up at least but yeah raising the price and removing games and fewer plus discount made it near worthless to me. If I didn't get a few years for cheap via cdkeys I would probably not have it.
They should have been doing what Microsoft has been doing and that's any 360 or original Xbox game that comes to gold is yours forever even if you stop paying for gold. That should have applied to PS3 games. I hope we see psvr games come to PS+.

No way. The 360 Gold games are usually dreck. The selection of PS3 games were way better because they're temporary licenses. 360 was not capable of that kind of DRM - if you owned a license, it was permanent, which is why the selection is often poor since no publisher would give away actual gold on Gold.

No way. The 360 Gold games are usually dreck.
Disagree. My biggest issue with 360 GWG is that I tend to already own all of them. "Dreck" months are more a result of having less options for freebies since the backwards compatible catalog is only so big and they don't do repeats (99% of the time). The Xbox One side is usually trash though (because MS won't spend much on it).

When Playstation Plus used to cost $30 a year, thats $2.50 a month and you really only need 2 good games each year to come out ahead.  

Just found out Gamestop sells the 1tb SN850 SSD that works with the PS5, had some credit to burn there from trading a One X and had nothing to use it on, was about to purchase from Amazon.

Think I’m in for the SNK collection… I kept getting outbid on a copy of Crystalis for nes, so this is a win for me.

The only reason I maintain my PS Plus subscription is for the online multiplayer (FIFA Pro Clubs) so the free PS plus games over the years has been a nice bonus on top. I can say that there have been some nice games that I didn't already own or only owned physically so a digital option was convenient (remote play situations mainly when I can't physically swap discs). As long as we have ways to get $30 yearly subs on CAG it seems to be worth it in the bigger picture for me still. Full price though is a different story.

If you buy the Mecho Collection, does it come with crossbuy for Mecho Tales like the standalone? And why is the bundle $1.49 when MT costs $10 alone?

I usually pay more because I don't want to use grey market keys.
Imagine being a member of this site and paying more than $30 a year for plus.
Exactly... Some of us don't trust shady sites or foreign codes. Some people on here go through the hassle of signing up for a shady VPN, trusting them with their browsing information and then using that to order codes from foreign markets. No thanks, I'd rather buy it from an actual retailer for a few bucks more and not worry about any shady stuff.

Wut. There's been plenty of good games.

Not since Final Fantasy VII Remake. Has not been anything special since then. They had that biker game that was good, but was already in the PS+ collection so I do not count that.
To each there own, but Days Gone, battlefield V, star wars squadrons, Plague Tale, COD Black ops 4, Hitman 2, and overcooked are all pretty great since then.

To each there own, but Days Gone, battlefield V, star wars squadrons, Plague Tale, COD Black ops 4, Hitman 2, and overcooked are all pretty great since then.
The biker game I mentioned was Days Gone and did not really count because it is already available on the PS+ collection. Nothing you listed after that is anything worth bragging about.

The biker game I mentioned was Days Gone and did not really count because it is already available on the PS+ collection. Nothing you listed after that is anything worth bragging about.
Paid $45 for 1yr PS plus subscription last November and I thought the free games were pretty good. Games like FFVII, Control, Concrete Genie, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

They're nothing to throw shade on either. They are all highly rated games. If they're not your cup of tea that's fine and you are entitled to your opinion. If you aren't finding value then don't be a PS+ subscriber. Simple.

Aren't opinions great? It's like, we can all have our own, and none of them are wrong!

With that being said, just because you don't like the games doesn't mean you have to accept them into your library or play them and talk trash when people are saying they like the offerings. There's so much more to PS+ benefits than games that don't meet your standards. 

They're nothing to throw shade on either. They are all highly rated games. If they're not your cup of tea that's fine and you are entitled to your opinion. If you aren't finding value then don't be a PS+ subscriber. Simple.
Evidently, I am not entitled to my opinion if I have to stop being a PS+ subscriber if my opinion differs than someone elses. I know every month cannot be a winner and I expect there to be a few more good games to come out on it by the end of the year. I was just agreeing with someone else who wasn't very happy with the quality of titles on there in recent times.

@sp0rklez, this is not talking trash just because I do not love every game Sony feeds us on PS+ either. The games Tyler listed I am pretty sure were also free on Game Pass and on Steam or Epic game store already. Nothing special there. I am sorry you think when someone does not have the same taste in games as you that you take it as some personal attack against you, it is not meant to be that way.

Mine was more of a general statement than a direct comment toward anyone in the discussion. I have seen a lot of complaining in various places about the PS+ selections lately.

Aren't opinions great? It's like, we can all have our own, and none of them are wrong!
I wish people would stop trying to push this blatant misinformation. There are wrong opinions. Here are just a few examples.

“Genocide is an effective measure to solve world problems.”
“Rape is a victimless crime!”
“It’s okay to put meringue on lemon pie.”

Evidently, I am not entitled to my opinion if I have to stop being a PS+ subscriber if my opinion differs than someone elses. I know every month cannot be a winner and I expect there to be a few more good games to come out on it by the end of the year. I was just agreeing with someone else who wasn't very happy with the quality of titles on there in recent times.

@sp0rklez, this is not talking trash just because I do not love every game Sony feeds us on PS+ either. The games Tyler listed I am pretty sure were also free on Game Pass and on Steam or Epic game store already. Nothing special there. I am sorry you think when someone does not have the same taste in games as you that you take it as some personal attack against you, it is not meant to be that way.
I just think it's one thing to say battlefield or overcooked, or plague tale, or star wars squadrons aren't my type of games, but to question their quality is a little silly in my opinion. These aren't shovelware type games they are giving out.

I wish people would stop trying to push this blatant misinformation. There are wrong opinions. Here are just a few examples.

Did I really have to say that there are "no wrong opinions when it comes to video games*" so nobody would take that WAY out of context like what actually happened? I didn't think I needed to, but, here we are.

Plus has had its ups and downs since the change. I expected it to just start sucking after the first initial wave of solid picks that came right after the change but was happy to be wrong.
As much as I hate the way they handle the PS5 games, I am at the very least grateful they didn't downsize the PS4 ones/make them crappy in exchange.
Imo, they haven't had a stellar month since April until this month but there's definitely been AAA games offered at least.

This is a matter of opinion, but one of the first things I learned in the ethics/philosophy class is that opinions can indeed be wrong. They can be ill-informed, based on incorrect premises, biased, etc. In this case you are telling yourself that highly rated games are bad. Clearly, anyone reasonable can see why the opinion of why popular games being offered for free are somehow bad games is wrong. Now, my argument is valid, as the conclusion follows from the premises. But, since the first premise is untrue, the argument is not sound and the conclusion is therefore wrong. It's like if someone said only games that they personally like can be classics, which is a wrong opinion.

If a game is good/classic, then I like it.

Battlefield and Overcooked are not games that I personally like.

Therefore, Battlefield and Overcooked are not good PSN+ games.

The argument is valid, as the conclusion does indeed follow from the premises. But, the first premise is gain untrue, since the games are both popular and rated highly, so the conclusion is wrong.

The opinion was a conclusion reached from a set of premises. One of these premises is false, so therefore the conclusion is wrong. It has nothing to do with the content of the conclusion, because it could be true, and everything to do with the premises. You can't have a sound conclusion if one or both of the premises are untrue.

You could apply the reasonable person argument to the conclusion, and ask if a reasonable CAG would deem Battlefield and Overcooked classic games.

Did I really have to say that there are "no wrong opinions when it comes to video games*" so nobody would take that WAY out of context like what actually happened? I didn't think I needed to, but, here we are.
moving-goalpost.gif

Got my 2TB Western Digital SN850 today.  Waiting for the Sabrent PS5 heat sink to come in before I stick it in.

Everybody can yell at me now for spending $$ on a hard drive.  At least I got my 1TB Xbox Series expansion drive for free with Microsoft Rewards credit.

Not sure if anyone here plays Genshin Impact on a PS4 Pro but mine overheated for the first time when at the log in screen and then again after a dust cleaning, blasting it with a fan until it cooled down and a reboot. The proper error screen showed and it is indeed hot so it wasn't a false reading or anything.
Anyone have the same issue? I know it's horribly optimized (because of course it is), but there's no way it just refuses to run on people's PS4 Pros. The only thing I can think of is that I have Supersampling on for my 1080p TV but that'd still be a massive oversight.

PSA: PS4 firmware v9.0 update bricks PlayStation 4 consoles

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/81693/psa-ps4-firmware-v9-0-update-bricks-playstation-4-consoles/index.html

Haven't read much about this here but was curious if anyone here has experienced issues? I haven't used my PS4 in about a year since I got my PS5 but this is very worrisome to see official firmware bricking consoles
Since I think two firmware updates ago, if you have an external connected and in use and try to update the firmware, it will corrupt the external hard drive. Happened to me twice. No bricking though. Keep in mind the hard drive has to be in use and not just connected. I ended up just wiping both externals I had and disconnecting them.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/81693/psa-ps4-firmware-v9-0-update-bricks-playstation-4-consoles/index.html

Haven't read much about this here but was curious if anyone here has experienced issues? I haven't used my PS4 in about a year since I got my PS5 but this is very worrisome to see official firmware bricking consoles
I had heard about this and backed up my PS4 Pro to an external HDD before installing the update just in case (and I did disconnect the HDD), but I haven't experienced any issues since.

I haven't run into any issues like this and I have been running the beta version for a long time as well.

bread's done
Back