Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I don't know how to help this problem but considering you just had the other problem, maybe you should just consider yourself PSCursed and be done with the whole thing.

I’d say don’t even take a chance with external drives and standby mode. Never use standby mode especially since you already has issues with ur ps5

Did you try the steps listed here? Seemed to fix it for those with the x8

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/k3vcpg/is_anyone_here_using_a_crucial_x8_external_ssd/

Yea definitely cursed
I did some trouble shooting. Plugged it in the C port on the front and it worked fine. Then tried the other USB port in the back and it worked fine. So for whatever reason, it didn't like the USB port in the back I had it plugged into but liked the one right next to it. So I'll just use that from now on. It's working fine powering down and back again from rest mode. Played Strider off it of with no issues. Weird that it gave me problems with that USB port but it's working now and that's all that matters.

Ah yes, I forgot that maxim of good business that states the way to maximal profits is to always give preferential treatment customers in your country of origin.
Japanese business culture is going to seem pretty bizarre if your only perspective for understanding business dynamics is the maximization of short-term profit.

Last edited by a moderator:
all I know is that the Ben Reilly/Sensational Spider-Man suit better be in Spider-Man 2!

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1468082873794056195?s=21

You can get a “deluxe” add-on for $15 that adds the single player campaign, minus the DLCs.

Some new releases:

PSVR After the Fall: Launch Edition - 10% Off + Early Access - Ends 12/8 - Same discount for Deluxe Edition

PS5/PS4 Godfall: Challenger Edition - $15 upgrade for the campaign and Fire & Darkness expansion

PS5/PS4 Heavenly Bodies - 10% off - Ends 1/1

PS5 The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience - Free

PS4 Rune Factory 4 Special - 10% off - Ends 1/21

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection is up for pre-order for $49.99. $10 to upgrade if you already own either game or both, which will be available on 1/28. You also get a free ticket to the Uncharted movie for buying either version by 2/4 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT.

Some new releases:

PSVR After the Fall: Launch Edition - 10% Off + Early Access - Ends 12/8 - Same discount for Deluxe Edition
PS5/PS4 Godfall: Challenger Edition - $15 upgrade for the campaign and Fire & Darkness expansion
PS5/PS4 Heavenly Bodies - 10% off - Ends 1/1
PS5 The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience - Free
PS4 Rune Factory 4 Special - 10% off - Ends 1/21

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection is up for pre-order for $49.99. $10 to upgrade if you already own either game or both, which will be available on 1/28. You also get a free ticket to the Uncharted movie for buying either version by 2/4 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT.
I’m guessing free upgrade only for digital owners?!

I went ahead and used my $5 Best Buy mystery reward to price match Lost Legacy from Target ($10), so even though I’ll need to use the disc every time I play, $15 out of pocket for both games remastered seems like a good deal. Especially since I never played them on PS4.

lol well the husk that is currently Sony Rewards will be fully taken into the field and shot in the head at the end of the month. Sony is murdering it unless you have one of their dumbass credit cards.

lol well the husk that is currently Sony Rewards will be fully taken into the field and shot in the head at the end of the month. Sony is murdering it unless you have one of their dumbass credit cards.
I've seen a couple of posts on boards around the internet that the purchase of PS games is being affected, but I've not seen anything from Sony themselves. Is this also affecting their movie disc registration program, or is that separate?

Tempting.....$10 to turn my PS4 Uncharted 4 into a PS5 Uncharted 4

Or I can save $10 and not play them again or just play the PS4 version if I really need to.

I guess I'll be saving money but I would've bit if I could get PS5 versions of U 1-4 and LL for $10 and then not play any of them

As I understand it, if I pop in my Uncharted 4 disc and buy the PS5 upgrade, it gives me PS5 copies of both Uncharted 4 and LL.  So I guess it could be rationalized as either a $5 upgrade for each or a $10 upgrade and a free game if you only have one of them?

As I understand it, if I pop in my Uncharted 4 disc and buy the PS5 upgrade, it gives me PS5 copies of both Uncharted 4 and LL. So I guess it could be rationalized as either a $5 upgrade for each or a $10 upgrade and a free game if you only have one of them?
Correct, based on Sony's explanation. You'll need to keep that disc to play either PS5 version.

As I understand it, if I pop in my Uncharted 4 disc and buy the PS5 upgrade, it gives me PS5 copies of both Uncharted 4 and LL. So I guess it could be rationalized as either a $5 upgrade for each or a $10 upgrade and a free game if you only have one of them?
I got the impression that it's $10 to upgrade each of them. It's not worded very well.

"PlayStation Plus members who claimed Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End via their PlayStation Plus subscription are not eligible for the $10/€10 digital PS5 upgrade."

This is really dumb. Sony is screwing up the upgrade path. Microsoft is destroying them in this area. Charging $10 is bad enough but for them to not allow this version of the game to be upgraded if you choose is another ridiculous choice.

I got the impression that it's $10 to upgrade each of them. It's not worded very well.
Not accurate based on this:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/12/uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-collection-out-28th-january-on-ps5
Sony has today confirmed the Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection, which remasters Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy for PlayStation 5, will launch on 28th January 2022. The bundle will cost $49.99, and there is a PS4 to PS5 upgrade path available. If you own any one of Uncharted 4 or Lost Legacy on PS4, you can upgrade to the complete Legacy of Thieves Collection for $10. You don't need to own both titles in order to qualify — just one of them will do. However, the versions offered through PS Plus are not part of this offer.

If Square-Enix was smart, they would make Chrono Cross non-canon and just do Chrono Trigger 2 instead.
Didn't they make Bravely Default?

ei877exm5i441.jpg

Gotcha. That's better at least. $5 a game. I sold my disc copy of Uncharted 4 when I got my PS5 since it was free for all PS5 owners. I have already beaten the game but Lost Legacy is on my list to play so I would the paying the $10 just for Lost Legacy because there's no way I'm going to buy Uncharted 4 again in order to play the PS5 upgrade. I'll just wait and see really how much better the LL upgrade is.

Sony is lame with upgrades. It's just ridiculous to expect people to pay for an upgrade when many of the games have been getting it for free and all of Microsoft's games get them for free. At least start offering some exclusive PS5 game modes like added story stuff or whatever if you're gonna charge $10.

Complaining about the upgrade cost for games makes no sense to me in all honesty.

Its like you buy a 2020 model of a car, and the 2021 model comes out with an upgraded stereo standard.  Doesn't mean the company who made the car needs to upgrade your stereo for free.

And if we all remember, when the PS4 launched, games that were on both the PS3 and PS4 did not get free upgrades.

While I own both U4 and LL on disc for PS4, I haven't actually sat down to play them yet.  So when I do, I think I'd prefer to play the PS5 versions just so I don't have to deal with multiplayer to get the platinum.

Complaining about the upgrade cost for games makes no sense to me in all honesty.

Its like you buy a 2020 model of a car, and the 2021 model comes out with an upgraded stereo standard. Doesn't mean the company who made the car needs to upgrade your stereo for free.

And if we all remember, when the PS4 launched, games that were on both the PS3 and PS4 did not get free upgrades.
In a vacuum maybe, but when the competition hasn't charged for a single upgrade, there is plenty of reason to complain.

Also, comparing tangible goods to non is a silly argument. A more apt comparison is if the stereo is lacking features the new one has, and they can be added via a firmware, you might also complain if the company charges for said firmware upgrade especially if others are giving it for free. It may even be reason that you switch to the other company when it's time to buy a new car.

Regarding your last point, just because they've done shitty practices in the past doesn't mean they need to continue to do so.

Its like you buy a 2020 model of a car, and the 2021 model comes out with an upgraded stereo standard. Doesn't mean the company who made the car needs to upgrade your stereo for free.
Due to ps3 being different architecture and a nightmare to program for. So not a fair comparison. Besides that there wasn't very many multiplat titles between the two and even fewer were localized see tales of berseria.

Ignoring titles that got ps4 ports later the only ones I can think of off hand are p5 vanilla and Zestiria.

That and the lack of bc being the final nail.
It's funny as I think a lot of ports on the PS4 were vita titles. Yet for whatever reason tales of hearts and p4g never got ported and they are the most popular ones on the system.

Due to ps3 being different architecture and a nightmare to program for.
I really wish that people would stop this notion that PS3 used some voodoo based alien technology. The PS3 used a PowerPC, exact same as the one found in the Xbox 360. Bet people didn't know that! The Xbox back compat team often say that getting those old games backwards compatible was the hardest thing the team has ever done! This was not just marketing speak, but true wizardry.

A bunch of complete random strangers have already made a fully functioning PS3 emulator. Imagine what Sony who actually owns the source code could have accomplished if they wanted? But of course, there's no money to be made there... only in re-selling remasters and selling top tier subscription service to play your old games.

All good talking points.  In the end, the guy in first place has no reason to care or do whatever the guy in second or third place is doing.  In the end, it comes down to consumers and where they are putting their money today.  

Add to this that Nintendo is its own creature and does as Nintendo does and still makes tons of money.  

There's a reason why Microsoft doesn't disclose the true financials behind Gamepass.  Yes, it's consumer friendly, but is that enough to make a difference when it comes to regaining that top spot?

I really wish that people would stop this notion that PS3 used some voodoo based alien technology. The PS3 used a PowerPC, exact same as the one found in the Xbox 360. Bet people didn't know that! The Xbox back compat team often say that getting those old games backwards compatible was the hardest thing the team has ever done! This was not just marketing speak, but true wizardry.

A bunch of complete random strangers have already made a fully functioning PS3 emulator. Imagine what Sony who actually owns the source code could have accomplished if they wanted? But of course, there's no money to be made there... only in re-selling remasters and selling top tier subscription service to play your old games.
Yes they are both based on PowerPC, but they differ in that one is using a custom architecture. Any Computer Hardware or Software Engineer will tell you that the hardware architecture for both systems are vastly different and unique.

Pretty sure it used The Cell, bro … an unexplainable, alien technology that a future-Joe-Rogan-like podcast will spend three hours discussing at length 100 years from now … but go ahead and spout your facts and details. I choose to believe it’s impossible to emulate until I have a baby PS3 mini in my hands.

I choose to believe that all the relentless fanboyism in this thread comes from adults in Ratchet and Clank hoodies and Bubsy slippers listening to Parappa tracks in their Um Jammer Lammy headphones. Stuck in the past, when Playstation actually was the best console.

I choose to believe that all the relentless fanboyism in this thread comes from adults in Ratchet and Clank hoodies and Bubsy slippers listening to Parappa tracks in their Um Jammer Lammy headphones. Stuck in the past, when Playstation actually was the best console.
I dislike fanboys as much as the next guy, but you only show up to show how much better you are than everyone. And you contribute nothing. You're a pretentious choad. If we can go like 3 pages about troubleshooting for someone, ---- i can tell you in particular to fuck right off ----.

https://imgur.com/a/9d7gBE0

Thats the email I received. No more points on PSN purchases starting at the end of the month.
Got that email also. Sony continues to gimp their rewards while the competition offers one of the most generous rewards systems offered by a company and that includes non-gaming. God damn Jim Ryan is insistent on running PlayStation straight into the ground and doing so when a very hungry and determined competitor is nipping at their heels.

In a vacuum maybe, but when the competition hasn't charged for a single upgrade, there is plenty of reason to complain.

Also, comparing tangible goods to non is a silly argument. A more apt comparison is if the stereo is lacking features the new one has, and they can be added via a firmware, you might also complain if the company charges for said firmware upgrade especially if others are giving it for free. It may even be reason that you switch to the other company when it's time to buy a new car.

Regarding your last point, just because they've done shitty practices in the past doesn't mean they need to continue to do so.
You do realize the competitions not charging for upgrades has actually made some titles WORSE right? If you buy a title with an upgrade on Playstation, like call of duty, you can pay $10 to upgrade to the ps5 version. Xbox explicitly forbids companies from doing this, it's use smart upgrade or NOTHING. so if you buy the xbox one version, you have to buy the ENTIRE xbox series version later if you want the upgrade.

I went ahead and used my $5 Best Buy mystery reward to price match Lost Legacy from Target ($10), so even though I’ll need to use the disc every time I play, $15 out of pocket for both games remastered seems like a good deal. Especially since I never played them on PS4.
Are you kidding? People are getting mystery rewards and I can't even get my regular birthday ten percent off coupon?

I know. It’s crazy. It’s almost like they are some multinational company with stockholders trying to make as much money as they can. Weird.

Not a fanboy. Own both consoles. Play both consoles. Microsoft is doing what they do because they are in second place. Everyone bitching about Sony, stop buying the fucking thing. Stop buying their upgrades. If enough people stop buying it they’ll change their practice. Why would they give it to you for free when they know you will pay for it? To be your buddy?

C’mon man.

I know. It’s crazy. It’s almost like they are some multinational company with stockholders trying to make as much money as they can. Weird.

Not a fanboy. Own both consoles. Play both consoles. Microsoft is doing what they do because they are in second place. Everyone bitching about Sony, stop buying the fucking thing. Stop buying their upgrades. If enough people stop buying it they’ll change their practice. Why would they give it to you for free when they know you will pay for it? To be your buddy?

C’mon man.
Ah yes, always a great argument when you say a company should value its shareholders over its consumers. Of course, that's how companies work, but it shouldn't be extremely obvious to the consumers.

How long will Sony be frontrunning especially with all of these piss poor decisions? Xbox outsold PlayStation globally over black Friday. Of course, that could be supply, time will tell if it is more than that. But if you think Microsoft doesn't have Sony a bit concerned, then how did we go from last year there will be no game pass equivalent on PlayStation to one is about to be launched next year?

Nobody said anything about the company being a buddy, is that what they were last gen when they offered a robust rewards program, were friendly to indies, gave out random $10 PSN money to loyal fans, on and on? Nah instead they have burned all good will they earned last gen and continue to dig with blatant greed. They think they can offer a couple of big blockbuster games a year while continually shitting on everything that made people flock to them last gen and it just isn't going to work that way, well it does work for Nintendo, so who knows? Also, I'm not buying the upgrade, not sure why you assumed otherwise.

bread's done
Back